|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leonidas appear to Xerxes in his dream?
(a) Xerxes sees Leonidas beheaded, with his body nailed to a tree and his head impaled on a spike.
(b) Xerxes sees Leonidas as a vengeful spirit, ready to haunt Xerxes or eternity.
(c) Xerxes sees Leonidas as whole and alive once again.
(d) Xerxes sees Leonidas as he might have been as a child.
2. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
3. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are twenty thousand.
(b) There are two million.
(c) There are three thousand.
(d) There are three hundred.
4. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
(a) They sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(b) They sing the hymn to Castor.
(c) They sing the Spartan anthem.
(d) They sing praises to the god Apollo.
5. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
(a) They separate at The Crossroads.
(b) They separate just before reaching Sparta.
(c) They separate when they reach Athens.
(d) They separate at a fork in the road called Three Corners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians to do about the Persian invasion?
2. How are Spartan boys punished?
3. Who is Xerxes?
4. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
5. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)