|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the headquarters of the Council of Guardians resemble?
(a) A skyscraper.
(b) A library.
(c) A church.
(d) A bank.
2. What does Matt have inside the bundle he has for Kira in Chapter 6?
(a) Flower bulbs from her garden.
(b) A bundle of threads from her loom.
(c) Food for her journey.
(d) Items he removed from her cott before it was burned.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 13, whose voice do Kira and her friends hear speaking harshly in the lower floor of the Edifice?
(a) Annabella's voice.
(b) An unknown man's voice.
(c) Christopher's voice.
(d) Jamison's voice.
4. How is Vandara dressed as she presents herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is dirty and barefoot.
(b) She is dressed in white linen.
(c) She is wearing an elaborately embroidered gown.
(d) She is wearing a brightly colored smock.
5. What does Kira have in her new room that was not in her cott?
(b) A lamp.
(c) A closet.
(d) A window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
2. What does Annabella give Kira as a parting gift?
3. Where are the parents of the child heard in Chapter 13?
4. Who is waiting for Kira inside the Edifice in Chapter 6?
5. Who cuts Vandara off midway through her accusation?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)