|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
(a) Stealing flowers.
(b) Stealing carrots.
(c) Hoeing weeds.
(d) Digging potatoes.
2. What reportedly caused Vandara's scar?
(a) An animal attack.
(b) Her husband's beatings.
(c) A fire.
(d) A falling branch.
3. What does the headquarters of the Council of Guardians resemble?
(a) A bank.
(b) A library.
(c) A church.
(d) A skyscraper.
4. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
(a) Pack her belongings and search for her father.
(b) Salvage anything not destroyed by the fire and rebuild her home.
(c) Unpack her loom and begin weaving.
(d) Salvage anything not taken by the villagers.
5. What does Kira find destroyed in Chapter 2 when she returns home?
(a) Her roof.
(b) Her garden.
(c) Her cott.
(d) Her loom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime has Vandara been accused of in the past?
2. Why does Kira only eat half of her meal provided during the trial in Chapter 4?
3. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
4. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
5. What do some of the villagers want to build on Kira's property?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)