|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mothax?
(a) It is the highest title of honor for Spartans.
(b) It is the grade of warrior youths somewhere between full citizen and helot.
(c) It is freedom from taxes.
(d) It is a golden metal awarded for valor.
2. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
(a) He tells them to go to Thessaly.
(b) He tells them to go to Rome.
(c) He tells them to go to Sparta.
(d) He tells them to go to Athens.
3. What punishment do Alexandros and Xeones receive?
(a) They are whipped.
(b) They are heavily lectured on responsibility, but otherwise let off the hook.
(c) They are given extra labor.
(d) They are locked in a small cell.
4. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Ptammitechus.
(b) His name was Steve.
(c) His name was Tommie.
(d) His name was Agamemnon.
5. What secret does Arete tell Xeones in Chapter 20?
(a) She tells him that she has been having an affair with Leonidas for years.
(b) She tells him that she has been in love with him for years.
(c) She tells him that the son of Rooster really was Dienekes' child.
(d) She tells him that she had been in love with Dienekes e since she was a young girl, even while married to his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the half helot's nickname?
2. What is panoplia?
3. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
4. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
5. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)