|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
(b) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
(c) He is given an elixir of immortality.
(d) Apollo returns him to life.
2. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
(a) It is an ancient tradition that has been passed down for generations.
(b) It helps to keep their minds occupied and off of the fact that only moments earlier they were slaughtering men like farmers reaping wheat.
(c) It is done to confuse the enemy.
(d) It is the Spartan law that the dead be counted in such a way.
3. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
(b) It is called The Oak.
(c) It is called sparring.
(d) It is called The Breaking.
4. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(b) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(c) He numbers it at about two million men.
(d) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
5. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
(b) Agoge boua means battle rage.
(c) Agoge boua means honorable death.
(d) Agoge boua means training platoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
2. What is panoplia?
3. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
4. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
5. What is oktonyktia?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)