|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
(a) He is exiled and sent to the Persians.
(b) He is beaten with wooden rods.
(c) He is absolved of his crime.
(d) He is slain by the krypteia.
2. For what is Xeones punished after the battle at Antirhion?
(a) He is punished for mouthing off to a superior officer.
(b) He is punished for not reporting in a timely fashion.
(c) He is punished for his recklessness on the field of battle.
(d) He is punished for following the army.
3. What message does Leonidas leave for Greeks who are conscripted into service to the Persians?
(a) You have no choice. You are forgiven.
(b) It is better to die free than live a slave.
(c) If under compulsion you must fight us your brothers, fight badly.
(d) You are traitors. May the gods curse you all.
4. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(c) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(d) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
5. Who vouches for Xeones that he did not overhear details of the raid from the surgeons?
(a) King Xerxes trusts Xeones, and declares his words true.
(b) Artemisia tells the king that the surgeons would not have known of such an attack.
(c) Orontes, captain of the Immortals informs the king that Xeones was never once left alone with them.
(d) Mardonius speaks up for Xeones' honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Spartan boys punished?
2. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
3. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
4. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
5. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)