|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Xerxes, Chapter 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
(a) He is made to pay for what he stole.
(b) The farmers beat him severely.
(c) The farmers drive nails through his hands.
(d) The farmers cut off his right hand.
2. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
(a) It is Egyptian profanity.
(b) It is Greek for "spa".
(c) It is Greek for "hot springs".
(d) It is Greek for "hot gates".
3. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
4. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(b) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(c) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(d) He numbers it at about two million men.
5. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
(a) He tells it to Leonidas.
(b) He tells it to a scribe.
(c) He tells it to Lady Arete.
(d) He tells it to Xerxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
2. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
3. Who is Suicide?
4. How are Spartan boys punished?
5. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)