|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
(a) It is mainly citizen soldiers.
(b) It is an unorganized rabble of bandits and highwaymen.
(c) It is mainly well trained regulars, career soldiers.
(d) It is mainly mercenaries hired from neighboring kingdoms.
2. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
(b) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
(c) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
(d) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
3. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
(a) They take the ferry.
(b) They hire a boat.
(c) They go around.
(d) They swim.
4. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at Rhion.
(b) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
(c) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
(d) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
5. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
(b) He takes the survivors as slaves.
(c) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
(d) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
2. What is othismos?
3. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
4. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
5. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)