|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
(a) He tells it to a scribe.
(b) He tells it to Xerxes.
(c) He tells it to Lady Arete.
(d) He tells it to Leonidas.
2. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
(a) It is the Spartan law that the dead be counted in such a way.
(b) It is an ancient tradition that has been passed down for generations.
(c) It helps to keep their minds occupied and off of the fact that only moments earlier they were slaughtering men like farmers reaping wheat.
(d) It is done to confuse the enemy.
3. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
(a) It is Egyptian profanity.
(b) It is Greek for "hot springs".
(c) It is Greek for "hot gates".
(d) It is Greek for "spa".
4. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
(a) It is an unorganized rabble of bandits and highwaymen.
(b) It is mainly well trained regulars, career soldiers.
(c) It is mainly mercenaries hired from neighboring kingdoms.
(d) It is mainly citizen soldiers.
5. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them to never surrender.
(b) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(c) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
(d) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
2. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
3. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
4. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
5. Who is Suicide?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)