|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Artemisia tell Xerxes that he cannot leave the field of battle?
(a) If Xerxes leaves his army in the hands of a general, the general might return victorious from Greece only to take over the empire for himself.
(b) The Persians have no hope of taking Greece without their king.
(c) She tells him that if he leaves after the Oracle spoke to the Spartans, that all of Greece would say that he was running from a dream.
(d) She tells Xerxes that by returning to Persia, he would be missing a grand show in the defeat of the Greeks.
2. Who does Xeones marry?
(a) He marries Thereia.
(b) He marries Diomache.
(c) He marries Agathe.
(d) He marries arete.
3. Who vouches for Xeones that he did not overhear details of the raid from the surgeons?
(a) Mardonius speaks up for Xeones' honor.
(b) King Xerxes trusts Xeones, and declares his words true.
(c) Orontes, captain of the Immortals informs the king that Xeones was never once left alone with them.
(d) Artemisia tells the king that the surgeons would not have known of such an attack.
4. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
(a) It helps to keep their minds occupied and off of the fact that only moments earlier they were slaughtering men like farmers reaping wheat.
(b) It is the Spartan law that the dead be counted in such a way.
(c) It is done to confuse the enemy.
(d) It is an ancient tradition that has been passed down for generations.
5. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(b) He numbers it at about two million men.
(c) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(d) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
2. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
3. After some of the helots and Thespians leave, about how many are left in the Greek forces?
4. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
5. What does Leonidas say is the tell-all when battle comes?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)