|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is oktonyktia?
(a) It is the lake near Sparta.
(b) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(c) It is an eight-night training exercise.
(d) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
2. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
(a) He tells Polynikes that he was amused by the ease with which they defeated the enemy.
(b) He tells Polynikes that he experienced a bloodlust during the battle.
(c) He tells Polynikes that the battle made him sick.
(d) He tells Polynikes that the battle didn't effect him at all.
3. When does Darius of Persia die?
(a) He dies three years before the battle at Antirhion.
(b) He dies during the battle at Antirhion.
(c) He dies three years after the battle at Antirhion.
(d) He dies on the Ides of March.
4. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a spearman.
(b) He becomes a general.
(c) He becomes an archer.
(d) He becomes a swordsman.
5. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them to never surrender.
(b) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(c) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
(d) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
2. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
3. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
4. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
5. What can Xeones see toward the middle gate?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)