|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
(a) He puts the boy through a lengthy and humiliating training drill.
(b) He beats the boy senseless.
(c) He kindly shows the boy the proper way of handling the shield.
(d) He bans Alexandros from the practice fields for life.
2. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
(a) He is nine.
(b) He is twelve.
(c) He is eighteen.
(d) He is in his middle teens.
3. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
(a) The farmers beat him severely.
(b) He is made to pay for what he stole.
(c) The farmers drive nails through his hands.
(d) The farmers cut off his right hand.
4. What is panoplia?
(a) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(b) It is the lake near Sparta.
(c) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(d) It is an eight night training exercise.
5. Who is Xerxes?
(a) He is the king of the Spartan city-state.
(b) He is a great hero of the Punic Wars.
(c) He is the narrator of the story.
(d) He is the king of the Persian empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
2. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
3. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
4. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
5. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)