|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kira decide to visit Annabella?
(a) Because Annabella is her grandmother.
(b) To learn the secrets of the Guardians.
(c) To find her father.
(d) To learn the process of dyeing cloth.
2. Why doesn't Kira look at the list of names Thomas writes down?
(a) She is looking at his blue eyes.
(b) In her society, women are forbidden to learn how to read.
(c) She is distracted by a metallic scraping sound.
(d) She is embarassed to be unable to read.
3. What about Jamison amazes Kira?
(a) His intense blue eyes.
(b) His speech.
(c) His ability to read.
(d) His ability to write.
4. What does Kira realize she has never seen either dead or alive after she returns to the Edifice in Chapter 11?
(a) A beast.
(b) A bear or a wolf.
(c) Blue flowers.
(d) A crippled person.
5. What color are the threads in Kira's worktable drawer?
(b) All colors, except blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
2. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
3. What does Kira eat the evening she returns from the Field of Leaving?
4. How many men are on the Council of Guardians?
5. What does Kira harvest from her mother's garden in Chapter 9?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)