|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(b) Hermion dies on the final night.
(c) Dekton dies on the final night.
(d) Rooster dies on the final night.
2. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal a horse.
(b) He is trying to steal a goose.
(c) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
(d) He is trying to steal a chicken.
3. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Rooster.
(b) He is called Pretty Boy.
(c) He is called Mountain.
(d) He is called The Archer.
4. Thermopylae is described as what?
(a) Thermopylae is described as a small fishing village where the Persians land their invasion force.
(b) Thermopylae is described as a place where travelers go to use the hot mineral baths.
(c) Thermopylae is described as an ancient battle ground where many battles have taken place over the centuries.
(d) Thermopylae is described as a holy place, dedicated to the worship of the gods.
5. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(b) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(c) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(d) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
2. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
3. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
4. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
5. What is exoterike harmoniea?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)