|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Rooster is his squire.
(b) Xeones is his squire.
(c) Suicide is his squire.
(d) Alexandros is his squire.
2. After some of the helots and Thespians leave, about how many are left in the Greek forces?
(a) There are about one hundred men left.
(b) There are about sixty men left.
(c) There are about five hundred men left.
(d) There are about one thousand men left.
3. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
(a) Xeones is from in Sparta.
(b) Xeones is from a country farm in Akarnania, not a city-state.
(c) Xeones is from in Athens.
(d) Xeones is from in Astakos.
4. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(b) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(c) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(d) He numbers it at about two million men.
5. Why does Leonidas keep the three hundred from getting new cloaks?
(a) He feels that there is no time for the ceremony, and that he and his men must leave immediately.
(b) He wants to wait until after the battle so he will not get cloaks for those who won't survive.
(c) He feels that it would be a waste of the city's resources to replace the cloaks of men who will not get to use them long.
(d) He wants to wait until after the battle so the new cloaks won't get torn and bloody.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
2. What does Leonidas say is the tell-all when battle comes?
3. In Chapter 28, which Persian deserter asks for Xeones by name?
4. What is mothax?
5. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)