|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Paraleio?
(a) She is the wife of Xerxes.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is the cousin of Xeones.
(d) She is the mother of Alexandros.
2. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
(a) He says that there are seven hundred.
(b) He says that there are several thousand.
(c) He says that there are twenty-five.
(d) He says that there are fourteen hundred.
3. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
(a) It is the Persian general Mardonius.
(b) It is the lady Artemisia.
(c) It is the traitor, Rooster.
(d) It is king Xerxes.
4. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
(a) He bans Alexandros from the practice fields for life.
(b) He beats the boy senseless.
(c) He kindly shows the boy the proper way of handling the shield.
(d) He puts the boy through a lengthy and humiliating training drill.
5. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
(a) She was raped.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She has a large scar on her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does agoge boua mean?
2. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
3. Why do the Spartans use that method to count their dead?
4. Who does Diomache take with her?
5. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)