|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) He is given an elixir of immortality.
(b) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
(c) Apollo returns him to life.
(d) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
2. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
(a) He is twelve and she is nine.
(b) He is fifteen and she is twelve.
(c) He is nine and she is twelve.
(d) He is twelve and she is fifteen.
3. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
(a) The Argives sack the city-state.
(b) The Spartans sack the city-state.
(c) The Carthagians sack the city-state.
(d) The Persians sack the city-state.
4. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
(a) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one helot.
(b) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one spear.
(c) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one horse.
(d) Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one Darning Needle.
5. What is the purpose of the speech Leonidas gives after this battle?
(a) He congratulates them on their great victory and releases them for a day to pillage the city.
(b) He berates them for their lack of courage and for their weakness.
(c) He thanks the survivors and honors the fallen, while refocusing their attention on the main battle to come.
(d) He congratulates them on the victory, and commends their behavior towards the prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
2. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
3. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
4. What is othismos?
5. Who is Suicide?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)