|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
(a) They ignore the speech.
(b) They politely leave the area to avoid overhearing.
(c) They rap their knuckles on the table.
(d) They join Polynikes in berating Alexandros.
2. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
(a) Twenty Peers come for him.
(b) Polynikes and four assassins of the krypteia came for him.
(c) The royal guard came for him.
(d) No one comes for him.
3. What do the scribe and Orontes want to do about Xeones?
(a) They want him dead, but they want to preserve the story.
(b) They want to preserve the story, and allow him to finish.
(c) They want him dead and the story destroyed.
(d) They want to offer him asylum in the Persian court.
4. What is Xeones' proof that he was there, and not that he simply heard of it?
(a) He shows Xerxes the place where his blade tore the wall of the tent in a back corner.
(b) He has several witnesses who admit that they saw him there.
(c) He recognizes the officer who threw the axe at him and wounded Alexandros.
(d) He can offer only his word of honor that he is telling the truth.
5. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(b) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(c) They are raised according to Bushido.
(d) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dienekes' squire?
2. When king Leonidas gives his speech on the night of the arrival of the Persian force, to whom is he speaking?
3. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
4. What is othismos?
5. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)