|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
(a) The king usually stays at the center of his army, so that his men surround him at all times.
(b) The king does not go with his army, but sends a general in his stead.
(c) The king remains at the front of the lines, where he can be a part of the action at all times.
(d) The king commands from the back of the army where it is safer.
2. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
3. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(b) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(c) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(d) He is a farmer.
4. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Mountain.
(b) He is called Pretty Boy.
(c) He is called Rooster.
(d) He is called The Archer.
5. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
(a) The dogs are Happy and Lucky.
(b) The dogs are Lucky and Bruno.
(c) The dogs are Bruno and Flanx.
(d) The dogs are Leonidas and Xerxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
2. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
3. Thermopylae is described as what?
4. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
5. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)