|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of an all-sire unit?
(a) When they die, their sons can then be conscripted.
(b) While they are away on campaign, their sons can take care of the home.
(c) When they die, they will have living male heirs to carry on their names.
(d) An ancient belief forbids Spartans from sending men into battle who have not yet fathered a son.
2. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
(a) He wants to have a look at the child.
(b) He is inspecting the child to see if he will be allowed to live.
(c) He is stealing the child so that he can kill him.
(d) He is taking the child to protect him from the others.
3. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it the void.
(b) They call it phobologiea.
(c) They call it phobology.
(d) They call it aphobia.
4. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
(a) He is beaten with wooden rods.
(b) He is exiled and sent to the Persians.
(c) He is absolved of his crime.
(d) He is slain by the krypteia.
5. How many children does Xeones father?
(a) He has two daughters.
(b) He only has one child, a son.
(c) He has two sons.
(d) He has a son and a daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Arete's letter to Diomache say?
2. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
3. What is exoterike harmoniea?
4. What two groups fight the first encounter?
5. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)