|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Tommie.
(b) His name was Steve.
(c) His name was Ptammitechus.
(d) His name was Agamemnon.
2. Thermopylae is described as what?
(a) Thermopylae is described as a holy place, dedicated to the worship of the gods.
(b) Thermopylae is described as a place where travelers go to use the hot mineral baths.
(c) Thermopylae is described as a small fishing village where the Persians land their invasion force.
(d) Thermopylae is described as an ancient battle ground where many battles have taken place over the centuries.
3. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Mountain.
(b) He is called Rooster.
(c) He is called The Archer.
(d) He is called Pretty Boy.
4. What does the Oracle tell the Spartans?
(a) They will either lose a king, or the city will fall.
(b) They will not lose a single officer, and the city will stand.
(c) They will lose many soldiers, but they will win the fight.
(d) They will lose a king, and then the city will fall.
5. Why do the Lokrians not make the meeting?
(a) They got the time wrong, as the months have different names than in Sparta.
(b) They were already defeated.
(c) They turned to the Persian side.
(d) They were afraid of the Persians, and fled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two groups fight the first encounter?
2. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
3. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
4. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
5. How many children does Xeones father?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)