• Kira is in the Field of Leaving, waiting for her mother's spirit to leave.
• The reader learns that Kira's father, Christopher, is presumed dead.
• Kira worries about her future as a disabled member of her society.
• Kira returns to her home to salvage anything not burned by the villagers.
• Kira meets her friend, Matt, along the way.
• Matt asks Kira about the Field of Leaving.
• Matt warns Kira that some of the villagers are planning to take her family's land.
• Kira finds that most of her possessions have been destroyed.
• Kira discovers that her mother's garden is still intact.
• Kira discovers a stack of saplings used in building.
• Kira chases a woman out of her garden.
• Vandara attempts to drive Kira away.
• Vandara and the village women threaten Kira with rocks.
• Kira reminds Vandara that she has the right to a hearing before the Council of...
This section contains 1,751 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)