|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
(a) He tells it to Lady Arete.
(b) He tells it to a scribe.
(c) He tells it to Xerxes.
(d) He tells it to Leonidas.
2. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called The Oak.
(b) It is called sparring.
(c) It is called The Breaking.
(d) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
3. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
4. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Pretty Boy.
(b) He is called Mountain.
(c) He is called The Archer.
(d) He is called Rooster.
5. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
(a) He tells the Egyptian that freedom must be bought with steel, not gold.
(b) He tells the Egyptian that the only free men are dead men.
(c) He tells the Egyptian that freedom is a state of mind.
(d) He tells the Egyptian that it is better to live as a slave than to die free.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Spartan boys punished?
2. What does agoge boua mean?
3. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
4. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
5. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)