|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
(a) He became the squire of Dienekes.
(b) He becomes the squire of Olympieus.
(c) He becomes the squire of Leonidas.
(d) He becomes the squire of Xerxes.
2. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
(b) He takes the survivors as slaves.
(c) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
(d) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
3. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
(a) The Thespians were the first to arrive.
(b) The Spartan heavy infantry were first to arrive.
(c) The Persians were the first to arrive.
(d) The Spartan Rangers were first to arrive.
4. How does the scribe keep from getting killed after his capture?
(a) He offers them information on the Persian army's weakness.
(b) He yells out as many of the Spartans' names as he can remember.
(c) He kills several of his captors, so they hold him prisoner for questioning.
(d) He beggs for his life.
5. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Hermion dies on the final night.
(b) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(c) Dekton dies on the final night.
(d) Rooster dies on the final night.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
2. Where is Rooster's mother's city?
3. What nation is the second to assault the Greeks?
4. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
5. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)