|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
(b) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
(c) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
(d) They catch up to them at Rhion.
2. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal a chicken.
(b) He is trying to steal a horse.
(c) He is trying to steal a goose.
(d) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
3. Other than Ball Player and the dog, who is the other volunteer?
(a) The other volunteer is Olaph, the wandering Arab.
(b) Tommie the Egyptian joined the Greeks.
(c) He is a merchant from Miletus, and his name is Elephantinos.
(d) The other volunteer is Minoas, a traitor from the Persian army.
4. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
(a) Xeones returns to warn the Spartan people that the battle has been lost.
(b) Due to the violent nature of his death, the spirit of Xeones can not pass on to the world of the dead.
(c) Xeones returns to avenge his people.
(d) Xeones is to tell the story of the Battle of Thermopylae.
5. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two narrators of this story?
2. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
3. When king Leonidas gives his speech on the night of the arrival of the Persian force, to whom is he speaking?
4. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
5. When does Xeones see Xerxes face-to-face before he is summoned?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)