|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
(a) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one spear.
(b) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one horse.
(c) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one Darning Needle.
(d) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one helot.
2. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
(a) It helps to keep their minds occupied and off of the fact that only moments earlier they were slaughtering men like farmers reaping wheat.
(b) It is done to confuse the enemy.
(c) It is the Spartan law that the dead be counted in such a way.
(d) It is an ancient tradition that has been passed down for generations.
3. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
(a) He says that there are twenty-five.
(b) He says that there are fourteen hundred.
(c) He says that there are several thousand.
(d) He says that there are seven hundred.
4. How does Leonidas appear to Xerxes in his dream?
(a) Xerxes sees Leonidas as a vengeful spirit, ready to haunt Xerxes or eternity.
(b) Xerxes sees Leonidas as whole and alive once again.
(c) Xerxes sees Leonidas beheaded, with his body nailed to a tree and his head impaled on a spike.
(d) Xerxes sees Leonidas as he might have been as a child.
5. How many Persians are in the advance force that takes Athens?
(a) There are twenty thousand.
(b) There are several thousand.
(c) There are only three hundred.
(d) There are fifty thousand men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
2. Where is Rooster's mother's city?
3. Who stands to defend Athens during the Persian attack?
4. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
5. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)