|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
(b) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
(c) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
(d) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
2. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
(a) He tells it to Xerxes.
(b) He tells it to a scribe.
(c) He tells it to Lady Arete.
(d) He tells it to Leonidas.
3. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans love to fish.
(b) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
(c) Spartans wrestle and run.
(d) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
4. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Rooster dies on the final night.
(b) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(c) Hermion dies on the final night.
(d) Dekton dies on the final night.
5. Who is Xerxes?
(a) He is the narrator of the story.
(b) He is the king of the Spartan city-state.
(c) He is the king of the Persian empire.
(d) He is a great hero of the Punic Wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
2. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
3. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
4. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
5. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)