|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
(b) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(c) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
(d) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
2. Whom does Kira choose to serve as her defender?
(a) A family member.
(c) Her older cousin.
(d) A council member.
3. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
(a) A crippled arm.
(c) A deformed spine.
(d) A crippled leg.
4. By law, what punishment does Kira's society give for murder?
(b) Death of the murderer.
(c) Imprisionment for life.
(d) 40 lashes with a whip.
5. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
(a) Small children and chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kira's father in Chapter 1?
2. According to local law, who may be appointed to defend Kira?
3. How many men are on the Council of Guardians?
4. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
5. What did Kira show her mother just before she died?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)