|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
(a) No one comes for him.
(b) Polynikes and four assassins of the krypteia came for him.
(c) Twenty Peers come for him.
(d) The royal guard came for him.
2. Who is Xerxes?
(a) He is the king of the Persian empire.
(b) He is the king of the Spartan city-state.
(c) He is the narrator of the story.
(d) He is a great hero of the Punic Wars.
3. What oath does Alexandros swear the night of Rooster's trial?
(a) He swears that he will show mercy on Rooster in honor of their friendship.
(b) He swears that he will carry out the orders of the krypteis give him.
(c) He swears that if ever Rooster meets them on the field of battle, that he will slay Rooster himself.
(d) He swears that Rooster will never be seen again.
4. What drives Polynikes according to Dienekes?
(a) Polynikes has true andreia.
(b) Polynikes is driven by the greed for glory.
(c) Polynikes is driven by his bloodlust.
(d) Polynikes is driven the fear of dishonor.
5. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
(a) The Persians were the first to arrive.
(b) The Spartan heavy infantry were first to arrive.
(c) The Spartan Rangers were first to arrive.
(d) The Thespians were the first to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
2. According to Xerxes, what is the greatest desire of Xeones?
3. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
4. What does Xerxes believe about Xeones' story?
5. Who authorizes the raid on Xerxes' tent?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)