|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(b) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(c) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(d) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
2. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) Apollo returns him to life.
(b) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
(c) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
(d) He is given an elixir of immortality.
3. What is oktonyktia?
(a) It is an eight-night training exercise.
(b) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(c) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(d) It is the lake near Sparta.
4. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
(a) He is nine and she is twelve.
(b) He is twelve and she is nine.
(c) He is twelve and she is fifteen.
(d) He is fifteen and she is twelve.
5. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(b) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
(c) They are raised according to Bushido.
(d) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
2. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
3. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
4. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
5. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)