|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Phokians miss the meeting?
(a) They have all been slain by the Persians.
(b) They go over to the Persian side.
(c) They are attacked and must remain to defend their city.
(d) They are nearly overrun by the Persians, so they flee.
2. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
(a) They take the ferry.
(b) They hire a boat.
(c) They swim.
(d) They go around.
3. How does Rooster originally feel about Alexandros?
(a) He feels that Alexandros is far braver than he will ever be.
(b) He loves Alexandros as his own brother, and would allow no harm to come to him.
(c) He feels that he is braver and a better warrior than Alexandros, and he hates him.
(d) He feels that Alexandros is a good friend who will always be loyal to him.
4. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it phobologiea.
(b) They call it the void.
(c) They call it aphobia.
(d) They call it phobology.
5. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
(a) They shout insults at the Persians.
(b) They surrender to the Persians.
(c) They attack the Persians.
(d) They run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonidas say is the tell-all when battle comes?
2. How many children does Xeones father?
3. Why do the Lokrians not make the meeting?
4. What can Xeones see toward the middle gate?
5. How are Spartan boys punished?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)