|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the half helot's nickname?
(a) His nickname is Bob.
(b) His nickname is Rooster.
(c) His nickname is Dog.
(d) His nickname is Suicide.
2. Who is Diomache?
(a) Diomache is the wife of Leonidas.
(b) Diomache is the concubine of Xerxes.
(c) Diomache is the cousin of Xeones.
(d) Diomache is one of the three Fates of Greek mythology.
3. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
(b) It is called The Oak.
(c) It is called sparring.
(d) It is called The Breaking.
4. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
(a) It is mainly citizen soldiers.
(b) It is mainly well trained regulars, career soldiers.
(c) It is an unorganized rabble of bandits and highwaymen.
(d) It is mainly mercenaries hired from neighboring kingdoms.
5. How does Polynikes react to Alexandros' answer?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is angered.
(d) He is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
2. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
3. Why does Polynikes feel that Spartans are superior to any other people?
4. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
5. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)