|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
(a) They also escape, but are separated and spend years searching for him.
(b) They are killed trying to defend their home.
(c) They are captured and sold into slavery.
(d) They escape with him.
2. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
(a) The Persians sack the city-state.
(b) The Spartans sack the city-state.
(c) The Carthagians sack the city-state.
(d) The Argives sack the city-state.
3. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it the void.
(b) They call it phobology.
(c) They call it phobologiea.
(d) They call it aphobia.
4. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
(a) It is difficult to understand.
(b) It contains much foul language.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is long and boring.
5. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
(a) The Persians were the first to arrive.
(b) The Thespians were the first to arrive.
(c) The Spartan heavy infantry were first to arrive.
(d) The Spartan Rangers were first to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
2. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
3. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
4. What is othismos?
5. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)