|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Hermion dies on the final night.
(b) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(c) Dekton dies on the final night.
(d) Rooster dies on the final night.
2. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
(a) They sing the Spartan anthem.
(b) They sing the hymn to Castor.
(c) They sing praises to the god Apollo.
(d) They sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
3. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
(a) The Spartan Rangers were first to arrive.
(b) The Thespians were the first to arrive.
(c) The Spartan heavy infantry were first to arrive.
(d) The Persians were the first to arrive.
4. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(b) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(c) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(d) He numbers it at about two million men.
5. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
(a) About twenty thousand were slain.
(b) About four thousand were slain.
(c) No fewer than twenty thousand were slain.
(d) No more than twenty thousand were slain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Spartan boys punished?
2. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
3. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
4. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
5. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)