|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Leonidas, Chapter 30 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the half helot's nickname?
(a) His nickname is Suicide.
(b) His nickname is Rooster.
(c) His nickname is Dog.
(d) His nickname is Bob.
2. What can Xeones see toward the middle gate?
(a) He sees the sheer cliffs of the pass.
(b) He sees the Persians.
(c) He sees the bath houses.
(d) He sees a large fox.
3. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(b) He numbers it at about two million men.
(c) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(d) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
4. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are whipped with sticks.
(b) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
(c) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
(d) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
5. What is the purpose of an all-sire unit?
(a) When they die, they will have living male heirs to carry on their names.
(b) While they are away on campaign, their sons can take care of the home.
(c) An ancient belief forbids Spartans from sending men into battle who have not yet fathered a son.
(d) When they die, their sons can then be conscripted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the raiding party?
2. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
3. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
4. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
5. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)