|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
(a) He grows bored with the work.
(b) He learns that Xerxes is going to kill him after he completes his story.
(c) He realizes that telling Xerxes of Spartan warfare is treason.
(d) He finds out about the mutilation of king Leonidas' body.
2. What obstacle separates the two sides of the battleground?
(a) A low stone wall bisects the field.
(b) A creek bisects the field.
(c) A palisade bisects the field.
(d) A swift river runs through the center of the field.
3. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
(a) He tells them that they should desert and return home, because the Spartans would be overrun by the next day.
(b) He tells them that they should abandon the army and join the Persians, just like him.
(c) He tells them to fight with valor, and die a warrior's death.
(d) He tells them that he knows of a way to get a dozen men to the tent of the Persian king.
4. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
5. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
(a) He wants to hear about Spartan life during times of peace.
(b) He wants to hear a tale of generals and kings.
(c) He wants to hear "the infantryman's tale".
(d) He wants to hear "A Tale of Two Cities".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two narrators of this story?
2. When does Darius of Persia die?
3. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
4. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
5. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)