|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Paraleio?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She is the mother of Alexandros.
(c) She is the cousin of Xeones.
(d) She is the wife of Xerxes.
2. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
(a) Rooster is not related to Dienekes.
(b) Rooster is his brother's bastard son.
(c) Rooster is his son.
(d) Rooster is his friend.
3. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
(a) He is depressed that he cannot fight with a spear.
(b) He prefers a death by freezing to the slow, painful death he will have due to his fever.
(c) He is depressed that his family is dead.
(d) He is depressed that his girlfriend broke up with him.
4. What two groups fight the first encounter?
(a) The Spartans fight the Egyptians.
(b) The Thespians fight the Armenians.
(c) The Thespians fight the Medes.
(d) The Spartans fight the Persians.
5. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
(a) He says that there are seven hundred.
(b) He says that there are several thousand.
(c) He says that there are twenty-five.
(d) He says that there are fourteen hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of an all-sire unit?
2. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
3. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
4. What is panoplia?
5. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians to do about the Persian invasion?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)