|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is panoplia?
(a) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(b) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(c) It is the lake near Sparta.
(d) It is an eight night training exercise.
2. What is the purpose of the speech Leonidas gives after this battle?
(a) He congratulates them on their great victory and releases them for a day to pillage the city.
(b) He congratulates them on the victory, and commends their behavior towards the prisoners.
(c) He berates them for their lack of courage and for their weakness.
(d) He thanks the survivors and honors the fallen, while refocusing their attention on the main battle to come.
3. What secret does Arete tell Xeones in Chapter 20?
(a) She tells him that she had been in love with Dienekes e since she was a young girl, even while married to his brother.
(b) She tells him that she has been having an affair with Leonidas for years.
(c) She tells him that the son of Rooster really was Dienekes' child.
(d) She tells him that she has been in love with him for years.
4. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(b) He numbers it at about two million men.
(c) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(d) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
5. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
(a) They shout insults at the Persians.
(b) They attack the Persians.
(c) They surrender to the Persians.
(d) They run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Arete's letter to Diomache say?
2. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
3. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
4. Why do the Lokrians not make the meeting?
5. What is the half helot's nickname?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)