|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
2. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
(a) She is asking about Xerxes.
(b) She is asking about Rooster.
(c) She is asking about Xeones.
(d) She is asking about Leonidas.
3. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
(a) He feels that it is reckless.
(b) He feels like Alexandros should just mind his own business.
(c) He admires Alexandros' courage.
(d) He does not care.
4. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
(b) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
(c) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
(d) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
5. What is panoplia?
(a) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(b) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(c) It is the lake near Sparta.
(d) It is an eight night training exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
2. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
3. Who are the two narrators of this story?
4. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
5. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)