|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
(a) His name is Paraleio.
(b) His name is Alexandros.
(c) His name is Dekton.
(d) His name is Polynikes.
2. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means training platoon.
(b) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
(c) Agoge boua means battle rage.
(d) Agoge boua means honorable death.
3. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
(a) He breaks the Persian line.
(b) He captures an enemy officer.
(c) He defeats an armed Persian with his bare hands.
(d) He rescues Olympieus.
4. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(b) He tells them to never surrender.
(c) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
(d) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
5. What causes Xeones to continue the story?
(a) Dmaratos, a deposed Spartan king, reminds him of his duty to Apollo.
(b) Dmaratos, a cruel Persian soldier, threatened to beat him if he did not continue.
(c) Xeones decides to finish the story.
(d) Xerxes told him that he would kill him if he did not continue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
2. How do the Spartans count their dead?
3. How are Spartan boys punished?
4. Why does Arete give Xeones coins?
5. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)