|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
(a) His name is Polynikes.
(b) His name is Dekton.
(c) His name is Alexandros.
(d) His name is Paraleio.
2. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
(a) It is Greek for "hot springs".
(b) It is Egyptian profanity.
(c) It is Greek for "hot gates".
(d) It is Greek for "spa".
3. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Rooster is his squire.
(b) Alexandros is his squire.
(c) Suicide is his squire.
(d) Xeones is his squire.
4. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
(a) They rap their knuckles on the table.
(b) They ignore the speech.
(c) They politely leave the area to avoid overhearing.
(d) They join Polynikes in berating Alexandros.
5. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
(a) He becomes the squire of Leonidas.
(b) He becomes the squire of Olympieus.
(c) He became the squire of Dienekes.
(d) He becomes the squire of Xerxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Spartans view war?
2. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
3. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
4. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
5. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)