|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She is the defendant.
(d) She is an orphan.
2. What does Kira find destroyed in Chapter 2 when she returns home?
(a) Her cott.
(b) Her garden.
(c) Her loom.
(d) Her roof.
3. How do the members of the council respond to Kira's ritual actions in Chapter 3?
(a) They frown.
(b) They nod their approval.
(c) They scold her for her clumsiness.
(d) They chuckle.
4. What does Kira do when she is threatened by Vandara and the other women in Chapter 2?
(a) She claims her right to a hearing before the Council of Guardians.
(b) She runs and hides in Matt's cott.
(c) She hides in the Council Edifice.
(d) She fights back with a stone knife.
5. Where does Kira travel at mid-morning in Chapter 3?
(a) The Council Edifice.
(b) Matt's cott.
(c) Through the woods to the next village.
(d) The weaver's shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
2. What crime has Vandara been accused of in the past?
3. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
4. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
5. How many men are on the Council of Guardians?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)