|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
(a) He is depressed that he cannot fight with a spear.
(b) He prefers a death by freezing to the slow, painful death he will have due to his fever.
(c) He is depressed that his girlfriend broke up with him.
(d) He is depressed that his family is dead.
2. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
(a) He prefers to use a longbow.
(b) He prefers to use his spear, the Eight-footer.
(c) He prefers to use his two short swords.
(d) He prefers to use his short javelins, called Darning Needles.
3. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
(a) He tells Polynikes that he experienced a bloodlust during the battle.
(b) He tells Polynikes that he was amused by the ease with which they defeated the enemy.
(c) He tells Polynikes that the battle didn't effect him at all.
(d) He tells Polynikes that the battle made him sick.
4. Why do the Spartans decide to send only three hundred soldiers to Thermopylae?
(a) The Spartans do not feel that the Persians are a real threat to them, so three hundred should more than suffice.
(b) The three hundred is only the advance force meant to hold off the Persians long enough for the main force to arrive.
(c) A larger force would not have room to fight, and would cause supply problems.
(d) The Spartan senate refuses to send troops to Thermopylae, and the three hundred are the only volunteers.
5. What secret does Arete tell Xeones in Chapter 20?
(a) She tells him that she had been in love with Dienekes e since she was a young girl, even while married to his brother.
(b) She tells him that the son of Rooster really was Dienekes' child.
(c) She tells him that she has been in love with him for years.
(d) She tells him that she has been having an affair with Leonidas for years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
2. What obstacle separates the two sides of the battleground?
3. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
4. Why do the Lokrians not make the meeting?
5. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)