|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what service does Jamison provide Kira?
(a) He gives her water.
(b) He provides her with lodging.
(c) He advises her defender.
(d) He serves as her defender.
2. What does Kira find destroyed in Chapter 2 when she returns home?
(a) Her loom.
(b) Her roof.
(c) Her garden.
(d) Her cott.
3. By law, what punishment does Kira's society give for murder?
(a) Death of the murderer.
(c) 40 lashes with a whip.
(d) Imprisionment for life.
4. Where does Kira travel at mid-morning in Chapter 3?
(a) The weaver's shed.
(b) The Council Edifice.
(c) Matt's cott.
(d) Through the woods to the next village.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
(a) She is waiting for her father's spirit to leave its body.
(b) She is searching for her mother's body.
(c) She is waiting for her mother's spirit to leave its body.
(d) She is searching for her father's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira plan to do in Chapter 1 once she returns to the home she shared with her mother?
2. How is Vandara dressed as she presents herself before the Council of Guardians?
3. What do some of the villagers want to store on Kira's property?
4. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
5. What do Vandara and the other women threaten Kira with in Chapter 2?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)