|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
(b) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
(c) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
(d) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
2. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
(b) He is given an elixir of immortality.
(c) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
(d) Apollo returns him to life.
3. According to Xerxes, what is the greatest desire of Xeones?
(a) His greatest desire is to rejoin his brothers in arms beneath the earth in death.
(b) He only wants to kill Xerxes, even at the cost of his own life.
(c) His top priority is to escape Xerxes and return to Sparta with the intelligence that he has picked up in the Persian camp.
(d) His desire to tell the story is greater than any other.
4. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Mountain.
(b) He is called Rooster.
(c) He is called Pretty Boy.
(d) He is called The Archer.
5. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Rooster is his squire.
(b) Alexandros is his squire.
(c) Xeones is his squire.
(d) Suicide is his squire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When king Leonidas gives his speech on the night of the arrival of the Persian force, to whom is he speaking?
2. When does Darius of Persia die?
3. What drives Polynikes according to Dienekes?
4. Why does Leonidas include inexperienced soldiers in the three hundred?
5. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)