|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
(a) They also escape, but are separated and spend years searching for him.
(b) They are killed trying to defend their home.
(c) They escape with him.
(d) They are captured and sold into slavery.
2. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
3. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
(b) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
(c) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
(d) They catch up to them at Rhion.
4. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
(a) He tells the Egyptian that freedom is a state of mind.
(b) He tells the Egyptian that freedom must be bought with steel, not gold.
(c) He tells the Egyptian that it is better to live as a slave than to die free.
(d) He tells the Egyptian that the only free men are dead men.
5. Who are the two narrators of this story?
(a) Ball Player and Rooster are the narrators.
(b) Xerxes and Leonidas are the narrators.
(c) There is only one narrator, Xeones.
(d) The scribe and Xeones are the narrators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
2. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
3. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
4. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
5. What does agoge boua mean?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)