|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Tommie.
(b) His name was Steve.
(c) His name was Agamemnon.
(d) His name was Ptammitechus.
2. What do the Athenians call the high part of the city?
(a) They call it The Mound.
(b) They call it the Acropolis.
(c) They call it the royal compound.
(d) They call it The Great Hill.
3. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means training platoon.
(b) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
(c) Agoge boua means battle rage.
(d) Agoge boua means honorable death.
4. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
(a) He tells them that he knows of a way to get a dozen men to the tent of the Persian king.
(b) He tells them that they should desert and return home, because the Spartans would be overrun by the next day.
(c) He tells them that they should abandon the army and join the Persians, just like him.
(d) He tells them to fight with valor, and die a warrior's death.
5. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
(a) He is absolved of his crime.
(b) He is exiled and sent to the Persians.
(c) He is beaten with wooden rods.
(d) He is slain by the krypteia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Polynikes feel that Spartans are superior to any other people?
2. Where are the Persians as Chapter 18 opens?
3. How does Polynikes react to Alexandros' answer?
4. What happens to the scribe after his term of service is up?
5. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)