|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to Bushido.
(b) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(c) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
(d) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
2. What do the Athenians call the high part of the city?
(a) They call it the royal compound.
(b) They call it The Mound.
(c) They call it the Acropolis.
(d) They call it The Great Hill.
3. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
(d) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
4. Where are the Persians as Chapter 18 opens?
(a) They are a few miles outside of Sparta.
(b) They are in the hills outside of Thessaly.
(c) They are at the Three-Cornered Way in Attika.
(d) They are just leaving Thermopylae.
5. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He takes the survivors as slaves.
(b) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
(c) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
(d) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dienekes tell Alexandros after Polynikes' lecture?
2. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
3. Who stands to defend Athens during the Persian attack?
4. Who vouches for Xeones that he did not overhear details of the raid from the surgeons?
5. What is the half helot's nickname?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)