|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
(b) Spartans love to fish.
(c) Spartans wrestle and run.
(d) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
2. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(b) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
3. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
(a) They also escape, but are separated and spend years searching for him.
(b) They escape with him.
(c) They are captured and sold into slavery.
(d) They are killed trying to defend their home.
4. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them to never surrender.
(b) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(c) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
(d) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
5. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a spearman.
(b) He becomes a swordsman.
(c) He becomes a general.
(d) He becomes an archer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Spartan boys punished?
2. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
3. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
4. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
5. What is panoplia?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)