|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
(a) They take the ferry.
(b) They hire a boat.
(c) They swim.
(d) They go around.
2. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a general.
(b) He becomes a spearman.
(c) He becomes a swordsman.
(d) He becomes an archer.
3. What obstacle separates the two sides of the battleground?
(a) A palisade bisects the field.
(b) A swift river runs through the center of the field.
(c) A low stone wall bisects the field.
(d) A creek bisects the field.
4. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
(a) They fight the Persian army.
(b) They fight the army of Athens.
(c) They fight the Agrives.
(d) They fight the Antirhion army.
5. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
(a) They separate when they reach Athens.
(b) They separate just before reaching Sparta.
(c) They separate at The Crossroads.
(d) They separate at a fork in the road called Three Corners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
2. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
3. Who does Diomache take with her?
4. What does agoge boua mean?
5. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)