|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
(a) Alexandros is Xeones' sparring partner.
(b) Rooster is Xeones' sparring partner.
(c) Polynikes is Xeones' sparring partner.
(d) Xerxes is Xeones' sparring partner.
2. According to Leonidas, how many men could the Persians mass behind the battle wall?
(a) The wall completely blocks off the pass.
(b) They could mass one thousand men at most.
(c) They could only mass twenty or thirty men.
(d) They could mass as many men as they care to.
3. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
(a) He is slain by the krypteia.
(b) He is absolved of his crime.
(c) He is exiled and sent to the Persians.
(d) He is beaten with wooden rods.
4. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
(a) It is mainly mercenaries hired from neighboring kingdoms.
(b) It is an unorganized rabble of bandits and highwaymen.
(c) It is mainly citizen soldiers.
(d) It is mainly well trained regulars, career soldiers.
5. What is othismos?
(a) Othismos is the euphoria that comes upon the victor after a battle.
(b) Othismos is a field near Sparta where the Spartan boys train.
(c) Othismos is the initial collision on the battlefield and the chaos that follows.
(d) Othismos is one of the ancient Spartan sacrificial rites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
2. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
3. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
4. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
5. What does Xerxes believe about Xeones' story?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)