|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dienekes decide that the opposite of fear is?
(a) The opposite of fear is love.
(b) The opposite of fear is glory.
(c) The opposite of fear is aphobia.
(d) The opposite of fear is courage.
2. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are whipped with sticks.
(b) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
(c) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
(d) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
3. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
(a) He tells Polynikes that he experienced a bloodlust during the battle.
(b) He tells Polynikes that the battle made him sick.
(c) He tells Polynikes that the battle didn't effect him at all.
(d) He tells Polynikes that he was amused by the ease with which they defeated the enemy.
4. How do the Persian forces surround the Greeks?
(a) They go around the mountain.
(b) They sail around and march up from behind.
(c) They are told of a moutain pass by a Greek traitor.
(d) They sneak around the Greeks during the night.
5. Who makes up the only father-son pair in the three hundred?
(a) Medan and Xeones are the only father-son pair.
(b) Leonidas and Karneius are the only father-son pair.
(c) Olympieus and Alexandros are the only father-son pair.
(d) Dienekes and Rooster are the only father-son pair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drives Polynikes according to Dienekes?
2. What is othismos?
3. When does Darius of Persia die?
4. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
5. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)