|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is panoplia?
(a) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(b) It is an eight night training exercise.
(c) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(d) It is the lake near Sparta.
2. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are three hundred.
(b) There are three thousand.
(c) There are two million.
(d) There are twenty thousand.
3. What happens to the raiding party that saves the life of Xerxes?
(a) They go to the wrong tent at first, and have to go back.
(b) Some exotic birds escape their cages and confuse the Spartans.
(c) One of Xerxes' officers stumbles upon the raiding party as they are entering the tent.
(d) One of the members of the raiding party trips and makes enough noise in his fall to alert the Persians.
4. Who are the non-Spartan members of the raiding party?
(a) They are Rooster and Tommie.
(b) They are Rooster and Ball Player.
(c) They are Tommie and Dithyrambos.
(d) They are Dithyrambos and Doreion.
5. What does General Mardonius want to do about Xeones?
(a) He doesn't care one way or the other what happens to Xeones.
(b) He wants to kill Xeones, but preserve the story.
(c) He wants to allow Xeones to live and continue the story.
(d) He wants to kill Xeones and burn the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
2. What happens to the raiding party?
3. Who is Paraleio?
4. How many children does Xeones father?
5. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)