|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
(a) According to custom, she was supposed to be sent away.
(b) She has no useful skill or ability.
(c) According to custom, she was supposed to be destroyed at birth.
(d) She is living alone and unmarried.
2. Why isn't Matt allowed to enter the Field of Leaving?
(a) He does not belong to the village.
(b) He has no relatives currently in the Field.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He was born under an unlucky omen.
3. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
(a) A crippled leg.
(c) A crippled arm.
(d) A deformed spine.
4. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
(a) Because Kira is crippled.
(b) Because Kira cannot cook.
(c) Because Kira is unmarried.
(d) Because Kira has no visible talents.
5. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(b) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
(c) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
(d) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
2. What do some of the villagers want to build on Kira's property?
3. Why does Kira only eat half of her meal provided during the trial in Chapter 4?
4. What does Kira do when she is threatened by Vandara and the other women in Chapter 2?
5. According to local law, who may be appointed to defend Kira?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)