|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
(b) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
(c) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
(d) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
2. The three hundred and their allies are to be met by a thousand heavy infantry from Phokis and Lokris. What do they find instead?
(a) They find the area abandoned with the exception of a few local people.
(b) They find the Egyptian Tommie.
(c) They find only half of the troop they were expecting.
(d) They find the Persians waiting there for them.
3. When the dog chases the rabbit between the two armies and then kills it, what do the Greeks think it means?
(a) They take it as a sign that they will be victorious.
(b) They think that the dog crushing the rabbit in its jaws signifies the empire of Persia crushing Greece.
(c) They find it amusing and take it as good entertainment.
(d) They take it as a sign that the Persians will overpower them.
4. What does Xerxes believe about Xeones' story?
(a) He believes it all to be lies.
(b) He believes that it is true and pertinent to the war efforts.
(c) He finds it entertaining, but is unsure of its truth.
(d) He believes it is true, but has no bearing on the battles ahead.
5. What does the merchant's sign say?
(a) It says "The best service in all the land."
(b) It says "The best service only for you, my foreskin."
(c) It says "The best service only for you, my friend."
(d) It says "The best service in all of Greece."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Leonidas, how many men could the Persians mass behind the battle wall?
2. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
3. How many Persians are in the advance force that takes Athens?
4. What happens to the raiding party?
5. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)