|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal a goose.
(b) He is trying to steal a horse.
(c) He is trying to steal a chicken.
(d) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
2. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He takes the survivors as slaves.
(b) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
(c) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
(d) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
3. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
(a) It is difficult to understand.
(b) It is long and boring.
(c) It contains much foul language.
(d) It is false.
4. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
(a) They have had one son.
(b) They have had three sons.
(c) They have had many sons.
(d) They have had only daughters.
5. What is panoplia?
(a) It is an eight night training exercise.
(b) It is the lake near Sparta.
(c) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(d) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
2. Thermopylae is described as what?
3. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
4. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
5. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)