|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
(b) They catch up to them at Rhion.
(c) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
(d) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
2. When does Darius of Persia die?
(a) He dies three years before the battle at Antirhion.
(b) He dies during the battle at Antirhion.
(c) He dies on the Ides of March.
(d) He dies three years after the battle at Antirhion.
3. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
(a) He became the squire of Dienekes.
(b) He becomes the squire of Olympieus.
(c) He becomes the squire of Xerxes.
(d) He becomes the squire of Leonidas.
4. What does Xerxes believe about Xeones' story?
(a) He believes it all to be lies.
(b) He finds it entertaining, but is unsure of its truth.
(c) He believes that it is true and pertinent to the war efforts.
(d) He believes it is true, but has no bearing on the battles ahead.
5. Why do the Lokrians not make the meeting?
(a) They got the time wrong, as the months have different names than in Sparta.
(b) They turned to the Persian side.
(c) They were already defeated.
(d) They were afraid of the Persians, and fled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
2. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
3. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
4. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
5. What is the half helot's nickname?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)