|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kira choose to serve as her defender?
(a) A council member.
(c) A family member.
(d) Her older cousin.
2. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is the defendant.
(d) She is an orphan.
3. Where are the parents of the child heard in Chapter 13?
(a) Both are dead.
(b) In the next village.
(c) In the village.
(d) In the Fen.
4. Who accompanies Kira to Annabella's house in Chapter 8?
(a) Matt and Branch.
(c) No one.
5. What claim does Thomas make about his and Kira's parents in Chapter 13?
(a) They were the only good people in the world.
(b) Their deaths may be suspicious.
(c) They may still be alive.
(d) They abandoned their children on purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kira confide in about her experience on the way to Annabella's house?
2. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
3. Which character is waiting with Matt for Kira at the Edifice?
4. What does Annabella give Kira to help her calm down in Chapter 11?
5. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)