|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
(a) They ignore the speech.
(b) They join Polynikes in berating Alexandros.
(c) They politely leave the area to avoid overhearing.
(d) They rap their knuckles on the table.
2. How does Polynikes react to Alexandros' answer?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He is saddened.
3. Who does Xeones list off as some of the members of the tent raiding party?
(a) He lists Alexandros, Orontes, Ephesus, and himself.
(b) He lists Alexandros, Polynikes, Rooster, and himself.
(c) He lists Alexandros, Dienekes, Orontes, and himself.
(d) He lists Alexandros, Polynikes, Dienekes, and himself.
4. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
(a) They fight the Persian army.
(b) They fight the army of Athens.
(c) They fight the Antirhion army.
(d) They fight the Agrives.
5. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
(a) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one spear.
(b) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one horse.
(c) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one helot.
(d) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one Darning Needle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
2. Who is Dienekes' squire?
3. Where are the Persians as Chapter 18 opens?
4. Why does Artemisia tell Xerxes that he cannot leave the field of battle?
5. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)