|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
(a) He is depressed that his family is dead.
(b) He is depressed that his girlfriend broke up with him.
(c) He prefers a death by freezing to the slow, painful death he will have due to his fever.
(d) He is depressed that he cannot fight with a spear.
2. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Xeones is his squire.
(b) Suicide is his squire.
(c) Alexandros is his squire.
(d) Rooster is his squire.
3. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
(b) It is called The Breaking.
(c) It is called The Oak.
(d) It is called sparring.
4. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
(a) He prefers to use his two short swords.
(b) He prefers to use his spear, the Eight-footer.
(c) He prefers to use a longbow.
(d) He prefers to use his short javelins, called Darning Needles.
5. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them to never surrender.
(b) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
(c) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(d) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
2. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
3. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
4. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
5. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)