|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Xerxes, what is the greatest desire of Xeones?
(a) His top priority is to escape Xerxes and return to Sparta with the intelligence that he has picked up in the Persian camp.
(b) His greatest desire is to rejoin his brothers in arms beneath the earth in death.
(c) He only wants to kill Xerxes, even at the cost of his own life.
(d) His desire to tell the story is greater than any other.
2. What is the preferred weapon of Suicide?
(a) He prefers to use a longbow.
(b) He prefers to use his spear, the Eight-footer.
(c) He prefers to use his short javelins, called Darning Needles.
(d) He prefers to use his two short swords.
3. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
(a) He admires Alexandros' courage.
(b) He feels that it is reckless.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He feels like Alexandros should just mind his own business.
4. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans love to fish.
(b) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
(c) Spartans wrestle and run.
(d) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
5. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
(a) He sends everyone home for the day.
(b) He reports the boy's failure to his superiors.
(c) He puts all of the boys through the standard shield handling drills.
(d) He storms off the practice field in disgust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hermion's nickname?
2. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
3. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians?
4. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
5. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)