|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
(a) He tells it to Lady Arete.
(b) He tells it to Xerxes.
(c) He tells it to Leonidas.
(d) He tells it to a scribe.
2. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at Rhion.
(b) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
(c) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
(d) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
3. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
(a) She has a large scar on her face.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She was raped.
(d) She is too old.
4. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
(b) He is trying to steal a goose.
(c) He is trying to steal a chicken.
(d) He is trying to steal a horse.
5. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
(a) No fewer than twenty thousand were slain.
(b) About twenty thousand were slain.
(c) About four thousand were slain.
(d) No more than twenty thousand were slain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
2. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
3. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
4. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
5. How does Rooster originally feel about Alexandros?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)