|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) Apollo returns him to life.
(b) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
(c) He is given an elixir of immortality.
(d) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
2. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
(a) He feels that she was the death of his brother, and wants nothing to do with her.
(b) Despite his deep love for her, his ethics stand in the way.
(c) He does not love her.
(d) He is already married.
3. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
(a) He prefers to use a longbow.
(b) He prefers to use his short javelins, called Darning Needles.
(c) He prefers to use his spear, the Eight-footer.
(d) He prefers to use his two short swords.
4. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
(a) He is depressed that his family is dead.
(b) He prefers a death by freezing to the slow, painful death he will have due to his fever.
(c) He is depressed that he cannot fight with a spear.
(d) He is depressed that his girlfriend broke up with him.
5. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
(b) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
(c) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
(d) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Spartan boys punished?
2. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
3. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
4. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
5. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)