|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
(a) His mother tries to stop him.
(b) Polynikes tries to stop him.
(c) Leonidas tries to stop him.
(d) Xeones tries to stop him.
2. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
(a) He feels that it is reckless.
(b) He admires Alexandros' courage.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He feels like Alexandros should just mind his own business.
3. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
(a) He learns that Xerxes is going to kill him after he completes his story.
(b) He grows bored with the work.
(c) He realizes that telling Xerxes of Spartan warfare is treason.
(d) He finds out about the mutilation of king Leonidas' body.
4. What punishment do Alexandros and Xeones receive?
(a) They are whipped.
(b) They are heavily lectured on responsibility, but otherwise let off the hook.
(c) They are locked in a small cell.
(d) They are given extra labor.
5. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
(a) He kindly shows the boy the proper way of handling the shield.
(b) He beats the boy senseless.
(c) He bans Alexandros from the practice fields for life.
(d) He puts the boy through a lengthy and humiliating training drill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
2. Who is Diomache?
3. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
4. What is Hermion's nickname?
5. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)