|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
(a) He kindly shows the boy the proper way of handling the shield.
(b) He bans Alexandros from the practice fields for life.
(c) He puts the boy through a lengthy and humiliating training drill.
(d) He beats the boy senseless.
2. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
(a) He says that all a man wants is to live.
(b) He says that all a man wants is a good woman.
(c) He says that all a man wants is wealth.
(d) He says that all a man wants is to die with honor.
3. How does Rooster originally feel about Alexandros?
(a) He feels that Alexandros is far braver than he will ever be.
(b) He feels that he is braver and a better warrior than Alexandros, and he hates him.
(c) He feels that Alexandros is a good friend who will always be loyal to him.
(d) He loves Alexandros as his own brother, and would allow no harm to come to him.
4. What is panoplia?
(a) It is the lake near Sparta.
(b) It is the armor and shield that each soldier must carry.
(c) It is the final right of passage from boyhood to adult status.
(d) It is an eight night training exercise.
5. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
(a) Rooster is his friend.
(b) Rooster is his brother's bastard son.
(c) Rooster is not related to Dienekes.
(d) Rooster is his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hermion's nickname?
2. Who does Xeones marry?
3. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
4. How do the Persian forces surround the Greeks?
5. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)