|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
2. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
(a) The dogs are Bruno and Flanx.
(b) The dogs are Happy and Lucky.
(c) The dogs are Leonidas and Xerxes.
(d) The dogs are Lucky and Bruno.
3. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(c) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(d) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
4. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
(b) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
(c) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
(d) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
5. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Rooster dies on the final night.
(b) Dekton dies on the final night.
(c) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(d) Hermion dies on the final night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
2. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
3. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
4. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
5. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)