|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
(a) He tells Polynikes that the battle made him sick.
(b) He tells Polynikes that he was amused by the ease with which they defeated the enemy.
(c) He tells Polynikes that the battle didn't effect him at all.
(d) He tells Polynikes that he experienced a bloodlust during the battle.
2. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
(a) They run away.
(b) They shout insults at the Persians.
(c) They attack the Persians.
(d) They surrender to the Persians.
3. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
(a) They fight the army of Athens.
(b) They fight the Persian army.
(c) They fight the Agrives.
(d) They fight the Antirhion army.
4. According to Leonidas, how many men could the Persians mass behind the battle wall?
(a) They could only mass twenty or thirty men.
(b) They could mass as many men as they care to.
(c) They could mass one thousand men at most.
(d) The wall completely blocks off the pass.
5. Who are the two narrators of this story?
(a) Xerxes and Leonidas are the narrators.
(b) There is only one narrator, Xeones.
(c) The scribe and Xeones are the narrators.
(d) Ball Player and Rooster are the narrators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
2. Why do the Spartans decide to send only three hundred soldiers to Thermopylae?
3. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
4. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
5. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)