1. What deformity does Kira suffer from?
(a) A crippled arm.
(c) A deformed spine.
(d) A crippled leg.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Kira in the Field of Leaving?
(a) She is searching for her mother's body.
(b) She is searching for her father's body.
(c) She is waiting for her father's spirit to leave its body.
(d) She is waiting for her mother's spirit to leave its body.
3. Where is Kira's father in Chapter 1?
(a) Hunting with the other men.
(b) At the cott.
(c) In the Council Edifice.
(d) Missing and presumed dead.
4. Why do the villagers regard Kira with contempt?
(a) She has no useful skill or ability.
(b) According to custom, she was supposed to be destroyed at birth.
(c) According to custom, she was supposed to be sent away.
(d) She is living alone and unmarried.
5. According to village custom, what happens to a person's property once he or she dies from illness?
(a) All property and possessions are burned.
(b) The Council of Guardians collects one-tenth of the property.
(c) All property and possessions are divided among relatives.
(d) All property and possessions are divided among the villagers.
This section contains 4,843 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)