|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Artemisia tell Xerxes that he cannot leave the field of battle?
(a) If Xerxes leaves his army in the hands of a general, the general might return victorious from Greece only to take over the empire for himself.
(b) She tells Xerxes that by returning to Persia, he would be missing a grand show in the defeat of the Greeks.
(c) The Persians have no hope of taking Greece without their king.
(d) She tells him that if he leaves after the Oracle spoke to the Spartans, that all of Greece would say that he was running from a dream.
2. How does Polynikes react to Alexandros' answer?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is angered.
(d) He is happy.
3. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
(a) He is in his middle teens.
(b) He is twelve.
(c) He is eighteen.
(d) He is nine.
4. What is the purpose of the speech Leonidas gives after this battle?
(a) He congratulates them on their great victory and releases them for a day to pillage the city.
(b) He berates them for their lack of courage and for their weakness.
(c) He congratulates them on the victory, and commends their behavior towards the prisoners.
(d) He thanks the survivors and honors the fallen, while refocusing their attention on the main battle to come.
5. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
(a) It is the lady Artemisia.
(b) It is king Xerxes.
(c) It is the Persian general Mardonius.
(d) It is the traitor, Rooster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians?
2. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
3. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
4. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
5. Who are the two narrators of this story?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)