|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By law, what punishment does Kira's society give for murder?
(a) 40 lashes with a whip.
(b) Death of the murderer.
(c) Imprisionment for life.
2. What area do Kira and Thomas pass as they look for Matt in Chapter 17?
(a) Kira's old cott.
(b) The Field of Leaving.
(c) The potter's shed.
(d) The weaver's shed.
3. What does Thomas recall from his childhood in the Edifice?
(a) He was taught to read by a blind man.
(b) He never went outside the Edifice.
(c) He was taught to carve wood by a blind man.
(d) He was locked in his room when he was a little boy.
4. Why does Kira only eat half of her meal provided during the trial in Chapter 4?
(a) She has been accused of eating too much.
(b) She is too nervous to eat.
(c) She saves half of her meal for later.
(d) She shares some of her meal with Matt.
5. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
(a) She has claimed Kira's property.
(b) She will keep Kira as a daughter.
(c) Kira should run from the Council of Guardians.
(d) She should leave the weaver's shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt fear Kira might be while living in the Edifice?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, whose voice do Kira and her friends hear speaking harshly in the lower floor of the Edifice?
3. How did Thomas become an orphan?
4. What does the storm keep Kira from doing in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 12, what thread does Kira wish she had?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)