|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
(b) He is given an elixir of immortality.
(c) Apollo returns him to life.
(d) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
2. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at about two million men.
(b) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(c) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(d) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
3. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
(a) He wants to hear about Spartan life during times of peace.
(b) He wants to hear a tale of generals and kings.
(c) He wants to hear "A Tale of Two Cities".
(d) He wants to hear "the infantryman's tale".
4. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
(a) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one Darning Needle.
(b) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one horse.
(c) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one spear.
(d) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one helot.
5. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
(a) It is Greek for "hot springs".
(b) It is Greek for "spa".
(c) It is Greek for "hot gates".
(d) It is Egyptian profanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
2. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
3. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
4. Who is Dienekes' squire?
5. What does agoge boua mean?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)