|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
(a) He is nine.
(b) He is in his middle teens.
(c) He is twelve.
(d) He is eighteen.
2. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(b) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
(c) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
(d) He tells them to never surrender.
3. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Xeones is his squire.
(b) Alexandros is his squire.
(c) Rooster is his squire.
(d) Suicide is his squire.
4. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
(a) Men who make their business warfare rather than farming perform better on the field.
(b) War is, unfortunately, unavoidable.
(c) War is a bloody business, and not for the faint of heart.
(d) War is a great and glorious undertaking.
5. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
(b) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
(c) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
(d) He takes the survivors as slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does agoge boua mean?
2. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
3. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
4. What is panoplia?
5. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)