|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
(a) He is slain by the krypteia.
(b) He is absolved of his crime.
(c) He is beaten with wooden rods.
(d) He is exiled and sent to the Persians.
2. If the krypteia have their way, how is Rooster to be punished for rejecting the offer?
(a) He is to be stripped of all rank and weapons and thrown out of the army.
(b) He is to be allowed to go free.
(c) He is to be sold into slavery.
(d) He and his family are to be put to death.
3. What is the purpose of an all-sire unit?
(a) An ancient belief forbids Spartans from sending men into battle who have not yet fathered a son.
(b) When they die, they will have living male heirs to carry on their names.
(c) When they die, their sons can then be conscripted.
(d) While they are away on campaign, their sons can take care of the home.
4. What does the merchant's sign say?
(a) It says "The best service in all the land."
(b) It says "The best service only for you, my friend."
(c) It says "The best service in all of Greece."
(d) It says "The best service only for you, my foreskin."
5. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
(a) He is inspecting the child to see if he will be allowed to live.
(b) He is taking the child to protect him from the others.
(c) He is stealing the child so that he can kill him.
(d) He wants to have a look at the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
2. What two groups fight the first encounter?
3. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
4. What nation is the second to assault the Greeks?
5. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)