|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
(a) War is a great and glorious undertaking.
(b) Men who make their business warfare rather than farming perform better on the field.
(c) War is a bloody business, and not for the faint of heart.
(d) War is, unfortunately, unavoidable.
2. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) Apollo returns him to life.
(b) He is given an elixir of immortality.
(c) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
(d) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
3. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
(a) He becomes the squire of Leonidas.
(b) He became the squire of Dienekes.
(c) He becomes the squire of Olympieus.
(d) He becomes the squire of Xerxes.
4. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
(a) He wants to have a look at the child.
(b) He is inspecting the child to see if he will be allowed to live.
(c) He is taking the child to protect him from the others.
(d) He is stealing the child so that he can kill him.
5. What is othismos?
(a) Othismos is a field near Sparta where the Spartan boys train.
(b) Othismos is the initial collision on the battlefield and the chaos that follows.
(c) Othismos is the euphoria that comes upon the victor after a battle.
(d) Othismos is one of the ancient Spartan sacrificial rites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What oath does Arete swear to Xeones?
2. What does Leonidas say is the tell-all when battle comes?
3. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
4. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
5. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)