|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
(a) They sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(b) They sing the hymn to Castor.
(c) They sing praises to the god Apollo.
(d) They sing the Spartan anthem.
2. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
(a) He tells it to a scribe.
(b) He tells it to Lady Arete.
(c) He tells it to Leonidas.
(d) He tells it to Xerxes.
3. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them to never surrender.
(b) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(c) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
(d) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
4. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed as a way to pass time.
(b) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
(c) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
(d) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
5. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means training platoon.
(b) Agoge boua means battle rage.
(c) Agoge boua means honorable death.
(d) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
2. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
3. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
4. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
5. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)