|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(b) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(c) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(d) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
2. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(b) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
3. What is panoplia?
(a) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(b) It is the lake near Sparta.
(c) It is an eight night training exercise.
(d) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
4. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a swordsman.
(b) He becomes an archer.
(c) He becomes a spearman.
(d) He becomes a general.
5. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
(a) The king remains at the front of the lines, where he can be a part of the action at all times.
(b) The king does not go with his army, but sends a general in his stead.
(c) The king commands from the back of the army where it is safer.
(d) The king usually stays at the center of his army, so that his men surround him at all times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
2. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
3. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
4. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
5. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)