|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
(b) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
(c) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
(d) They are designed as a way to pass time.
2. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
3. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
(a) They separate when they reach Athens.
(b) They separate at The Crossroads.
(c) They separate at a fork in the road called Three Corners.
(d) They separate just before reaching Sparta.
4. Who are the two narrators of this story?
(a) The scribe and Xeones are the narrators.
(b) There is only one narrator, Xeones.
(c) Ball Player and Rooster are the narrators.
(d) Xerxes and Leonidas are the narrators.
5. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
(a) They fight the Agrives.
(b) They fight the army of Athens.
(c) They fight the Antirhion army.
(d) They fight the Persian army.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what other name is Sparta called?
2. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
3. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
4. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
5. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)