|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
(a) They separate at The Crossroads.
(b) They separate just before reaching Sparta.
(c) They separate at a fork in the road called Three Corners.
(d) They separate when they reach Athens.
2. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
3. Who is Diomache?
(a) Diomache is one of the three Fates of Greek mythology.
(b) Diomache is the concubine of Xerxes.
(c) Diomache is the wife of Leonidas.
(d) Diomache is the cousin of Xeones.
4. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
(b) Agoge boua means training platoon.
(c) Agoge boua means battle rage.
(d) Agoge boua means honorable death.
5. How do the Spartans view war?
(a) The Spartans see war as a terrible abomination.
(b) The Spartans see war as a good form of population control.
(c) The Spartans see war to be simply work in the business of killing as many of the enemy as possible.
(d) The Spartans see war as the only way to peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
2. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
3. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
4. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
5. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)