|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
(a) He becomes the squire of Xerxes.
(b) He became the squire of Dienekes.
(c) He becomes the squire of Leonidas.
(d) He becomes the squire of Olympieus.
2. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
(a) Rooster is Xeones' sparring partner.
(b) Alexandros is Xeones' sparring partner.
(c) Xerxes is Xeones' sparring partner.
(d) Polynikes is Xeones' sparring partner.
3. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
(a) He tells the Egyptian that it is better to live as a slave than to die free.
(b) He tells the Egyptian that freedom is a state of mind.
(c) He tells the Egyptian that freedom must be bought with steel, not gold.
(d) He tells the Egyptian that the only free men are dead men.
4. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
(a) It helps to keep their minds occupied and off of the fact that only moments earlier they were slaughtering men like farmers reaping wheat.
(b) It is the Spartan law that the dead be counted in such a way.
(c) It is done to confuse the enemy.
(d) It is an ancient tradition that has been passed down for generations.
5. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
(a) He describes him as a great hero.
(b) He describes him as a silly old man, full of outdated ideas.
(c) He describes him as a warrior over forty-years-old who carries wounds from many battles.
(d) He describes him as a young warrior, inexperienced in battle, but fierce and strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Antirhions lose the battle?
2. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
3. How do the Spartans view war?
4. What is exoterike harmoniea?
5. Thermopylae is described as what?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)