|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Diomache?
(a) Diomache is the cousin of Xeones.
(b) Diomache is the wife of Leonidas.
(c) Diomache is one of the three Fates of Greek mythology.
(d) Diomache is the concubine of Xerxes.
2. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Alexandros is his squire.
(b) Xeones is his squire.
(c) Suicide is his squire.
(d) Rooster is his squire.
3. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
(a) Leonidas tries to stop him.
(b) Xeones tries to stop him.
(c) His mother tries to stop him.
(d) Polynikes tries to stop him.
4. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
(a) Xeones is from a country farm in Akarnania, not a city-state.
(b) Xeones is from in Astakos.
(c) Xeones is from in Sparta.
(d) Xeones is from in Athens.
5. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) He is already married.
(c) He feels that she was the death of his brother, and wants nothing to do with her.
(d) Despite his deep love for her, his ethics stand in the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
2. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
3. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
4. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
5. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)