|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
(b) He takes the survivors as slaves.
(c) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
(d) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
2. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
(a) It is mainly mercenaries hired from neighboring kingdoms.
(b) It is mainly citizen soldiers.
(c) It is mainly well trained regulars, career soldiers.
(d) It is an unorganized rabble of bandits and highwaymen.
3. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(b) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(c) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(d) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
4. Who does Diomache take with her?
(a) She takes the dog, Happy.
(b) She takes the dog, Lucky.
(c) She doesn't take anyone.
(d) She takes the old blind slave, Bruxieus.
5. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a swordsman.
(b) He becomes a spearman.
(c) He becomes an archer.
(d) He becomes a general.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
2. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
3. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
4. What is exoterike harmoniea?
5. What is oktonyktia?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)