|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
(a) They have had three sons.
(b) They have had only daughters.
(c) They have had many sons.
(d) They have had one son.
2. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(b) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(c) He numbers it at about two million men.
(d) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
3. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
(a) The Persians were the first to arrive.
(b) The Spartan Rangers were first to arrive.
(c) The Spartan heavy infantry were first to arrive.
(d) The Thespians were the first to arrive.
4. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
(b) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
(c) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
(d) They are designed as a way to pass time.
5. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(b) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(c) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(d) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
2. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
3. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
4. Thermopylae is described as what?
5. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)