|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leonidas appear to Xerxes in his dream?
(a) Xerxes sees Leonidas as whole and alive once again.
(b) Xerxes sees Leonidas as he might have been as a child.
(c) Xerxes sees Leonidas as a vengeful spirit, ready to haunt Xerxes or eternity.
(d) Xerxes sees Leonidas beheaded, with his body nailed to a tree and his head impaled on a spike.
2. Where is Rooster's mother's city?
(a) His mother's city is Athens.
(b) His mother's city is Messenia.
(c) His mother's city is Sparta.
(d) His mother's city is Antirhion.
3. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
(a) They fight the army of Athens.
(b) They fight the Agrives.
(c) They fight the Antirhion army.
(d) They fight the Persian army.
4. What does Leonidas say is the tell-all when battle comes?
(a) He says that physical strength will tell all.
(b) He says that courage will tell all.
(c) He says that practice of arms will tell all.
(d) He says that devotion to the gods will tell all.
5. Who does Xeones list off as some of the members of the tent raiding party?
(a) He lists Alexandros, Orontes, Ephesus, and himself.
(b) He lists Alexandros, Dienekes, Orontes, and himself.
(c) He lists Alexandros, Polynikes, Dienekes, and himself.
(d) He lists Alexandros, Polynikes, Rooster, and himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the non-Spartan members of the raiding party?
2. Why do the Antirhions lose the battle?
3. What drives Polynikes according to Dienekes?
4. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
5. Why is Xerxes having trouble sleeping?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)