|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
(a) They send some men to sneak around and flank the enemy.
(b) They immediately retreat.
(c) They charge recklessly into the melee.
(d) They calmly go about getting ready for battle, and wait for the enemy.
2. Who does Xeones marry?
(a) He marries Agathe.
(b) He marries Diomache.
(c) He marries Thereia.
(d) He marries arete.
3. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
(a) He says that all a man wants is to die with honor.
(b) He says that all a man wants is a good woman.
(c) He says that all a man wants is wealth.
(d) He says that all a man wants is to live.
4. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
(a) Xeones is from in Astakos.
(b) Xeones is from a country farm in Akarnania, not a city-state.
(c) Xeones is from in Athens.
(d) Xeones is from in Sparta.
5. How does Leonidas appear to Xerxes in his dream?
(a) Xerxes sees Leonidas as a vengeful spirit, ready to haunt Xerxes or eternity.
(b) Xerxes sees Leonidas as he might have been as a child.
(c) Xerxes sees Leonidas beheaded, with his body nailed to a tree and his head impaled on a spike.
(d) Xerxes sees Leonidas as whole and alive once again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
2. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
3. Why do the Phokians miss the meeting?
4. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
5. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)