|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
(a) Xeones returns to avenge his people.
(b) Xeones is to tell the story of the Battle of Thermopylae.
(c) Due to the violent nature of his death, the spirit of Xeones can not pass on to the world of the dead.
(d) Xeones returns to warn the Spartan people that the battle has been lost.
2. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(b) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(c) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(d) He numbers it at about two million men.
3. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
(a) About four thousand were slain.
(b) No more than twenty thousand were slain.
(c) No fewer than twenty thousand were slain.
(d) About twenty thousand were slain.
4. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Steve.
(b) His name was Agamemnon.
(c) His name was Tommie.
(d) His name was Ptammitechus.
5. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means training platoon.
(b) Agoge boua means battle rage.
(c) Agoge boua means honorable death.
(d) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hermion's nickname?
2. Who is Dienekes' squire?
3. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
4. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
5. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)