|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Xeones to continue the story?
(a) Dmaratos, a cruel Persian soldier, threatened to beat him if he did not continue.
(b) Xeones decides to finish the story.
(c) Dmaratos, a deposed Spartan king, reminds him of his duty to Apollo.
(d) Xerxes told him that he would kill him if he did not continue.
2. Why does Polynikes feel that Spartans are superior to any other people?
(a) He feels that the gods show more favor to the Spartans than to anyone else.
(b) He says that the Spartans are far more intelligent than anyone else.
(c) He feels that all men are equal.
(d) He says that they are better because of war and manly valor.
3. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
(a) They escape with him.
(b) They are captured and sold into slavery.
(c) They are killed trying to defend their home.
(d) They also escape, but are separated and spend years searching for him.
4. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
(b) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
(c) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
(d) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
5. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at about two million men.
(b) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(c) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(d) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rooster's mother's city?
2. Who are the two narrators of this story?
3. How does Polynikes react to Alexandros' answer?
4. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
5. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)