|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
2. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
(a) They shout insults at the Persians.
(b) They attack the Persians.
(c) They run away.
(d) They surrender to the Persians.
3. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(b) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(c) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(d) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
4. Who is the half helot's father?
(a) His father is a member of the council.
(b) His father is a farmer.
(c) His father had been a Spartan soldier.
(d) His father is king Leonidas.
5. Why does Leonidas keep the three hundred from getting new cloaks?
(a) He feels that it would be a waste of the city's resources to replace the cloaks of men who will not get to use them long.
(b) He feels that there is no time for the ceremony, and that he and his men must leave immediately.
(c) He wants to wait until after the battle so he will not get cloaks for those who won't survive.
(d) He wants to wait until after the battle so the new cloaks won't get torn and bloody.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
2. What is Hermion's nickname?
3. The three hundred and their allies are to be met by a thousand heavy infantry from Phokis and Lokris. What do they find instead?
4. What does agoge boua mean?
5. How long does the scribe serve the Greeks as interpreter?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)