|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is oktonyktia?
(a) It is the lake near Sparta.
(b) It is an eight-night training exercise.
(c) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(d) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
2. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
(a) The Spartan heavy infantry were first to arrive.
(b) The Persians were the first to arrive.
(c) The Spartan Rangers were first to arrive.
(d) The Thespians were the first to arrive.
3. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
(a) About twenty thousand were slain.
(b) No fewer than twenty thousand were slain.
(c) About four thousand were slain.
(d) No more than twenty thousand were slain.
4. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(b) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(c) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(d) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
5. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Suicide is his squire.
(b) Rooster is his squire.
(c) Alexandros is his squire.
(d) Xeones is his squire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
2. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
3. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
4. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
5. Who are the two narrators of this story?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)