|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
(a) He rescues Olympieus.
(b) He defeats an armed Persian with his bare hands.
(c) He breaks the Persian line.
(d) He captures an enemy officer.
2. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans love to fish.
(b) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
(c) Spartans wrestle and run.
(d) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
3. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
(a) They run away.
(b) They surrender to the Persians.
(c) They shout insults at the Persians.
(d) They attack the Persians.
4. What drives Polynikes according to Dienekes?
(a) Polynikes has true andreia.
(b) Polynikes is driven the fear of dishonor.
(c) Polynikes is driven by the greed for glory.
(d) Polynikes is driven by his bloodlust.
5. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
(a) Due to the violent nature of his death, the spirit of Xeones can not pass on to the world of the dead.
(b) Xeones returns to warn the Spartan people that the battle has been lost.
(c) Xeones is to tell the story of the Battle of Thermopylae.
(d) Xeones returns to avenge his people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mothax?
2. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
3. What does the Oracle tell the Spartans?
4. For what is Xeones punished after the battle at Antirhion?
5. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)