|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
(a) His name is Paraleio.
(b) His name is Alexandros.
(c) His name is Dekton.
(d) His name is Polynikes.
2. For what is Xeones punished after the battle at Antirhion?
(a) He is punished for not reporting in a timely fashion.
(b) He is punished for following the army.
(c) He is punished for his recklessness on the field of battle.
(d) He is punished for mouthing off to a superior officer.
3. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are two million.
(b) There are three thousand.
(c) There are three hundred.
(d) There are twenty thousand.
4. What nation is the second to assault the Greeks?
(a) The Armenians are the second group sent by the Persians.
(b) The Egyptians are the second group sent by the Persians.
(c) The Sacae are the second group sent by the Persians.
(d) The Medes are the second group sent by the Persians.
5. What causes Xeones to continue the story?
(a) Xeones decides to finish the story.
(b) Xerxes told him that he would kill him if he did not continue.
(c) Dmaratos, a cruel Persian soldier, threatened to beat him if he did not continue.
(d) Dmaratos, a deposed Spartan king, reminds him of his duty to Apollo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
2. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
3. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
4. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
5. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)