|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Phokians miss the meeting?
(a) They go over to the Persian side.
(b) They are attacked and must remain to defend their city.
(c) They are nearly overrun by the Persians, so they flee.
(d) They have all been slain by the Persians.
2. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
(a) It is the Persian general Mardonius.
(b) It is the traitor, Rooster.
(c) It is the lady Artemisia.
(d) It is king Xerxes.
3. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
(a) He says that all a man wants is to live.
(b) He says that all a man wants is wealth.
(c) He says that all a man wants is a good woman.
(d) He says that all a man wants is to die with honor.
4. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it the void.
(b) They call it aphobia.
(c) They call it phobology.
(d) They call it phobologiea.
5. When king Leonidas gives his speech on the night of the arrival of the Persian force, to whom is he speaking?
(a) He is speaking to the allied officers.
(b) He is speaking to the Spartan officers.
(c) He is speaking to the entire combined forces.
(d) He is speaking to all of the allied officers and the Spartan officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
2. Why does Leonidas keep the three hundred from getting new cloaks?
3. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
4. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
5. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)