|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nation is the second to assault the Greeks?
(a) The Armenians are the second group sent by the Persians.
(b) The Medes are the second group sent by the Persians.
(c) The Egyptians are the second group sent by the Persians.
(d) The Sacae are the second group sent by the Persians.
2. How does Rooster originally feel about Alexandros?
(a) He feels that Alexandros is a good friend who will always be loyal to him.
(b) He loves Alexandros as his own brother, and would allow no harm to come to him.
(c) He feels that he is braver and a better warrior than Alexandros, and he hates him.
(d) He feels that Alexandros is far braver than he will ever be.
3. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
(a) He is taking the child to protect him from the others.
(b) He is inspecting the child to see if he will be allowed to live.
(c) He is stealing the child so that he can kill him.
(d) He wants to have a look at the child.
4. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(d) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
5. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(b) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(c) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(d) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
2. What does the Oracle tell the Spartans?
3. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
4. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
5. What does agoge boua mean?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)