|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What obstacle separates the two sides of the battleground?
(a) A low stone wall bisects the field.
(b) A swift river runs through the center of the field.
(c) A creek bisects the field.
(d) A palisade bisects the field.
2. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(c) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(d) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
3. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
(a) It is Greek for "hot springs".
(b) It is Greek for "spa".
(c) It is Greek for "hot gates".
(d) It is Egyptian profanity.
4. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
(a) It is mainly mercenaries hired from neighboring kingdoms.
(b) It is mainly well trained regulars, career soldiers.
(c) It is mainly citizen soldiers.
(d) It is an unorganized rabble of bandits and highwaymen.
5. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
(a) They immediately retreat.
(b) They charge recklessly into the melee.
(c) They calmly go about getting ready for battle, and wait for the enemy.
(d) They send some men to sneak around and flank the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
2. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
3. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
4. What is exoterike harmoniea?
5. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)