|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(b) They are raised according to Bushido.
(c) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
(d) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
2. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
(a) He tells them to go to Thessaly.
(b) He tells them to go to Athens.
(c) He tells them to go to Sparta.
(d) He tells them to go to Rome.
3. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
(a) Leonidas tries to stop him.
(b) Xeones tries to stop him.
(c) Polynikes tries to stop him.
(d) His mother tries to stop him.
4. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Rooster dies on the final night.
(b) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(c) Dekton dies on the final night.
(d) Hermion dies on the final night.
5. Who does Diomache take with her?
(a) She takes the old blind slave, Bruxieus.
(b) She doesn't take anyone.
(c) She takes the dog, Happy.
(d) She takes the dog, Lucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is oktonyktia?
2. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
3. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
4. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
5. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)