|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called The Archer.
(b) He is called Mountain.
(c) He is called Rooster.
(d) He is called Pretty Boy.
2. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
3. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
(b) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
(c) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
(d) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
4. What does Xerxes believe about Xeones' story?
(a) He believes it is true, but has no bearing on the battles ahead.
(b) He believes it all to be lies.
(c) He believes that it is true and pertinent to the war efforts.
(d) He finds it entertaining, but is unsure of its truth.
5. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(b) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(c) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
(d) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the half helot's nickname?
2. Who is Suicide?
3. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
4. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
5. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)