|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
(a) The Spartans sack the city-state.
(b) The Carthagians sack the city-state.
(c) The Argives sack the city-state.
(d) The Persians sack the city-state.
2. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
(a) The Fate Clotho weaves his thread back into the pattern of life.
(b) He is given an elixir of immortality.
(c) His spirit roams the battlefield until eventually settling back into his body.
(d) Apollo returns him to life.
3. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
(b) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
(c) They are whipped with sticks.
(d) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
4. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(b) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(c) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(d) He is a farmer.
5. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
(a) Xeones is to tell the story of the Battle of Thermopylae.
(b) Xeones returns to warn the Spartan people that the battle has been lost.
(c) Xeones returns to avenge his people.
(d) Due to the violent nature of his death, the spirit of Xeones can not pass on to the world of the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
2. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
3. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
4. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
5. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)