|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
(b) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
(c) He takes the survivors as slaves.
(d) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
2. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
(a) The Spartan heavy infantry were first to arrive.
(b) The Thespians were the first to arrive.
(c) The Spartan Rangers were first to arrive.
(d) The Persians were the first to arrive.
3. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
(b) It is called The Breaking.
(c) It is called sparring.
(d) It is called The Oak.
4. According to Xerxes, what is the greatest desire of Xeones?
(a) His desire to tell the story is greater than any other.
(b) His greatest desire is to rejoin his brothers in arms beneath the earth in death.
(c) His top priority is to escape Xerxes and return to Sparta with the intelligence that he has picked up in the Persian camp.
(d) He only wants to kill Xerxes, even at the cost of his own life.
5. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
(b) They catch up to them at Rhion.
(c) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
(d) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the half helot's father?
2. Who does Diomache take with her?
3. Why is Xerxes having trouble sleeping?
4. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
5. Where is Rooster's mother's city?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)