|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After some of the helots and Thespians leave, about how many are left in the Greek forces?
(a) There are about one hundred men left.
(b) There are about five hundred men left.
(c) There are about sixty men left.
(d) There are about one thousand men left.
2. What message does Leonidas leave for Greeks who are conscripted into service to the Persians?
(a) You are traitors. May the gods curse you all.
(b) If under compulsion you must fight us your brothers, fight badly.
(c) You have no choice. You are forgiven.
(d) It is better to die free than live a slave.
3. What do the Spartans discover on their way to the tent of Xerxes?
(a) They find out that Xerxes has caught wind of their plan, and has moved his tent.
(b) They discover a much better patch of ground on which to fight the Persians.
(c) They find out that Xerxes has found a path around the gates, and that he has ordered troops to surround the Greeks.
(d) They find out that Rooster is leading them into a trap.
4. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans love to fish.
(b) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
(c) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
(d) Spartans wrestle and run.
5. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
(a) He has a son and a daughter who are twins.
(b) He has twin sons and then a daughter.
(c) He has twin sons.
(d) He has three daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
2. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
3. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
4. What question does Dienekes tell Alexandros has haunted him his whole life?
5. Who is the half helot's father?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)