|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
(a) Xeones tries to stop him.
(b) Polynikes tries to stop him.
(c) Leonidas tries to stop him.
(d) His mother tries to stop him.
2. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(b) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
3. Who is the half helot's father?
(a) His father is a farmer.
(b) His father is a member of the council.
(c) His father had been a Spartan soldier.
(d) His father is king Leonidas.
4. Who vouches for Xeones that he did not overhear details of the raid from the surgeons?
(a) Orontes, captain of the Immortals informs the king that Xeones was never once left alone with them.
(b) Mardonius speaks up for Xeones' honor.
(c) King Xerxes trusts Xeones, and declares his words true.
(d) Artemisia tells the king that the surgeons would not have known of such an attack.
5. Who does Xeones list off as some of the members of the tent raiding party?
(a) He lists Alexandros, Polynikes, Dienekes, and himself.
(b) He lists Alexandros, Polynikes, Rooster, and himself.
(c) He lists Alexandros, Orontes, Ephesus, and himself.
(d) He lists Alexandros, Dienekes, Orontes, and himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
2. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
3. What is the purpose of the speech Leonidas gives after this battle?
4. If the krypteia have their way, how is Rooster to be punished for rejecting the offer?
5. Who does Diomache take with her?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)