|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(b) They are raised according to Bushido.
(c) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(d) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
2. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
3. Who are the two narrators of this story?
(a) Ball Player and Rooster are the narrators.
(b) Xerxes and Leonidas are the narrators.
(c) The scribe and Xeones are the narrators.
(d) There is only one narrator, Xeones.
4. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal a goose.
(b) He is trying to steal a horse.
(c) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
(d) He is trying to steal a chicken.
5. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
(a) They separate at a fork in the road called Three Corners.
(b) They separate at The Crossroads.
(c) They separate just before reaching Sparta.
(d) They separate when they reach Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thermopylae is described as what?
2. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
3. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
4. What obstacle separates the two sides of the battleground?
5. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)