|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
(a) They sing the hymn to Castor.
(b) They sing the Spartan anthem.
(c) They sing praises to the god Apollo.
(d) They sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
2. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
(a) He prefers to use a longbow.
(b) He prefers to use his spear, the Eight-footer.
(c) He prefers to use his short javelins, called Darning Needles.
(d) He prefers to use his two short swords.
3. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(b) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(c) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(d) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
4. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
(a) The farmers beat him severely.
(b) The farmers drive nails through his hands.
(c) The farmers cut off his right hand.
(d) He is made to pay for what he stole.
5. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
(a) Xeones is to tell the story of the Battle of Thermopylae.
(b) Xeones returns to warn the Spartan people that the battle has been lost.
(c) Due to the violent nature of his death, the spirit of Xeones can not pass on to the world of the dead.
(d) Xeones returns to avenge his people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
2. Thermopylae is described as what?
3. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
4. Who are the two narrators of this story?
5. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)