|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Xerxes, Chapter 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(d) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
2. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
(a) She has a large scar on her face.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She was raped.
(d) She is too old.
3. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
(a) They have had only daughters.
(b) They have had many sons.
(c) They have had one son.
(d) They have had three sons.
4. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
(a) He tells it to a scribe.
(b) He tells it to Xerxes.
(c) He tells it to Lady Arete.
(d) He tells it to Leonidas.
5. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
(a) They escape with him.
(b) They are killed trying to defend their home.
(c) They are captured and sold into slavery.
(d) They also escape, but are separated and spend years searching for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
2. Who is Xerxes?
3. Thermopylae is described as what?
4. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
5. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)