|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Xerxes, what is the greatest desire of Xeones?
(a) He only wants to kill Xerxes, even at the cost of his own life.
(b) His greatest desire is to rejoin his brothers in arms beneath the earth in death.
(c) His top priority is to escape Xerxes and return to Sparta with the intelligence that he has picked up in the Persian camp.
(d) His desire to tell the story is greater than any other.
2. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
(a) Alexandros is Xeones' sparring partner.
(b) Polynikes is Xeones' sparring partner.
(c) Rooster is Xeones' sparring partner.
(d) Xerxes is Xeones' sparring partner.
3. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Dekton dies on the final night.
(b) Hermion dies on the final night.
(c) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(d) Rooster dies on the final night.
4. Why do the Phokians miss the meeting?
(a) They are attacked and must remain to defend their city.
(b) They go over to the Persian side.
(c) They are nearly overrun by the Persians, so they flee.
(d) They have all been slain by the Persians.
5. How does Leonidas appear to Xerxes in his dream?
(a) Xerxes sees Leonidas as a vengeful spirit, ready to haunt Xerxes or eternity.
(b) Xerxes sees Leonidas as whole and alive once again.
(c) Xerxes sees Leonidas as he might have been as a child.
(d) Xerxes sees Leonidas beheaded, with his body nailed to a tree and his head impaled on a spike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the raiding party that saves the life of Xerxes?
2. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
3. What punishment do Alexandros and Xeones receive?
4. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
5. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)