|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dienekes decide that the opposite of fear is?
(a) The opposite of fear is courage.
(b) The opposite of fear is aphobia.
(c) The opposite of fear is glory.
(d) The opposite of fear is love.
2. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
(a) He comes to conquer the land for natural resources.
(b) He comes to avenge the death of his father.
(c) He comes to plunder the riches of Greece.
(d) He comes to have the Greek submit to him, and to have them offer him earth and water.
3. Who do the Spartans encounter on their way out of the Persian camp?
(a) They are seen by General Mardonius.
(b) They do not encounter anyone on their flight from the Persian camp.
(c) They come across Persian soldiers rising for the morning.
(d) They run into another group of Egyptian marines.
4. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal a goose.
(b) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
(c) He is trying to steal a chicken.
(d) He is trying to steal a horse.
5. Who is Diomache?
(a) Diomache is the cousin of Xeones.
(b) Diomache is the concubine of Xerxes.
(c) Diomache is one of the three Fates of Greek mythology.
(d) Diomache is the wife of Leonidas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the non-Spartan members of the raiding party?
2. How do the Spartans count their dead?
3. What does agoge boua mean?
4. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
5. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)