|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to Bushido.
(b) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(c) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(d) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
2. What is the half helot's nickname?
(a) His nickname is Bob.
(b) His nickname is Rooster.
(c) His nickname is Dog.
(d) His nickname is Suicide.
3. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
(a) He realizes that telling Xerxes of Spartan warfare is treason.
(b) He grows bored with the work.
(c) He learns that Xerxes is going to kill him after he completes his story.
(d) He finds out about the mutilation of king Leonidas' body.
4. Why is Xerxes having trouble sleeping?
(a) He has contracted a terrible illness from one of the injured soldiers.
(b) He is being plagued by nightmares and guilt over the desecration of Leonidas' body.
(c) He has dysentery.
(d) He cannot sleep after the slaughter of battle.
5. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Rooster is his squire.
(b) Alexandros is his squire.
(c) Suicide is his squire.
(d) Xeones is his squire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment do Alexandros and Xeones receive?
2. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
3. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
4. What is othismos?
5. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)