|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Antirhions lose the battle?
(a) They lack the advanced weaponry of the Spartans.
(b) They are far outnumbered by the Spartans.
(c) They allow fear to take control.
(d) There are traitors in the line.
2. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
(a) They ignore the speech.
(b) They politely leave the area to avoid overhearing.
(c) They rap their knuckles on the table.
(d) They join Polynikes in berating Alexandros.
3. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
(a) The Spartans sack the city-state.
(b) The Carthagians sack the city-state.
(c) The Argives sack the city-state.
(d) The Persians sack the city-state.
4. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans wrestle and run.
(b) Spartans love to fish.
(c) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
(d) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
5. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(b) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
(c) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
(d) He tells them to never surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
2. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
3. Why is Xerxes having trouble sleeping?
4. The three hundred and their allies are to be met by a thousand heavy infantry from Phokis and Lokris. What do they find instead?
5. What does the merchant's sign say?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)