|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
(a) He beats the boy senseless.
(b) He kindly shows the boy the proper way of handling the shield.
(c) He puts the boy through a lengthy and humiliating training drill.
(d) He bans Alexandros from the practice fields for life.
2. Who does Diomache take with her?
(a) She doesn't take anyone.
(b) She takes the dog, Happy.
(c) She takes the dog, Lucky.
(d) She takes the old blind slave, Bruxieus.
3. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called sparring.
(b) It is called The Breaking.
(c) It is called The Oak.
(d) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
4. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
(a) They escape with him.
(b) They are captured and sold into slavery.
(c) They are killed trying to defend their home.
(d) They also escape, but are separated and spend years searching for him.
5. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
(a) The dogs are Lucky and Bruno.
(b) The dogs are Happy and Lucky.
(c) The dogs are Bruno and Flanx.
(d) The dogs are Leonidas and Xerxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
2. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
3. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
4. What does agoge boua mean?
5. Why do the Antirhions lose the battle?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)