|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called sparring.
(b) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
(c) It is called The Oak.
(d) It is called The Breaking.
2. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
(a) She has a large scar on her face.
(b) She is too old.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She was raped.
3. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
(a) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one Darning Needle.
(b) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one horse.
(c) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one helot.
(d) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one spear.
4. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(b) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
5. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
(a) The farmers drive nails through his hands.
(b) The farmers cut off his right hand.
(c) He is made to pay for what he stole.
(d) The farmers beat him severely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
2. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
3. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
4. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
5. What is othismos?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)