|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
(b) They are designed as a way to pass time.
(c) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
(d) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
2. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
(a) He wants to hear about Spartan life during times of peace.
(b) He wants to hear a tale of generals and kings.
(c) He wants to hear "A Tale of Two Cities".
(d) He wants to hear "the infantryman's tale".
3. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
(a) He describes him as a silly old man, full of outdated ideas.
(b) He describes him as a young warrior, inexperienced in battle, but fierce and strong.
(c) He describes him as a warrior over forty-years-old who carries wounds from many battles.
(d) He describes him as a great hero.
4. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Rooster.
(b) He is called The Archer.
(c) He is called Pretty Boy.
(d) He is called Mountain.
5. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Xeones is his squire.
(b) Rooster is his squire.
(c) Alexandros is his squire.
(d) Suicide is his squire.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
2. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
3. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
4. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
5. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)