|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called The Breaking.
(b) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
(c) It is called The Oak.
(d) It is called sparring.
2. When king Leonidas gives his speech on the night of the arrival of the Persian force, to whom is he speaking?
(a) He is speaking to all of the allied officers and the Spartan officers.
(b) He is speaking to the Spartan officers.
(c) He is speaking to the allied officers.
(d) He is speaking to the entire combined forces.
3. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
(a) He tells them to go to Rome.
(b) He tells them to go to Thessaly.
(c) He tells them to go to Sparta.
(d) He tells them to go to Athens.
4. Who is Diomache?
(a) Diomache is the cousin of Xeones.
(b) Diomache is the concubine of Xerxes.
(c) Diomache is one of the three Fates of Greek mythology.
(d) Diomache is the wife of Leonidas.
5. What do the Spartans discover on their way to the tent of Xerxes?
(a) They find out that Rooster is leading them into a trap.
(b) They find out that Xerxes has found a path around the gates, and that he has ordered troops to surround the Greeks.
(c) They discover a much better patch of ground on which to fight the Persians.
(d) They find out that Xerxes has caught wind of their plan, and has moved his tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than Ball Player and the dog, who is the other volunteer?
2. What does Xerxes believe about Xeones' story?
3. Who are the two narrators of this story?
4. What is the purpose of an all-sire unit?
5. How are Spartan boys punished?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)