* Kira is in the Field of Leaving, waiting for her mother's spirit to leave.
* The reader learns that Kira's father, Christopher, is presumed dead.
* Kira worries about her future as a disabled member of her society.
* Kira returns to her home to salvage anything not burned by the villagers.
* Kira meets her friend, Matt, along the way.
* Matt asks Kira about the Field of Leaving.
* Matt warns Kira that some of the villagers are planning to take her family's land.
* Kira finds that most of her possessions have been destroyed.
* Kira discovers that her mother's garden is still intact.
* Kira discovers a stack of saplings used in building.
* Kira chases a woman out of her garden.
* Vandara attempts to drive Kira away.
* Vandara and the village women threaten Kira with rocks.
* Kira reminds Vandara that she has the right to a hearing before the Council of...
This section contains 1,530 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)