|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Rooster.
(b) He is called Mountain.
(c) He is called The Archer.
(d) He is called Pretty Boy.
2. Why is Xerxes having trouble sleeping?
(a) He is being plagued by nightmares and guilt over the desecration of Leonidas' body.
(b) He cannot sleep after the slaughter of battle.
(c) He has contracted a terrible illness from one of the injured soldiers.
(d) He has dysentery.
3. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She was raped.
(c) She has a large scar on her face.
(d) She is ugly.
4. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
(a) She kidnaps the child and flees Sparta.
(b) She pays bribes to them to allow the child to go.
(c) She and her husband swear that the child is his, and not Rooster's.
(d) She convinces them that whatever the father might have done, it is no fault of the child's.
5. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it phobologiea.
(b) They call it the void.
(c) They call it aphobia.
(d) They call it phobology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing that Xerxes says to Xeones as Chapter 19 closes?
2. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
3. Who is the half helot's father?
4. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
5. What do the Athenians call the high part of the city?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)