|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who vouches for Xeones that he did not overhear details of the raid from the surgeons?
(a) King Xerxes trusts Xeones, and declares his words true.
(b) Mardonius speaks up for Xeones' honor.
(c) Orontes, captain of the Immortals informs the king that Xeones was never once left alone with them.
(d) Artemisia tells the king that the surgeons would not have known of such an attack.
2. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians?
(a) Only with the Spartans may you defeat the enemy.
(b) Fly to the corners of the earth.
(c) The wooden wall alone shall not fail you.
(d) The enemy will overrun and destroy you.
3. Why does Leonidas keep the three hundred from getting new cloaks?
(a) He feels that there is no time for the ceremony, and that he and his men must leave immediately.
(b) He wants to wait until after the battle so he will not get cloaks for those who won't survive.
(c) He wants to wait until after the battle so the new cloaks won't get torn and bloody.
(d) He feels that it would be a waste of the city's resources to replace the cloaks of men who will not get to use them long.
4. What is the last thing that Xerxes says to Xeones as Chapter 19 closes?
(a) "Why would you tell me such a thing, that I may know of your offense and kill you outright?"
(b) "You are either the bravest warrior or the biggest fool to ever walk the earth"
(c) "No one could have breached my tent and survived it, therefore you are lying. I suggest that you be totally honest with me in the future, Greek."
(d) "Please, my friend, continue your tale. Tell it as you wish, in whatever manner the god instructs you."
5. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are twenty thousand.
(b) There are three thousand.
(c) There are three hundred.
(d) There are two million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
2. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
3. What do the Athenians call the high part of the city?
4. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
5. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)