|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
(b) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
(c) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
(d) They catch up to them at Rhion.
2. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
(a) They fight the Persian army.
(b) They fight the army of Athens.
(c) They fight the Antirhion army.
(d) They fight the Agrives.
3. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
(a) He is twelve.
(b) He is eighteen.
(c) He is nine.
(d) He is in his middle teens.
4. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Pretty Boy.
(b) He is called Mountain.
(c) He is called Rooster.
(d) He is called The Archer.
5. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
(b) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
(c) He tells them to never surrender.
(d) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
2. What does agoge boua mean?
3. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
4. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
5. What obstacle separates the two sides of the battleground?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)