|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
(a) The dogs are Bruno and Flanx.
(b) The dogs are Lucky and Bruno.
(c) The dogs are Leonidas and Xerxes.
(d) The dogs are Happy and Lucky.
2. What is othismos?
(a) Othismos is the euphoria that comes upon the victor after a battle.
(b) Othismos is a field near Sparta where the Spartan boys train.
(c) Othismos is one of the ancient Spartan sacrificial rites.
(d) Othismos is the initial collision on the battlefield and the chaos that follows.
3. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
(a) He reports the boy's failure to his superiors.
(b) He sends everyone home for the day.
(c) He puts all of the boys through the standard shield handling drills.
(d) He storms off the practice field in disgust.
4. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(b) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(c) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(d) He numbers it at about two million men.
5. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
(a) The farmers drive nails through his hands.
(b) The farmers beat him severely.
(c) He is made to pay for what he stole.
(d) The farmers cut off his right hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what other name is Sparta called?
2. How do the Spartans view war?
3. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
4. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
5. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)