|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called The Oak.
(b) It is called sparring.
(c) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
(d) It is called The Breaking.
2. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
(a) He puts all of the boys through the standard shield handling drills.
(b) He sends everyone home for the day.
(c) He reports the boy's failure to his superiors.
(d) He storms off the practice field in disgust.
3. What is panoplia?
(a) It is an eight night training exercise.
(b) It is the lake near Sparta.
(c) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(d) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
4. Who is Diomache?
(a) Diomache is the cousin of Xeones.
(b) Diomache is the wife of Leonidas.
(c) Diomache is the concubine of Xerxes.
(d) Diomache is one of the three Fates of Greek mythology.
5. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
(a) It contains much foul language.
(b) It is difficult to understand.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is long and boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
2. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
3. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
4. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
5. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)