|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Xerxes, Chapter 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
(a) The farmers cut off his right hand.
(b) The farmers beat him severely.
(c) The farmers drive nails through his hands.
(d) He is made to pay for what he stole.
2. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
3. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(c) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(d) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
4. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
(b) They are whipped with sticks.
(c) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
(d) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
5. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
(b) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
(c) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
(d) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
2. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
3. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
4. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
5. Who is Diomache?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)