|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Xeones' proof that he was there, and not that he simply heard of it?
(a) He shows Xerxes the place where his blade tore the wall of the tent in a back corner.
(b) He recognizes the officer who threw the axe at him and wounded Alexandros.
(c) He can offer only his word of honor that he is telling the truth.
(d) He has several witnesses who admit that they saw him there.
2. Knowing that everyone will die the next day, what does Leonidas tell his men?
(a) The helots are freed from service and may leave.
(b) The watch is to be doubled to keep anyone from deserting.
(c) The Greeks are to retreat.
(d) He tells them all to fight with valor and die a good death.
3. What do the Spartans discover on their way to the tent of Xerxes?
(a) They find out that Xerxes has found a path around the gates, and that he has ordered troops to surround the Greeks.
(b) They find out that Xerxes has caught wind of their plan, and has moved his tent.
(c) They discover a much better patch of ground on which to fight the Persians.
(d) They find out that Rooster is leading them into a trap.
4. When king Leonidas gives his speech on the night of the arrival of the Persian force, to whom is he speaking?
(a) He is speaking to the allied officers.
(b) He is speaking to the entire combined forces.
(c) He is speaking to all of the allied officers and the Spartan officers.
(d) He is speaking to the Spartan officers.
5. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(c) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(d) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Darius of Persia die?
2. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
3. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
4. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
5. How are Spartan boys punished?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)