|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
(a) He becomes the squire of Xerxes.
(b) He became the squire of Dienekes.
(c) He becomes the squire of Olympieus.
(d) He becomes the squire of Leonidas.
2. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
(a) He tells them to go to Thessaly.
(b) He tells them to go to Sparta.
(c) He tells them to go to Athens.
(d) He tells them to go to Rome.
3. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
(a) He prefers a death by freezing to the slow, painful death he will have due to his fever.
(b) He is depressed that his girlfriend broke up with him.
(c) He is depressed that his family is dead.
(d) He is depressed that he cannot fight with a spear.
4. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
(a) Men who make their business warfare rather than farming perform better on the field.
(b) War is a bloody business, and not for the faint of heart.
(c) War is a great and glorious undertaking.
(d) War is, unfortunately, unavoidable.
5. For what is Xeones punished after the battle at Antirhion?
(a) He is punished for following the army.
(b) He is punished for not reporting in a timely fashion.
(c) He is punished for his recklessness on the field of battle.
(d) He is punished for mouthing off to a superior officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
2. What is panoplia?
3. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
4. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
5. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)