|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
(a) He tells the Egyptian that freedom is a state of mind.
(b) He tells the Egyptian that freedom must be bought with steel, not gold.
(c) He tells the Egyptian that it is better to live as a slave than to die free.
(d) He tells the Egyptian that the only free men are dead men.
2. What is the half helot's nickname?
(a) His nickname is Rooster.
(b) His nickname is Suicide.
(c) His nickname is Dog.
(d) His nickname is Bob.
3. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Alexandros is his squire.
(b) Xeones is his squire.
(c) Suicide is his squire.
(d) Rooster is his squire.
4. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
(a) The king usually stays at the center of his army, so that his men surround him at all times.
(b) The king does not go with his army, but sends a general in his stead.
(c) The king remains at the front of the lines, where he can be a part of the action at all times.
(d) The king commands from the back of the army where it is safer.
5. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
(a) He is twelve.
(b) He is nine.
(c) He is in his middle teens.
(d) He is eighteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
2. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
3. Who is Xerxes?
4. Who is Suicide?
5. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)