|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
(a) The Persians were the first to arrive.
(b) The Spartan Rangers were first to arrive.
(c) The Spartan heavy infantry were first to arrive.
(d) The Thespians were the first to arrive.
2. Thermopylae is described as what?
(a) Thermopylae is described as a holy place, dedicated to the worship of the gods.
(b) Thermopylae is described as a place where travelers go to use the hot mineral baths.
(c) Thermopylae is described as a small fishing village where the Persians land their invasion force.
(d) Thermopylae is described as an ancient battle ground where many battles have taken place over the centuries.
3. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(b) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(c) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(d) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
4. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) He is given an elixir of immortality.
(b) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
(c) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
(d) Apollo returns him to life.
5. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means honorable death.
(b) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
(c) Agoge boua means battle rage.
(d) Agoge boua means training platoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
2. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
3. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
4. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
5. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)