|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
(a) The king usually stays at the center of his army, so that his men surround him at all times.
(b) The king does not go with his army, but sends a general in his stead.
(c) The king remains at the front of the lines, where he can be a part of the action at all times.
(d) The king commands from the back of the army where it is safer.
2. Who does Diomache take with her?
(a) She doesn't take anyone.
(b) She takes the dog, Happy.
(c) She takes the old blind slave, Bruxieus.
(d) She takes the dog, Lucky.
3. What is oktonyktia?
(a) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(b) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(c) It is the lake near Sparta.
(d) It is an eight-night training exercise.
4. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
(a) He has a son and a daughter who are twins.
(b) He has twin sons.
(c) He has three daughters.
(d) He has twin sons and then a daughter.
5. What is mothax?
(a) It is a golden metal awarded for valor.
(b) It is freedom from taxes.
(c) It is the highest title of honor for Spartans.
(d) It is the grade of warrior youths somewhere between full citizen and helot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
2. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
3. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
4. Who is Suicide?
5. When the dog chases the rabbit between the two armies and then kills it, what do the Greeks think it means?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)