|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
(a) He is twelve and she is nine.
(b) He is twelve and she is fifteen.
(c) He is fifteen and she is twelve.
(d) He is nine and she is twelve.
2. The three hundred and their allies are to be met by a thousand heavy infantry from Phokis and Lokris. What do they find instead?
(a) They find only half of the troop they were expecting.
(b) They find the area abandoned with the exception of a few local people.
(c) They find the Persians waiting there for them.
(d) They find the Egyptian Tommie.
3. When king Leonidas gives his speech on the night of the arrival of the Persian force, to whom is he speaking?
(a) He is speaking to the entire combined forces.
(b) He is speaking to the allied officers.
(c) He is speaking to the Spartan officers.
(d) He is speaking to all of the allied officers and the Spartan officers.
4. What oath does Arete swear to Xeones?
(a) She swears that his cousin will hear of his honor in battle and where his body lies.
(b) She swears to never tell about his secret love.
(c) She swears to befriend his cousin Diomache and keep her company.
(d) She swears to help take care of his son after he is gone.
5. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
(a) They escape with him.
(b) They are killed trying to defend their home.
(c) They also escape, but are separated and spend years searching for him.
(d) They are captured and sold into slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
2. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
3. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
4. By what other name is Sparta called?
5. Why do the Spartans decide to send only three hundred soldiers to Thermopylae?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)