|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Spartans discover on their way to the tent of Xerxes?
(a) They discover a much better patch of ground on which to fight the Persians.
(b) They find out that Xerxes has caught wind of their plan, and has moved his tent.
(c) They find out that Rooster is leading them into a trap.
(d) They find out that Xerxes has found a path around the gates, and that he has ordered troops to surround the Greeks.
2. For what is Xeones punished after the battle at Antirhion?
(a) He is punished for not reporting in a timely fashion.
(b) He is punished for mouthing off to a superior officer.
(c) He is punished for his recklessness on the field of battle.
(d) He is punished for following the army.
3. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(b) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(c) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(d) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
4. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
(b) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
(c) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
(d) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
5. Who makes up the only father-son pair in the three hundred?
(a) Olympieus and Alexandros are the only father-son pair.
(b) Dienekes and Rooster are the only father-son pair.
(c) Leonidas and Karneius are the only father-son pair.
(d) Medan and Xeones are the only father-son pair.
Short Answer Questions
1. After some of the helots and Thespians leave, about how many are left in the Greek forces?
2. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
3. Who authorizes the raid on Xerxes' tent?
4. Who is the half helot's father?
5. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)