|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to Bushido.
(b) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(c) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(d) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
2. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
(a) They send some men to sneak around and flank the enemy.
(b) They immediately retreat.
(c) They calmly go about getting ready for battle, and wait for the enemy.
(d) They charge recklessly into the melee.
3. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Rooster is his squire.
(b) Suicide is his squire.
(c) Alexandros is his squire.
(d) Xeones is his squire.
4. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) Despite his deep love for her, his ethics stand in the way.
(c) He is already married.
(d) He feels that she was the death of his brother, and wants nothing to do with her.
5. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called The Archer.
(b) He is called Mountain.
(c) He is called Pretty Boy.
(d) He is called Rooster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is panoplia?
2. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
3. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
4. Who were the first soldiers to arrive at Thermopylae?
5. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)