|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
(a) He is depressed that his girlfriend broke up with him.
(b) He is depressed that his family is dead.
(c) He is depressed that he cannot fight with a spear.
(d) He prefers a death by freezing to the slow, painful death he will have due to his fever.
2. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
(a) Twenty Peers come for him.
(b) Polynikes and four assassins of the krypteia came for him.
(c) No one comes for him.
(d) The royal guard came for him.
3. What is othismos?
(a) Othismos is the euphoria that comes upon the victor after a battle.
(b) Othismos is the initial collision on the battlefield and the chaos that follows.
(c) Othismos is a field near Sparta where the Spartan boys train.
(d) Othismos is one of the ancient Spartan sacrificial rites.
4. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
(a) The Thespians were the first to arrive.
(b) The Spartan heavy infantry were first to arrive.
(c) The Spartan Rangers were first to arrive.
(d) The Persians were the first to arrive.
5. Who makes up the only father-son pair in the three hundred?
(a) Medan and Xeones are the only father-son pair.
(b) Olympieus and Alexandros are the only father-son pair.
(c) Dienekes and Rooster are the only father-son pair.
(d) Leonidas and Karneius are the only father-son pair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
2. What does the Oracle tell the Spartans?
3. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
4. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
5. Who does Xeones list off as some of the members of the tent raiding party?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)