|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Alexandros is his squire.
(b) Xeones is his squire.
(c) Rooster is his squire.
(d) Suicide is his squire.
2. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
(a) His name is Dekton.
(b) His name is Polynikes.
(c) His name is Alexandros.
(d) His name is Paraleio.
3. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
(a) He captures an enemy officer.
(b) He rescues Olympieus.
(c) He defeats an armed Persian with his bare hands.
(d) He breaks the Persian line.
4. Who stands to defend Athens during the Persian attack?
(a) Athens is defended by a small band of fanatics only.
(b) Athens is defended by the Spartans.
(c) Athens is defended by the full Athenian legions.
(d) Athens is completely abandoned.
5. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it phobologiea.
(b) They call it the void.
(c) They call it aphobia.
(d) They call it phobology.
Short Answer Questions
1. When king Leonidas gives his speech on the night of the arrival of the Persian force, to whom is he speaking?
2. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
3. What is the standing order of Dienekes while on campaign?
4. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
5. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)