|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Xerxes, Chapter 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two narrators of this story?
(a) The scribe and Xeones are the narrators.
(b) Ball Player and Rooster are the narrators.
(c) Xerxes and Leonidas are the narrators.
(d) There is only one narrator, Xeones.
2. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
(b) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
(c) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
(d) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
3. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
(a) He is in his middle teens.
(b) He is nine.
(c) He is twelve.
(d) He is eighteen.
4. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
(a) It is false.
(b) It contains much foul language.
(c) It is long and boring.
(d) It is difficult to understand.
5. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
(a) He is depressed that he cannot fight with a spear.
(b) He is depressed that his girlfriend broke up with him.
(c) He prefers a death by freezing to the slow, painful death he will have due to his fever.
(d) He is depressed that his family is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
2. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
3. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
4. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
5. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)