|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Xeones father?
(a) He has two sons.
(b) He only has one child, a son.
(c) He has a son and a daughter.
(d) He has two daughters.
2. What do the Athenians call the high part of the city?
(a) They call it the royal compound.
(b) They call it the Acropolis.
(c) They call it The Great Hill.
(d) They call it The Mound.
3. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
(a) He feels that she was the death of his brother, and wants nothing to do with her.
(b) Despite his deep love for her, his ethics stand in the way.
(c) He is already married.
(d) He does not love her.
4. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
(a) The dogs are Happy and Lucky.
(b) The dogs are Leonidas and Xerxes.
(c) The dogs are Lucky and Bruno.
(d) The dogs are Bruno and Flanx.
5. How does Polynikes react to Alexandros' answer?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is angered.
(d) He is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, which Persian deserter asks for Xeones by name?
2. Thermopylae is described as what?
3. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
4. Who makes up the only father-son pair in the three hundred?
5. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)