|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
(b) Spartans love to fish.
(c) Spartans wrestle and run.
(d) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
2. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
(a) Xerxes is Xeones' sparring partner.
(b) Polynikes is Xeones' sparring partner.
(c) Rooster is Xeones' sparring partner.
(d) Alexandros is Xeones' sparring partner.
3. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Ptammitechus.
(b) His name was Agamemnon.
(c) His name was Steve.
(d) His name was Tommie.
4. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
(a) No more than twenty thousand were slain.
(b) About four thousand were slain.
(c) No fewer than twenty thousand were slain.
(d) About twenty thousand were slain.
5. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
(a) It contains much foul language.
(b) It is long and boring.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is difficult to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
2. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
3. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
4. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
5. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)