|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
(a) The Argives sack the city-state.
(b) The Carthagians sack the city-state.
(c) The Persians sack the city-state.
(d) The Spartans sack the city-state.
2. Why do the Phokians miss the meeting?
(a) They are nearly overrun by the Persians, so they flee.
(b) They go over to the Persian side.
(c) They have all been slain by the Persians.
(d) They are attacked and must remain to defend their city.
3. How many men make up the party that attacks Xerxes' tent?
(a) There are eight men.
(b) There are seven men.
(c) There are tweny men.
(d) There are eleven men.
4. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
(a) The dogs are Bruno and Flanx.
(b) The dogs are Lucky and Bruno.
(c) The dogs are Leonidas and Xerxes.
(d) The dogs are Happy and Lucky.
5. Who do the Spartans encounter on their way out of the Persian camp?
(a) They run into another group of Egyptian marines.
(b) They do not encounter anyone on their flight from the Persian camp.
(c) They come across Persian soldiers rising for the morning.
(d) They are seen by General Mardonius.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
2. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
3. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
4. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
5. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)