1. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
(a) A deformed spine.
(b) A crippled leg.
(d) A crippled arm.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
(a) She is searching for her mother's body.
(b) She is waiting for her mother's spirit to leave its body.
(c) She is waiting for her father's spirit to leave its body.
(d) She is searching for her father's body.
3. Where is Kira's father in Chapter 1?
(a) At the cott.
(b) Hunting with the other men.
(c) Missing and presumed dead.
(d) In the Council Edifice.
4. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
(a) She has no useful skill or ability.
(b) According to custom, she was supposed to be sent away.
(c) According to custom, she was supposed to be destroyed at birth.
(d) She is living alone and unmarried.
5. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
(a) All property and possessions are divided among the villagers.
(b) All property and possessions are divided among relatives.
(c) The Council of Guardians collects one-tenth of the property.
(d) All property and possessions are burned.
This section contains 4,843 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)