|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is panoplia?
(a) It is an eight night training exercise.
(b) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(c) It is the lake near Sparta.
(d) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
2. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
(a) Ares appears to her.
(b) Persephone appears to her.
(c) Zeus appears to her.
(d) Apollo appears to her.
3. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
(a) He sends everyone home for the day.
(b) He puts all of the boys through the standard shield handling drills.
(c) He storms off the practice field in disgust.
(d) He reports the boy's failure to his superiors.
4. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans wrestle and run.
(b) Spartans love to fish.
(c) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
(d) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
5. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rooster originally feel about Alexandros?
2. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
3. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
4. What does Lady Arete's letter to Diomache say?
5. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)