|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
(a) He becomes a spearman.
(b) He becomes a swordsman.
(c) He becomes an archer.
(d) He becomes a general.
2. How do the Spartans count their dead?
(a) They each have half of a twig with their names on them, and the other half is in a basket. After the battle, they all match their halves to the others in the basket and count the remaining twigs.
(b) The senior surviving officer calls out the names of the soldiers, and who ever doesn't answer is counted as dead.
(c) They walk the field of battle and count the dead.
(d) They stand in formation and count off.
3. Who is the half helot's father?
(a) His father is king Leonidas.
(b) His father is a member of the council.
(c) His father had been a Spartan soldier.
(d) His father is a farmer.
4. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is too old.
(c) She has a large scar on her face.
(d) She was raped.
5. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
(b) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
(c) They are designed as a way to pass time.
(d) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is exoterike harmoniea?
2. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
3. What does Xerxes believe about Xeones' story?
4. How many Persians are in the advance force that takes Athens?
5. Who vouches for Xeones that he did not overhear details of the raid from the surgeons?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)