|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
(b) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
(c) They are whipped with sticks.
(d) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
2. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He admires Alexandros' courage.
(c) He feels like Alexandros should just mind his own business.
(d) He feels that it is reckless.
3. Other than Ball Player and the dog, who is the other volunteer?
(a) He is a merchant from Miletus, and his name is Elephantinos.
(b) The other volunteer is Olaph, the wandering Arab.
(c) The other volunteer is Minoas, a traitor from the Persian army.
(d) Tommie the Egyptian joined the Greeks.
4. Who is Xerxes?
(a) He is the narrator of the story.
(b) He is the king of the Spartan city-state.
(c) He is the king of the Persian empire.
(d) He is a great hero of the Punic Wars.
5. What oath does Alexandros swear the night of Rooster's trial?
(a) He swears that he will show mercy on Rooster in honor of their friendship.
(b) He swears that if ever Rooster meets them on the field of battle, that he will slay Rooster himself.
(c) He swears that he will carry out the orders of the krypteis give him.
(d) He swears that Rooster will never be seen again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first chapter, about how many Persians are said to have been slain in just three days of battle with the Spartans?
2. When king Leonidas gives his speech on the night of the arrival of the Persian force, to whom is he speaking?
3. Why do the Lokrians not make the meeting?
4. Why do the Antirhions lose the battle?
5. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)