|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Xerxes, Chapter 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
(a) They have had one son.
(b) They have had only daughters.
(c) They have had many sons.
(d) They have had three sons.
2. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal a chicken.
(b) He is trying to steal a horse.
(c) He is trying to steal a goose.
(d) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
3. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
(a) He prefers to use a longbow.
(b) He prefers to use his two short swords.
(c) He prefers to use his spear, the Eight-footer.
(d) He prefers to use his short javelins, called Darning Needles.
4. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
(a) No fewer than twenty thousand were slain.
(b) About twenty thousand were slain.
(c) About four thousand were slain.
(d) No more than twenty thousand were slain.
5. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She has a large scar on her face.
(c) She was raped.
(d) She is ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
2. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
3. Who is Suicide?
4. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
5. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)