|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Rooster is his squire.
(b) Xeones is his squire.
(c) Suicide is his squire.
(d) Alexandros is his squire.
2. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a spearman.
(b) He becomes a general.
(c) He becomes an archer.
(d) He becomes a swordsman.
3. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(b) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(c) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(d) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
4. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(b) He numbers it at about two million men.
(c) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(d) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
5. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
(a) No more than twenty thousand were slain.
(b) No fewer than twenty thousand were slain.
(c) About four thousand were slain.
(d) About twenty thousand were slain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
2. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
3. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
4. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
5. What is oktonyktia?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)