|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She has a large scar on her face.
(c) She was raped.
(d) She is too old.
2. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal a chicken.
(b) He is trying to steal a goose.
(c) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
(d) He is trying to steal a horse.
3. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
(a) It is difficult to understand.
(b) It contains much foul language.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is long and boring.
4. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(b) He tells them to never surrender.
(c) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
(d) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
5. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
(a) He tells the Egyptian that it is better to live as a slave than to die free.
(b) He tells the Egyptian that the only free men are dead men.
(c) He tells the Egyptian that freedom must be bought with steel, not gold.
(d) He tells the Egyptian that freedom is a state of mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
2. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
3. What is panoplia?
4. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
5. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)