|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is panoplia?
(a) It is the lake near Sparta.
(b) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(c) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(d) It is an eight night training exercise.
2. Who is Paraleio?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She is the wife of Xerxes.
(c) She is the mother of Alexandros.
(d) She is the cousin of Xeones.
3. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
(a) Xeones returns to warn the Spartan people that the battle has been lost.
(b) Xeones returns to avenge his people.
(c) Due to the violent nature of his death, the spirit of Xeones can not pass on to the world of the dead.
(d) Xeones is to tell the story of the Battle of Thermopylae.
4. How do the Spartans count their dead?
(a) They stand in formation and count off.
(b) The senior surviving officer calls out the names of the soldiers, and who ever doesn't answer is counted as dead.
(c) They each have half of a twig with their names on them, and the other half is in a basket. After the battle, they all match their halves to the others in the basket and count the remaining twigs.
(d) They walk the field of battle and count the dead.
5. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a general.
(b) He becomes a spearman.
(c) He becomes a swordsman.
(d) He becomes an archer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
2. By what other name is Sparta called?
3. Who does Diomache take with her?
4. Why do the Lokrians not make the meeting?
5. What do the Athenians call the high part of the city?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)