|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at Rhion.
(b) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
(c) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
(d) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
2. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans wrestle and run.
(b) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
(c) Spartans love to fish.
(d) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
3. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
(a) It is Greek for "hot springs".
(b) It is Greek for "hot gates".
(c) It is Egyptian profanity.
(d) It is Greek for "spa".
4. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
(a) He storms off the practice field in disgust.
(b) He sends everyone home for the day.
(c) He reports the boy's failure to his superiors.
(d) He puts all of the boys through the standard shield handling drills.
5. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
(a) The farmers drive nails through his hands.
(b) The farmers beat him severely.
(c) The farmers cut off his right hand.
(d) He is made to pay for what he stole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Spartans view war?
2. Who is Xerxes?
3. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
4. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
5. What does agoge boua mean?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)