|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Hermion dies on the final night.
(b) Rooster dies on the final night.
(c) Dekton dies on the final night.
(d) Alexandros dies on the final night.
2. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(b) He numbers it at about two million men.
(c) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(d) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
3. How many Persians are in the advance force that takes Athens?
(a) There are fifty thousand men.
(b) There are only three hundred.
(c) There are several thousand.
(d) There are twenty thousand.
4. Who is the half helot's father?
(a) His father is a member of the council.
(b) His father is a farmer.
(c) His father is king Leonidas.
(d) His father had been a Spartan soldier.
5. What does Dienekes tell Alexandros after Polynikes' lecture?
(a) He tells the boy that he will eventually outrank Polynikes anyways.
(b) He tells the boy that he will never amount to anything.
(c) He tells the boy that Polynikes is just full of hot air.
(d) He tells the boy that someday he'll be able to dish it right back in Polynikes' face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is oktonyktia?
2. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
3. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
4. What is the half helot's nickname?
5. Who stands to defend Athens during the Persian attack?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)