|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
(a) They are captured and sold into slavery.
(b) They also escape, but are separated and spend years searching for him.
(c) They escape with him.
(d) They are killed trying to defend their home.
2. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
(a) They join Polynikes in berating Alexandros.
(b) They rap their knuckles on the table.
(c) They politely leave the area to avoid overhearing.
(d) They ignore the speech.
3. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
(b) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
(c) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
(d) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
4. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Hermion dies on the final night.
(b) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(c) Rooster dies on the final night.
(d) Dekton dies on the final night.
5. When does Darius of Persia die?
(a) He dies three years after the battle at Antirhion.
(b) He dies during the battle at Antirhion.
(c) He dies three years before the battle at Antirhion.
(d) He dies on the Ides of March.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
2. What is othismos?
3. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
4. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
5. How does Leonidas appear to Xerxes in his dream?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)