|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
(a) He is stealing the child so that he can kill him.
(b) He wants to have a look at the child.
(c) He is taking the child to protect him from the others.
(d) He is inspecting the child to see if he will be allowed to live.
2. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called The Oak.
(b) It is called sparring.
(c) It is called The Breaking.
(d) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
3. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
(a) He is fifteen and she is twelve.
(b) He is nine and she is twelve.
(c) He is twelve and she is fifteen.
(d) He is twelve and she is nine.
4. How does Rooster originally feel about Alexandros?
(a) He loves Alexandros as his own brother, and would allow no harm to come to him.
(b) He feels that Alexandros is a good friend who will always be loyal to him.
(c) He feels that Alexandros is far braver than he will ever be.
(d) He feels that he is braver and a better warrior than Alexandros, and he hates him.
5. Why does Artemisia tell Xerxes that he cannot leave the field of battle?
(a) She tells him that if he leaves after the Oracle spoke to the Spartans, that all of Greece would say that he was running from a dream.
(b) The Persians have no hope of taking Greece without their king.
(c) If Xerxes leaves his army in the hands of a general, the general might return victorious from Greece only to take over the empire for himself.
(d) She tells Xerxes that by returning to Persia, he would be missing a grand show in the defeat of the Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Spartans view war?
2. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
3. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
4. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
5. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)