|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
(a) Xerxes is Xeones' sparring partner.
(b) Alexandros is Xeones' sparring partner.
(c) Rooster is Xeones' sparring partner.
(d) Polynikes is Xeones' sparring partner.
2. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
(a) Polynikes and four assassins of the krypteia came for him.
(b) The royal guard came for him.
(c) No one comes for him.
(d) Twenty Peers come for him.
3. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Suicide is his squire.
(b) Alexandros is his squire.
(c) Rooster is his squire.
(d) Xeones is his squire.
4. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
(a) He says that all a man wants is a good woman.
(b) He says that all a man wants is to die with honor.
(c) He says that all a man wants is to live.
(d) He says that all a man wants is wealth.
5. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it aphobia.
(b) They call it phobology.
(c) They call it phobologiea.
(d) They call it the void.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
2. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
3. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
4. What is mothax?
5. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)