|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Matt, where is Jo from?
(a) From "far yonder."
(b) The Fen.
(c) The next village.
(d) The mountains.
2. What claim does Annabella make in Chapter 11 that shocks Kira?
(a) She will forge the future of their people.
(b) Jamison is her father.
(c) There are no beasts in the forest.
(d) Blue dye does not exist.
3. How is Vandara dressed as she presents herself before the Council of Guardians?
(a) She is dirty and barefoot.
(b) She is wearing an elaborately embroidered gown.
(c) She is wearing a brightly colored smock.
(d) She is dressed in white linen.
4. Where does Kira travel at mid-morning in Chapter 3?
(a) The weaver's shed.
(b) Matt's cott.
(c) The Council Edifice.
(d) Through the woods to the next village.
5. What does Matt offer to do for Kira in Chapter 6?
(a) Send a message to her father.
(b) Gather the remaining plants from her garden.
(c) Carry her possessions upstairs to her new quarters.
(d) Burn down Vandara's cott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kira and her friends hear a child doing while on the lower floor of the Edifice in Chapter 13?
2. What comforts Kira as she falls asleep in her new bed in the Edifice?
3. What does Kira realize she has never seen either dead or alive after she returns to the Edifice in Chapter 11?
4. How does Kira learn the rituals of ceremony that are expected before the Council of Guardians?
5. Why is Kira not required to defend herself before the Council of Guardians?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)