|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
(a) It is Greek for "hot gates".
(b) It is Egyptian profanity.
(c) It is Greek for "spa".
(d) It is Greek for "hot springs".
2. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Hermion dies on the final night.
(b) Dekton dies on the final night.
(c) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(d) Rooster dies on the final night.
3. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(b) They are raised according to Bushido.
(c) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(d) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
4. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Agamemnon.
(b) His name was Steve.
(c) His name was Tommie.
(d) His name was Ptammitechus.
5. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
(a) Due to the violent nature of his death, the spirit of Xeones can not pass on to the world of the dead.
(b) Xeones is to tell the story of the Battle of Thermopylae.
(c) Xeones returns to avenge his people.
(d) Xeones returns to warn the Spartan people that the battle has been lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is oktonyktia?
2. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
3. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
4. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
5. Who is Suicide?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)