|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leonidas appear to Xerxes in his dream?
(a) Xerxes sees Leonidas as whole and alive once again.
(b) Xerxes sees Leonidas as he might have been as a child.
(c) Xerxes sees Leonidas beheaded, with his body nailed to a tree and his head impaled on a spike.
(d) Xerxes sees Leonidas as a vengeful spirit, ready to haunt Xerxes or eternity.
2. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are three thousand.
(b) There are three hundred.
(c) There are two million.
(d) There are twenty thousand.
3. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
(a) He says that all a man wants is wealth.
(b) He says that all a man wants is a good woman.
(c) He says that all a man wants is to live.
(d) He says that all a man wants is to die with honor.
4. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
(a) About four thousand were slain.
(b) No more than twenty thousand were slain.
(c) About twenty thousand were slain.
(d) No fewer than twenty thousand were slain.
5. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
(a) He beats the boy senseless.
(b) He puts the boy through a lengthy and humiliating training drill.
(c) He kindly shows the boy the proper way of handling the shield.
(d) He bans Alexandros from the practice fields for life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
2. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
3. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
4. Who is Diomache?
5. Who stands to defend Athens during the Persian attack?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)