|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Pretty Boy.
(b) He is called The Archer.
(c) He is called Mountain.
(d) He is called Rooster.
2. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
(a) She convinces them that whatever the father might have done, it is no fault of the child's.
(b) She and her husband swear that the child is his, and not Rooster's.
(c) She pays bribes to them to allow the child to go.
(d) She kidnaps the child and flees Sparta.
3. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Xeones is his squire.
(b) Rooster is his squire.
(c) Alexandros is his squire.
(d) Suicide is his squire.
4. What is Olympieus doing when he is killed by an arrow?
(a) He is sharpening his sword blade.
(b) He is fighting on the field of battle.
(c) He is writing in his journal.
(d) He is sleeping.
5. What does Lady Arete's letter to Diomache say?
(a) The letter is to free Diomache from her service at the temple.
(b) The letter says that Xeones' death will be honored.
(c) The letter says that Xeones is free from his service and may marry Diomache.
(d) The letter is a personal letter between old friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
2. What oath does Alexandros swear the night of Rooster's trial?
3. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
4. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
5. What does agoge boua mean?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)