|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians?
(a) Only with the Spartans may you defeat the enemy.
(b) The enemy will overrun and destroy you.
(c) Fly to the corners of the earth.
(d) The wooden wall alone shall not fail you.
2. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
(a) He storms off the practice field in disgust.
(b) He sends everyone home for the day.
(c) He reports the boy's failure to his superiors.
(d) He puts all of the boys through the standard shield handling drills.
3. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to Bushido.
(b) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(c) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(d) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
4. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal a chicken.
(b) He is trying to steal a horse.
(c) He is trying to steal a goose.
(d) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
5. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
(a) They sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(b) They sing the Spartan anthem.
(c) They sing the hymn to Castor.
(d) They sing praises to the god Apollo.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
2. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
3. What do the Athenians call the high part of the city?
4. Who is the half helot's father?
5. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)