|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) Apollo returns him to life.
(b) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
(c) He is given an elixir of immortality.
(d) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
2. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
(b) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
(c) Spartans love to fish.
(d) Spartans wrestle and run.
3. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(b) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(c) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(d) He is a farmer.
4. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
5. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
(a) He describes him as a warrior over forty-years-old who carries wounds from many battles.
(b) He describes him as a silly old man, full of outdated ideas.
(c) He describes him as a great hero.
(d) He describes him as a young warrior, inexperienced in battle, but fierce and strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Diomache?
2. What is oktonyktia?
3. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
4. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
5. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)