|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Xeones punished after the battle at Antirhion?
(a) He is punished for following the army.
(b) He is punished for his recklessness on the field of battle.
(c) He is punished for not reporting in a timely fashion.
(d) He is punished for mouthing off to a superior officer.
2. What happens to the raiding party?
(a) They fight against terrible odds, but manage to kill Xerxes before being killed to a man.
(b) They are captured.
(c) They fight to the death.
(d) Alexandros' hand is cut off, and a few others are killed, so Dienekes calls the retreat.
3. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are three hundred.
(b) There are twenty thousand.
(c) There are three thousand.
(d) There are two million.
4. How many men make up the party that attacks Xerxes' tent?
(a) There are tweny men.
(b) There are seven men.
(c) There are eleven men.
(d) There are eight men.
5. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
(a) She and her husband swear that the child is his, and not Rooster's.
(b) She convinces them that whatever the father might have done, it is no fault of the child's.
(c) She kidnaps the child and flees Sparta.
(d) She pays bribes to them to allow the child to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who authorizes the raid on Xerxes' tent?
2. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
3. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
4. What is othismos?
5. How does the scribe keep from getting killed after his capture?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)