|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
(a) He prefers to use his two short swords.
(b) He prefers to use his short javelins, called Darning Needles.
(c) He prefers to use a longbow.
(d) He prefers to use his spear, the Eight-footer.
2. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
(b) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
(c) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
(d) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
3. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
(a) His mother tries to stop him.
(b) Xeones tries to stop him.
(c) Polynikes tries to stop him.
(d) Leonidas tries to stop him.
4. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
(b) They are raised according to Bushido.
(c) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(d) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
5. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
(b) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
(c) They catch up to them at Rhion.
(d) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
2. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
3. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
4. Who is Dienekes' squire?
5. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)