|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Suicide?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a fierce warrior from Syria.
(c) He is an old statesman who sits on the senate.
(d) He is a young fighter from Scythia.
2. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
(a) He learns that Xerxes is going to kill him after he completes his story.
(b) He finds out about the mutilation of king Leonidas' body.
(c) He grows bored with the work.
(d) He realizes that telling Xerxes of Spartan warfare is treason.
3. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
(a) They politely leave the area to avoid overhearing.
(b) They rap their knuckles on the table.
(c) They join Polynikes in berating Alexandros.
(d) They ignore the speech.
4. What obstacle separates the two sides of the battleground?
(a) A creek bisects the field.
(b) A palisade bisects the field.
(c) A swift river runs through the center of the field.
(d) A low stone wall bisects the field.
5. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Hermion dies on the final night.
(b) Rooster dies on the final night.
(c) Dekton dies on the final night.
(d) Alexandros dies on the final night.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what other name is Sparta called?
2. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
3. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
4. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
5. What is the last thing that Xerxes says to Xeones as Chapter 19 closes?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)