|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes an archer.
(b) He becomes a general.
(c) He becomes a swordsman.
(d) He becomes a spearman.
2. What is mothax?
(a) It is freedom from taxes.
(b) It is the highest title of honor for Spartans.
(c) It is a golden metal awarded for valor.
(d) It is the grade of warrior youths somewhere between full citizen and helot.
3. Why does Artemisia tell Xerxes that he cannot leave the field of battle?
(a) She tells Xerxes that by returning to Persia, he would be missing a grand show in the defeat of the Greeks.
(b) The Persians have no hope of taking Greece without their king.
(c) She tells him that if he leaves after the Oracle spoke to the Spartans, that all of Greece would say that he was running from a dream.
(d) If Xerxes leaves his army in the hands of a general, the general might return victorious from Greece only to take over the empire for himself.
4. Where is Rooster's mother's city?
(a) His mother's city is Messenia.
(b) His mother's city is Antirhion.
(c) His mother's city is Athens.
(d) His mother's city is Sparta.
5. Who does Xeones marry?
(a) He marries arete.
(b) He marries Thereia.
(c) He marries Diomache.
(d) He marries Agathe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
2. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
3. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
4. What do the Athenians call the high part of the city?
5. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)