|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Diomache take with her?
(a) She takes the old blind slave, Bruxieus.
(b) She takes the dog, Lucky.
(c) She doesn't take anyone.
(d) She takes the dog, Happy.
2. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
(a) They separate when they reach Athens.
(b) They separate at a fork in the road called Three Corners.
(c) They separate at The Crossroads.
(d) They separate just before reaching Sparta.
3. As Chapter 2 opens, what does Xeones say that the word Thermopylae means?
(a) It is Greek for "hot springs".
(b) It is Egyptian profanity.
(c) It is Greek for "spa".
(d) It is Greek for "hot gates".
4. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
(a) They have had many sons.
(b) They have had three sons.
(c) They have had only daughters.
(d) They have had one son.
5. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
(a) Xeones is from in Astakos.
(b) Xeones is from in Sparta.
(c) Xeones is from in Athens.
(d) Xeones is from a country farm in Akarnania, not a city-state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
2. How do the Spartans view war?
3. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
4. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
5. Who is Dienekes' squire?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)