|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the women of the village plan to take Kira?
(a) Before the Council of Guardians.
(b) To the woods.
(c) To the Field of Leaving.
(d) To the next village.
2. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
(a) He was born under an unlucky omen.
(b) He has no relatives currently in the Field.
(c) He does not belong to the village.
(d) He is too young.
3. What did Kira show her mother just before she died?
(a) An intricately embroidered scrap of cloth.
(b) A woven scarf.
(c) A new plant.
(d) A letter from her father.
4. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
(a) Because Kira has no visible talents.
(b) Because Kira is crippled.
(c) Because Kira cannot cook.
(d) Because Kira is unmarried.
5. What does Kira do when Vandara and the village women leave?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She cries.
(c) She throws a rock.
(d) She makes plans for the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kira's friend Matt live?
2. What does Kira eat the evening she returns from the Field of Leaving?
3. Which character is allowed to speak first before the Council of Guardians in Chapter 3?
4. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
5. What do some of the villagers want to build on Kira's property?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)