|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Spartans count their dead?
(a) They stand in formation and count off.
(b) They walk the field of battle and count the dead.
(c) The senior surviving officer calls out the names of the soldiers, and who ever doesn't answer is counted as dead.
(d) They each have half of a twig with their names on them, and the other half is in a basket. After the battle, they all match their halves to the others in the basket and count the remaining twigs.
2. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
(a) They have had three sons.
(b) They have had only daughters.
(c) They have had one son.
(d) They have had many sons.
3. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
4. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
(a) He tells it to Lady Arete.
(b) He tells it to a scribe.
(c) He tells it to Xerxes.
(d) He tells it to Leonidas.
5. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a general.
(b) He becomes a spearman.
(c) He becomes an archer.
(d) He becomes a swordsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
2. By what other name is Sparta called?
3. Thermopylae is described as what?
4. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
5. How are Spartan boys punished?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)