|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dienekes order Xeones to do?
(a) He orders Xeones to run.
(b) He orders Xeones to stay back and observe, so that he may tell the story later.
(c) He orders Xeones to deliver a message for him.
(d) He orders Xeones to fight valiantly.
2. Who does Diomache take with her?
(a) She takes the dog, Happy.
(b) She takes the old blind slave, Bruxieus.
(c) She doesn't take anyone.
(d) She takes the dog, Lucky.
3. Why do the Phokians miss the meeting?
(a) They have all been slain by the Persians.
(b) They are nearly overrun by the Persians, so they flee.
(c) They are attacked and must remain to defend their city.
(d) They go over to the Persian side.
4. What oath does Arete swear to Xeones?
(a) She swears to help take care of his son after he is gone.
(b) She swears that his cousin will hear of his honor in battle and where his body lies.
(c) She swears to befriend his cousin Diomache and keep her company.
(d) She swears to never tell about his secret love.
5. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
(a) He is nine.
(b) He is eighteen.
(c) He is twelve.
(d) He is in his middle teens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
2. What is the standing order of Dienekes while on campaign?
3. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
4. In Chapter 28, which Persian deserter asks for Xeones by name?
5. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)