|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
(a) He is already married.
(b) Despite his deep love for her, his ethics stand in the way.
(c) He does not love her.
(d) He feels that she was the death of his brother, and wants nothing to do with her.
2. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(b) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(c) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(d) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
3. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
(a) He is depressed that his girlfriend broke up with him.
(b) He is depressed that his family is dead.
(c) He is depressed that he cannot fight with a spear.
(d) He prefers a death by freezing to the slow, painful death he will have due to his fever.
4. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
(b) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
(c) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
(d) He takes the survivors as slaves.
5. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
(a) Leonidas tries to stop him.
(b) Xeones tries to stop him.
(c) Polynikes tries to stop him.
(d) His mother tries to stop him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
2. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
3. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
4. Who is Xerxes?
5. How do the Spartans view war?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)