|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annabella give Kira to help her calm down in Chapter 11?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) Herbs from her garden.
(d) A scrap of embroidered cloth.
2. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is an orphan.
(b) She is the defendant.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She is too young.
3. What shocks Kira about her new accommodations in the Edifice?
(a) The lamps.
(b) The indoor plumbing.
(c) The electricity.
(d) The closets.
4. How do the members of the council respond to Kira's ritual actions in Chapter 3?
(a) They frown.
(b) They scold her for her clumsiness.
(c) They nod their approval.
(d) They chuckle.
5. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A closet.
(c) A window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
2. Where is Matt's father?
3. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
4. What comforts Kira as she falls asleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
5. Who visits Kira in her room after she returns from her exploration of the lower floor of the Edifice?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)