|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
(a) Zeus appears to her.
(b) Apollo appears to her.
(c) Persephone appears to her.
(d) Ares appears to her.
2. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
(a) Polynikes is Xeones' sparring partner.
(b) Rooster is Xeones' sparring partner.
(c) Xerxes is Xeones' sparring partner.
(d) Alexandros is Xeones' sparring partner.
3. If the krypteia have their way, how is Rooster to be punished for rejecting the offer?
(a) He is to be allowed to go free.
(b) He and his family are to be put to death.
(c) He is to be sold into slavery.
(d) He is to be stripped of all rank and weapons and thrown out of the army.
4. What oath does Alexandros swear the night of Rooster's trial?
(a) He swears that Rooster will never be seen again.
(b) He swears that he will carry out the orders of the krypteis give him.
(c) He swears that if ever Rooster meets them on the field of battle, that he will slay Rooster himself.
(d) He swears that he will show mercy on Rooster in honor of their friendship.
5. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
(a) He is taking the child to protect him from the others.
(b) He is inspecting the child to see if he will be allowed to live.
(c) He wants to have a look at the child.
(d) He is stealing the child so that he can kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Persian forces surround the Greeks?
2. Why do the Spartans decide to send only three hundred soldiers to Thermopylae?
3. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
4. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
5. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)