|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two narrators of this story?
(a) There is only one narrator, Xeones.
(b) The scribe and Xeones are the narrators.
(c) Ball Player and Rooster are the narrators.
(d) Xerxes and Leonidas are the narrators.
2. How many men make up the party that attacks Xerxes' tent?
(a) There are seven men.
(b) There are tweny men.
(c) There are eleven men.
(d) There are eight men.
3. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
(b) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
(c) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
(d) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
4. Who is Diomache?
(a) Diomache is the wife of Leonidas.
(b) Diomache is the cousin of Xeones.
(c) Diomache is the concubine of Xerxes.
(d) Diomache is one of the three Fates of Greek mythology.
5. Why is Xerxes having trouble sleeping?
(a) He is being plagued by nightmares and guilt over the desecration of Leonidas' body.
(b) He has contracted a terrible illness from one of the injured soldiers.
(c) He has dysentery.
(d) He cannot sleep after the slaughter of battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Polynikes feel that Spartans are superior to any other people?
2. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
3. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians?
4. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
5. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)