|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
(a) He becomes the squire of Xerxes.
(b) He becomes the squire of Leonidas.
(c) He became the squire of Dienekes.
(d) He becomes the squire of Olympieus.
2. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians?
(a) Fly to the corners of the earth.
(b) Only with the Spartans may you defeat the enemy.
(c) The wooden wall alone shall not fail you.
(d) The enemy will overrun and destroy you.
3. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
(a) He comes to have the Greek submit to him, and to have them offer him earth and water.
(b) He comes to conquer the land for natural resources.
(c) He comes to avenge the death of his father.
(d) He comes to plunder the riches of Greece.
4. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
(a) The farmers cut off his right hand.
(b) He is made to pay for what he stole.
(c) The farmers beat him severely.
(d) The farmers drive nails through his hands.
5. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
(a) They have had many sons.
(b) They have had three sons.
(c) They have had only daughters.
(d) They have had one son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
2. What causes Xeones to continue the story?
3. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
4. What does Xerxes believe about Xeones' story?
5. What point does the author illustrate in these battle scenes about ancient warfare?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)