|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Spartans count their dead?
(a) They stand in formation and count off.
(b) They each have half of a twig with their names on them, and the other half is in a basket. After the battle, they all match their halves to the others in the basket and count the remaining twigs.
(c) The senior surviving officer calls out the names of the soldiers, and who ever doesn't answer is counted as dead.
(d) They walk the field of battle and count the dead.
2. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Pretty Boy.
(b) He is called Mountain.
(c) He is called The Archer.
(d) He is called Rooster.
3. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(b) He numbers it at about two million men.
(c) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(d) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
4. Who vouches for Xeones that he did not overhear details of the raid from the surgeons?
(a) Artemisia tells the king that the surgeons would not have known of such an attack.
(b) Orontes, captain of the Immortals informs the king that Xeones was never once left alone with them.
(c) King Xerxes trusts Xeones, and declares his words true.
(d) Mardonius speaks up for Xeones' honor.
5. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
(a) He tells Polynikes that the battle made him sick.
(b) He tells Polynikes that he was amused by the ease with which they defeated the enemy.
(c) He tells Polynikes that he experienced a bloodlust during the battle.
(d) He tells Polynikes that the battle didn't effect him at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
2. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
3. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
4. What is othismos?
5. For what is Xeones punished after the battle at Antirhion?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)