|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
(b) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
(c) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
(d) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
2. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
(a) He has three daughters.
(b) He has twin sons and then a daughter.
(c) He has twin sons.
(d) He has a son and a daughter who are twins.
3. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
(a) He tells them to go to Athens.
(b) He tells them to go to Rome.
(c) He tells them to go to Thessaly.
(d) He tells them to go to Sparta.
4. How do the Spartans count their dead?
(a) They stand in formation and count off.
(b) The senior surviving officer calls out the names of the soldiers, and who ever doesn't answer is counted as dead.
(c) They walk the field of battle and count the dead.
(d) They each have half of a twig with their names on them, and the other half is in a basket. After the battle, they all match their halves to the others in the basket and count the remaining twigs.
5. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
(b) He is given an elixir of immortality.
(c) Apollo returns him to life.
(d) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Xeones punished after the battle at Antirhion?
2. How does Polynikes react to Alexandros' answer?
3. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
4. When king Leonidas gives his speech on the night of the arrival of the Persian force, to whom is he speaking?
5. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)