|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
2. What does Kira sleep with the night after she is frightened along the path to Annabella's house?
(a) A child's doll.
(b) Her mother's scarf.
(c) Her scrap of embroidered cloth.
(d) A hunting knife.
3. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is the defendant.
(c) She is an orphan.
(d) She is too young.
4. What does Kira give Jo as she tucks her into bed in Chapter 16?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A hug.
(c) Her embroidered scrap of cloth.
(d) An embroidered cloth doll.
5. According to local law, who may be appointed to defend Kira?
(a) A friend.
(b) A family member.
(c) A council member.
(d) Any male villager over the age of 18.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is allowed to speak first before the Council of Guardians in Chapter 3?
2. What shocks Kira about her new accommodations in the Edifice?
3. What does Kira do when Vandara and the village women leave?
4. In Chapter 12, what sound has Thomas heard at night?
5. What are Matt and his friends doing while Kira is on trial?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)