|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
(a) He prefers to use his two short swords.
(b) He prefers to use his short javelins, called Darning Needles.
(c) He prefers to use a longbow.
(d) He prefers to use his spear, the Eight-footer.
2. If the krypteia have their way, how is Rooster to be punished for rejecting the offer?
(a) He is to be allowed to go free.
(b) He is to be sold into slavery.
(c) He is to be stripped of all rank and weapons and thrown out of the army.
(d) He and his family are to be put to death.
3. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
(a) The king remains at the front of the lines, where he can be a part of the action at all times.
(b) The king does not go with his army, but sends a general in his stead.
(c) The king usually stays at the center of his army, so that his men surround him at all times.
(d) The king commands from the back of the army where it is safer.
4. Other than Ball Player and the dog, who is the other volunteer?
(a) He is a merchant from Miletus, and his name is Elephantinos.
(b) The other volunteer is Minoas, a traitor from the Persian army.
(c) Tommie the Egyptian joined the Greeks.
(d) The other volunteer is Olaph, the wandering Arab.
5. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
(b) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
(c) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
(d) They are designed as a way to pass time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the half helot's father?
2. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
3. How many children does Xeones father?
4. Why does Leonidas include inexperienced soldiers in the three hundred?
5. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)