|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
(a) Due to the violent nature of his death, the spirit of Xeones can not pass on to the world of the dead.
(b) Xeones returns to warn the Spartan people that the battle has been lost.
(c) Xeones returns to avenge his people.
(d) Xeones is to tell the story of the Battle of Thermopylae.
2. Who is Xerxes?
(a) He is the king of the Spartan city-state.
(b) He is a great hero of the Punic Wars.
(c) He is the narrator of the story.
(d) He is the king of the Persian empire.
3. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a spearman.
(b) He becomes a swordsman.
(c) He becomes a general.
(d) He becomes an archer.
4. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
(a) He is made to pay for what he stole.
(b) The farmers cut off his right hand.
(c) The farmers drive nails through his hands.
(d) The farmers beat him severely.
5. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
(a) He wants to hear a tale of generals and kings.
(b) He wants to hear "the infantryman's tale".
(c) He wants to hear "A Tale of Two Cities".
(d) He wants to hear about Spartan life during times of peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
2. Who is Dienekes' squire?
3. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
4. Thermopylae is described as what?
5. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)