|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it phobology.
(b) They call it phobologiea.
(c) They call it the void.
(d) They call it aphobia.
2. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
(a) They have had one son.
(b) They have had many sons.
(c) They have had only daughters.
(d) They have had three sons.
3. Who does Diomache take with her?
(a) She doesn't take anyone.
(b) She takes the dog, Happy.
(c) She takes the dog, Lucky.
(d) She takes the old blind slave, Bruxieus.
4. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
(a) Xeones is from in Sparta.
(b) Xeones is from in Astakos.
(c) Xeones is from in Athens.
(d) Xeones is from a country farm in Akarnania, not a city-state.
5. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
(b) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
(c) He takes the survivors as slaves.
(d) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
2. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
3. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
4. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
5. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)