|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
(a) He tells them that they should abandon the army and join the Persians, just like him.
(b) He tells them that they should desert and return home, because the Spartans would be overrun by the next day.
(c) He tells them to fight with valor, and die a warrior's death.
(d) He tells them that he knows of a way to get a dozen men to the tent of the Persian king.
2. Who does Diomache take with her?
(a) She takes the dog, Happy.
(b) She takes the old blind slave, Bruxieus.
(c) She takes the dog, Lucky.
(d) She doesn't take anyone.
3. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
(a) It is false.
(b) It contains much foul language.
(c) It is long and boring.
(d) It is difficult to understand.
4. How many Persians are in the advance force that takes Athens?
(a) There are twenty thousand.
(b) There are several thousand.
(c) There are fifty thousand men.
(d) There are only three hundred.
5. What is the standing order of Dienekes while on campaign?
(a) Dienekes is to be allowed to sleep until he wakes on his own.
(b) Dienekes is to be awakened two hours before sunrise.
(c) Dienekes is to be awakened about mid-day.
(d) Dienekes is to be awakened with the dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
2. Why do the Antirhions lose the battle?
3. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
4. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
5. Who is the half helot's father?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)