|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at about two million men.
(b) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(c) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(d) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
2. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed as a way to pass time.
(b) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
(c) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
(d) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
3. What is panoplia?
(a) It is the lake near Sparta.
(b) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(c) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(d) It is an eight night training exercise.
4. What is oktonyktia?
(a) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(b) It is the lake near Sparta.
(c) It is an eight-night training exercise.
(d) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
5. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it phobology.
(b) They call it aphobia.
(c) They call it phobologiea.
(d) They call it the void.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
2. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
3. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
4. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
5. Who is Xerxes?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)