|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Thomas become an orphan?
(a) His mother abandoned him on the steps of the Edifice.
(b) His mother was killed by lightning and his father on a hunt.
(c) Both of his parents were killed by lightning.
(d) Both of his parents died on a hunt.
2. According to local law, who may be appointed to defend Kira?
(a) A council member.
(b) A family member.
(c) A friend.
(d) Any male villager over the age of 18.
3. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
(a) By guessing.
(b) By listening to her mother.
(c) By reading about the rituals.
(d) By watching similar events in the past.
4. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
(b) A lamp.
(c) A closet.
(d) A window.
5. What is brought to Kira's room on her first morning in the Edifice?
(b) Bolts of brightly colored cloth.
(c) Work tools.
(d) Pots of dye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which council member saw Kira's father die?
2. Which council member knew Kira's father?
3. In Chapter 3, when does the messenger arrive for Kira?
4. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
5. What does the headquarters of the Council of Guardians resemble?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)