|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
(b) It is called The Breaking.
(c) It is called sparring.
(d) It is called The Oak.
2. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
(a) He says that there are twenty-five.
(b) He says that there are seven hundred.
(c) He says that there are several thousand.
(d) He says that there are fourteen hundred.
3. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
(a) He feels that it is reckless.
(b) He feels like Alexandros should just mind his own business.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He admires Alexandros' courage.
4. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
(a) The king commands from the back of the army where it is safer.
(b) The king remains at the front of the lines, where he can be a part of the action at all times.
(c) The king usually stays at the center of his army, so that his men surround him at all times.
(d) The king does not go with his army, but sends a general in his stead.
5. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(c) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(d) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thermopylae is described as what?
2. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
3. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
4. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
5. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)