|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He takes the survivors as slaves.
(b) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
(c) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
(d) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
2. Who is Xerxes?
(a) He is the narrator of the story.
(b) He is the king of the Persian empire.
(c) He is a great hero of the Punic Wars.
(d) He is the king of the Spartan city-state.
3. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
(b) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
(c) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
(d) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
4. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are whipped with sticks.
(b) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
(c) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
(d) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
5. Why does Arete give Xeones coins?
(a) She gives him the money as a gift for his birthday.
(b) She is paying him for his service to her husband.
(c) She is bribing him to remain silent of what he saw when he caught her with Polynikes.
(d) She gives him the money to run away with and avoid death with the three hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Persian forces surround the Greeks?
2. What is Hermion's nickname?
3. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
4. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
5. What is the half helot's nickname?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)