|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands to defend Athens during the Persian attack?
(a) Athens is defended by the Spartans.
(b) Athens is completely abandoned.
(c) Athens is defended by the full Athenian legions.
(d) Athens is defended by a small band of fanatics only.
2. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
3. Who vouches for Xeones that he did not overhear details of the raid from the surgeons?
(a) King Xerxes trusts Xeones, and declares his words true.
(b) Orontes, captain of the Immortals informs the king that Xeones was never once left alone with them.
(c) Artemisia tells the king that the surgeons would not have known of such an attack.
(d) Mardonius speaks up for Xeones' honor.
4. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
(a) They fight the army of Athens.
(b) They fight the Antirhion army.
(c) They fight the Persian army.
(d) They fight the Agrives.
5. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
(b) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
(c) They are whipped with sticks.
(d) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
2. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
3. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
4. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
5. What are the names of the two dogs that Xeones and Diomache find?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)