|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
(a) He tells the Egyptian that the only free men are dead men.
(b) He tells the Egyptian that freedom is a state of mind.
(c) He tells the Egyptian that freedom must be bought with steel, not gold.
(d) He tells the Egyptian that it is better to live as a slave than to die free.
2. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Agamemnon.
(b) His name was Tommie.
(c) His name was Steve.
(d) His name was Ptammitechus.
3. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
(b) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
(c) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
(d) They are whipped with sticks.
4. Why do the Antirhions lose the battle?
(a) There are traitors in the line.
(b) They allow fear to take control.
(c) They lack the advanced weaponry of the Spartans.
(d) They are far outnumbered by the Spartans.
5. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
(a) He tells Polynikes that he experienced a bloodlust during the battle.
(b) He tells Polynikes that the battle didn't effect him at all.
(c) He tells Polynikes that he was amused by the ease with which they defeated the enemy.
(d) He tells Polynikes that the battle made him sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
2. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
3. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
4. What is panoplia?
5. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)