|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are twenty thousand.
(b) There are two million.
(c) There are three thousand.
(d) There are three hundred.
2. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
(a) He has three daughters.
(b) He has a son and a daughter who are twins.
(c) He has twin sons and then a daughter.
(d) He has twin sons.
3. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians to do about the Persian invasion?
(a) The Oracle tells them to remain neutral.
(b) The Oracle tells them to stand and fight for their freedom.
(c) The Oracle tells them to fly to the ends of the earth.
(d) The Oracle tells them to bargain with Persia.
4. What is othismos?
(a) Othismos is one of the ancient Spartan sacrificial rites.
(b) Othismos is the initial collision on the battlefield and the chaos that follows.
(c) Othismos is the euphoria that comes upon the victor after a battle.
(d) Othismos is a field near Sparta where the Spartan boys train.
5. In Chapter 28, which Persian deserter asks for Xeones by name?
(a) Xerxes asks for him.
(b) Tommie asks for him.
(c) Elephantinos asks for him.
(d) Rooster asks for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
2. What does agoge boua mean?
3. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
4. When does Darius of Persia die?
5. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)