|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
(a) She is asking about Xerxes.
(b) She is asking about Rooster.
(c) She is asking about Xeones.
(d) She is asking about Leonidas.
2. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a general.
(b) He becomes an archer.
(c) He becomes a spearman.
(d) He becomes a swordsman.
3. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
(b) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
(c) They catch up to them at Rhion.
(d) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
4. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
(a) His name is Dekton.
(b) His name is Polynikes.
(c) His name is Paraleio.
(d) His name is Alexandros.
5. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it phobologiea.
(b) They call it phobology.
(c) They call it aphobia.
(d) They call it the void.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
2. Who is Xerxes?
3. How do the Spartans count their dead?
4. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
5. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)