|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
(b) He is trying to steal a goose.
(c) He is trying to steal a chicken.
(d) He is trying to steal a horse.
2. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
(b) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
(c) They catch up to them at Rhion.
(d) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
3. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
(b) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
(c) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
(d) They are designed as a way to pass time.
4. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(b) They are raised according to Bushido.
(c) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
(d) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
5. What is the half helot's nickname?
(a) His nickname is Bob.
(b) His nickname is Dog.
(c) His nickname is Suicide.
(d) His nickname is Rooster.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
2. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
3. Who is Suicide?
4. Who is Paraleio?
5. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)