|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
(a) The king remains at the front of the lines, where he can be a part of the action at all times.
(b) The king commands from the back of the army where it is safer.
(c) The king usually stays at the center of his army, so that his men surround him at all times.
(d) The king does not go with his army, but sends a general in his stead.
2. When Xerxes goes on a rampage, what does he do in his rage?
(a) He kills some of his high ranking officers.
(b) He kills all of his generals.
(c) He kills Xeones.
(d) He screams and destroys many of his own possessions.
3. Why do the Lokrians not make the meeting?
(a) They were already defeated.
(b) They were afraid of the Persians, and fled.
(c) They got the time wrong, as the months have different names than in Sparta.
(d) They turned to the Persian side.
4. Who vouches for Xeones that he did not overhear details of the raid from the surgeons?
(a) Mardonius speaks up for Xeones' honor.
(b) Artemisia tells the king that the surgeons would not have known of such an attack.
(c) King Xerxes trusts Xeones, and declares his words true.
(d) Orontes, captain of the Immortals informs the king that Xeones was never once left alone with them.
5. How does Polynikes react to Alexandros' answer?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is angered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What epitaph is left for the Greeks who died at Thermopylae?
2. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
3. Who do the Spartans encounter on their way out of the Persian camp?
4. What happens at the battle at Plataea?
5. What is the last thing that Xerxes says to Xeones as Chapter 19 closes?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)