|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Arete's letter to Diomache say?
(a) The letter is to free Diomache from her service at the temple.
(b) The letter says that Xeones is free from his service and may marry Diomache.
(c) The letter says that Xeones' death will be honored.
(d) The letter is a personal letter between old friends.
2. When the dog chases the rabbit between the two armies and then kills it, what do the Greeks think it means?
(a) They take it as a sign that they will be victorious.
(b) They find it amusing and take it as good entertainment.
(c) They take it as a sign that the Persians will overpower them.
(d) They think that the dog crushing the rabbit in its jaws signifies the empire of Persia crushing Greece.
3. What is mothax?
(a) It is freedom from taxes.
(b) It is a golden metal awarded for valor.
(c) It is the highest title of honor for Spartans.
(d) It is the grade of warrior youths somewhere between full citizen and helot.
4. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans wrestle and run.
(b) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
(c) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
(d) Spartans love to fish.
5. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
(a) Polynikes tries to stop him.
(b) Xeones tries to stop him.
(c) His mother tries to stop him.
(d) Leonidas tries to stop him.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the krypteia have their way, how is Rooster to be punished for rejecting the offer?
2. When does Darius of Persia die?
3. Who does Xeones marry?
4. What is Olympieus doing when he is killed by an arrow?
5. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)