|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
(a) He tells them that he knows of a way to get a dozen men to the tent of the Persian king.
(b) He tells them that they should desert and return home, because the Spartans would be overrun by the next day.
(c) He tells them to fight with valor, and die a warrior's death.
(d) He tells them that they should abandon the army and join the Persians, just like him.
2. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
(a) He prefers to use his spear, the Eight-footer.
(b) He prefers to use his two short swords.
(c) He prefers to use a longbow.
(d) He prefers to use his short javelins, called Darning Needles.
3. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
(a) It is mainly mercenaries hired from neighboring kingdoms.
(b) It is mainly citizen soldiers.
(c) It is mainly well trained regulars, career soldiers.
(d) It is an unorganized rabble of bandits and highwaymen.
4. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
(a) He tells the Egyptian that freedom is a state of mind.
(b) He tells the Egyptian that the only free men are dead men.
(c) He tells the Egyptian that freedom must be bought with steel, not gold.
(d) He tells the Egyptian that it is better to live as a slave than to die free.
5. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
(b) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
(c) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
(d) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
2. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
3. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
4. What does the merchant's sign say?
5. Knowing that everyone will die the next day, what does Leonidas tell his men?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)