|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
(a) He becomes the squire of Olympieus.
(b) He became the squire of Dienekes.
(c) He becomes the squire of Xerxes.
(d) He becomes the squire of Leonidas.
2. Where is Rooster's mother's city?
(a) His mother's city is Sparta.
(b) His mother's city is Athens.
(c) His mother's city is Antirhion.
(d) His mother's city is Messenia.
3. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
(b) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
(c) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(d) He tells them to never surrender.
4. What causes Xeones to continue the story?
(a) Dmaratos, a cruel Persian soldier, threatened to beat him if he did not continue.
(b) Xeones decides to finish the story.
(c) Xerxes told him that he would kill him if he did not continue.
(d) Dmaratos, a deposed Spartan king, reminds him of his duty to Apollo.
5. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
(a) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one spear.
(b) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one Darning Needle.
(c) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one helot.
(d) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
2. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
3. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
4. Who is Diomache?
5. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)