|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means battle rage.
(b) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
(c) Agoge boua means honorable death.
(d) Agoge boua means training platoon.
2. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
(a) He kindly shows the boy the proper way of handling the shield.
(b) He beats the boy senseless.
(c) He bans Alexandros from the practice fields for life.
(d) He puts the boy through a lengthy and humiliating training drill.
3. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Agamemnon.
(b) His name was Steve.
(c) His name was Tommie.
(d) His name was Ptammitechus.
4. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called The Archer.
(b) He is called Mountain.
(c) He is called Pretty Boy.
(d) He is called Rooster.
5. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
(a) He storms off the practice field in disgust.
(b) He sends everyone home for the day.
(c) He reports the boy's failure to his superiors.
(d) He puts all of the boys through the standard shield handling drills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
2. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
3. Why do the Antirhions lose the battle?
4. By what other name is Sparta called?
5. What is panoplia?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)