|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Vandara and the other women think Kira is useless?
(a) Because Kira is unmarried.
(b) Because Kira has no visible talents.
(c) Because Kira is crippled.
(d) Because Kira cannot cook.
2. What does Vandara tell Kira in Chapter 2?
(a) She should leave the weaver's shed.
(b) She will keep Kira as a daughter.
(c) Kira should run from the Council of Guardians.
(d) She has claimed Kira's property.
3. Who are the tenders?
(a) Young boys who tend the flocks.
(b) Acolytes who participate in religious ceremonies.
(c) Boys training to be Guardians.
(d) Servants who care for the orphans in the Edifice.
4. How is Vandara dressed as she presents herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is wearing an elaborately embroidered gown.
(b) She is dirty and barefoot.
(c) She is wearing a brightly colored smock.
(d) She is dressed in white linen.
5. Which character is waiting for Kira during the trial's lunch break in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Kira about her new accommodations in the Edifice?
2. What reportedly caused Vandara's scar?
3. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
4. Who visits Kira after lunch on her first day in the Edifice?
5. What is the woman in the garden doing in Chapter 2?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)