|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
(a) Men who make their business warfare rather than farming perform better on the field.
(b) War is, unfortunately, unavoidable.
(c) War is a great and glorious undertaking.
(d) War is a bloody business, and not for the faint of heart.
2. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
(b) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
(c) They are whipped with sticks.
(d) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
3. What obstacle separates the two sides of the battleground?
(a) A low stone wall bisects the field.
(b) A swift river runs through the center of the field.
(c) A creek bisects the field.
(d) A palisade bisects the field.
4. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(b) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(c) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(d) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
5. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Spartans view war?
2. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
3. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
4. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
5. Who are the two narrators of this story?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)