1. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
(a) A deformed spine.
(b) A crippled leg.
(c) A crippled arm.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
(a) She is waiting for her mother's spirit to leave its body.
(b) She is searching for her mother's body.
(c) She is waiting for her father's spirit to leave its body.
(d) She is searching for her father's body.
3. Where is Kira's father in Chapter 1?
(a) In the Council Edifice.
(b) Missing and presumed dead.
(c) At the cott.
(d) Hunting with the other men.
4. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
(a) According to custom, she was supposed to be sent away.
(b) She has no useful skill or ability.
(c) She is living alone and unmarried.
(d) According to custom, she was supposed to be destroyed at birth.
5. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
(a) All property and possessions are divided among relatives.
(b) All property and possessions are divided among the villagers.
(c) The Council of Guardians collects one-tenth of the property.
(d) All property and possessions are burned.
This section contains 4,843 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)