|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
(a) It is long and boring.
(b) It is false.
(c) It is difficult to understand.
(d) It contains much foul language.
2. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
(b) He is trying to steal a horse.
(c) He is trying to steal a chicken.
(d) He is trying to steal a goose.
3. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
(a) His name is Alexandros.
(b) His name is Polynikes.
(c) His name is Dekton.
(d) His name is Paraleio.
4. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
5. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(b) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
(c) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(d) They are raised according to Bushido.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
2. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
3. Who is the half helot's father?
4. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
5. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)