|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What obstacle separates the two sides of the battleground?
(a) A palisade bisects the field.
(b) A low stone wall bisects the field.
(c) A creek bisects the field.
(d) A swift river runs through the center of the field.
2. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Rooster.
(b) He is called The Archer.
(c) He is called Pretty Boy.
(d) He is called Mountain.
3. Who is Diomache?
(a) Diomache is the wife of Leonidas.
(b) Diomache is one of the three Fates of Greek mythology.
(c) Diomache is the concubine of Xerxes.
(d) Diomache is the cousin of Xeones.
4. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Agamemnon.
(b) His name was Ptammitechus.
(c) His name was Steve.
(d) His name was Tommie.
5. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it phobology.
(b) They call it the void.
(c) They call it phobologiea.
(d) They call it aphobia.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what other name is Sparta called?
2. What does agoge boua mean?
3. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
4. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
5. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)