|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
(a) The king commands from the back of the army where it is safer.
(b) The king remains at the front of the lines, where he can be a part of the action at all times.
(c) The king usually stays at the center of his army, so that his men surround him at all times.
(d) The king does not go with his army, but sends a general in his stead.
2. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
(a) She pays bribes to them to allow the child to go.
(b) She and her husband swear that the child is his, and not Rooster's.
(c) She kidnaps the child and flees Sparta.
(d) She convinces them that whatever the father might have done, it is no fault of the child's.
3. In Chapter 28, which Persian deserter asks for Xeones by name?
(a) Tommie asks for him.
(b) Rooster asks for him.
(c) Elephantinos asks for him.
(d) Xerxes asks for him.
4. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
(b) Agoge boua means training platoon.
(c) Agoge boua means battle rage.
(d) Agoge boua means honorable death.
5. Alexandros wants to go to battle with the older Spartans. Who tries to stop him?
(a) Xeones tries to stop him.
(b) Leonidas tries to stop him.
(c) Polynikes tries to stop him.
(d) His mother tries to stop him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
2. Other than Ball Player and the dog, who is the other volunteer?
3. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
4. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
5. What does Lady Arete's letter to Diomache say?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)