|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
(a) The king commands from the back of the army where it is safer.
(b) The king remains at the front of the lines, where he can be a part of the action at all times.
(c) The king usually stays at the center of his army, so that his men surround him at all times.
(d) The king does not go with his army, but sends a general in his stead.
2. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
(b) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
(c) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
(d) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
3. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
(a) They swim.
(b) They hire a boat.
(c) They go around.
(d) They take the ferry.
4. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
(a) She is asking about Xerxes.
(b) She is asking about Leonidas.
(c) She is asking about Xeones.
(d) She is asking about Rooster.
5. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
(a) He tells the Egyptian that it is better to live as a slave than to die free.
(b) He tells the Egyptian that freedom must be bought with steel, not gold.
(c) He tells the Egyptian that freedom is a state of mind.
(d) He tells the Egyptian that the only free men are dead men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Xerxes having trouble sleeping?
2. Who is Dienekes' squire?
3. When does Xeones see Xerxes face-to-face before he is summoned?
4. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
5. Who is Suicide?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)