|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
(a) They separate at a fork in the road called Three Corners.
(b) They separate just before reaching Sparta.
(c) They separate at The Crossroads.
(d) They separate when they reach Athens.
2. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
(b) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
(c) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
(d) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
3. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Rooster dies on the final night.
(b) Dekton dies on the final night.
(c) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(d) Hermion dies on the final night.
4. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at about two million men.
(b) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(c) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(d) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
5. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
(b) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
(c) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
(d) They are designed as a way to pass time.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
2. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
3. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
4. Thermopylae is described as what?
5. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)