|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
(a) He tells Polynikes that the battle made him sick.
(b) He tells Polynikes that he was amused by the ease with which they defeated the enemy.
(c) He tells Polynikes that he experienced a bloodlust during the battle.
(d) He tells Polynikes that the battle didn't effect him at all.
2. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
(a) They fight the Persian army.
(b) They fight the army of Athens.
(c) They fight the Agrives.
(d) They fight the Antirhion army.
3. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
(a) They go around.
(b) They swim.
(c) They take the ferry.
(d) They hire a boat.
4. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
(a) She is asking about Leonidas.
(b) She is asking about Xerxes.
(c) She is asking about Rooster.
(d) She is asking about Xeones.
5. What does Dienekes tell Alexandros after Polynikes' lecture?
(a) He tells the boy that he will never amount to anything.
(b) He tells the boy that Polynikes is just full of hot air.
(c) He tells the boy that he will eventually outrank Polynikes anyways.
(d) He tells the boy that someday he'll be able to dish it right back in Polynikes' face.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
2. What is the half helot's nickname?
3. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
4. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
5. How do the Spartans view war?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)