|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two narrators of this story?
(a) The scribe and Xeones are the narrators.
(b) There is only one narrator, Xeones.
(c) Ball Player and Rooster are the narrators.
(d) Xerxes and Leonidas are the narrators.
2. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
(b) Agoge boua means honorable death.
(c) Agoge boua means training platoon.
(d) Agoge boua means battle rage.
3. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
(b) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
(c) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
(d) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
4. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
(a) He bans Alexandros from the practice fields for life.
(b) He kindly shows the boy the proper way of handling the shield.
(c) He puts the boy through a lengthy and humiliating training drill.
(d) He beats the boy senseless.
5. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is exoterike harmoniea?
2. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
3. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
4. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
5. What is othismos?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)