|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
(a) He is twelve.
(b) He is in his middle teens.
(c) He is nine.
(d) He is eighteen.
2. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
(b) They are whipped with sticks.
(c) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
(d) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
3. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
(a) Leonidas tries to stop him.
(b) Polynikes tries to stop him.
(c) Xeones tries to stop him.
(d) His mother tries to stop him.
4. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
(a) The Persians sack the city-state.
(b) The Spartans sack the city-state.
(c) The Carthagians sack the city-state.
(d) The Argives sack the city-state.
5. What is othismos?
(a) Othismos is the initial collision on the battlefield and the chaos that follows.
(b) Othismos is a field near Sparta where the Spartan boys train.
(c) Othismos is the euphoria that comes upon the victor after a battle.
(d) Othismos is one of the ancient Spartan sacrificial rites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
2. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
3. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
4. Who is Diomache?
5. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)