|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Artemisia tell Xerxes that he cannot leave the field of battle?
(a) She tells Xerxes that by returning to Persia, he would be missing a grand show in the defeat of the Greeks.
(b) The Persians have no hope of taking Greece without their king.
(c) She tells him that if he leaves after the Oracle spoke to the Spartans, that all of Greece would say that he was running from a dream.
(d) If Xerxes leaves his army in the hands of a general, the general might return victorious from Greece only to take over the empire for himself.
2. Why does Polynikes feel that Spartans are superior to any other people?
(a) He feels that the gods show more favor to the Spartans than to anyone else.
(b) He says that the Spartans are far more intelligent than anyone else.
(c) He says that they are better because of war and manly valor.
(d) He feels that all men are equal.
3. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(b) They are raised according to Bushido.
(c) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
(d) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
4. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
(a) She is asking about Xerxes.
(b) She is asking about Xeones.
(c) She is asking about Rooster.
(d) She is asking about Leonidas.
5. Where is Rooster's mother's city?
(a) His mother's city is Antirhion.
(b) His mother's city is Messenia.
(c) His mother's city is Sparta.
(d) His mother's city is Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Suicide?
2. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
3. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
4. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
5. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)