|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Spartans decide to send only three hundred soldiers to Thermopylae?
(a) The Spartan senate refuses to send troops to Thermopylae, and the three hundred are the only volunteers.
(b) The Spartans do not feel that the Persians are a real threat to them, so three hundred should more than suffice.
(c) A larger force would not have room to fight, and would cause supply problems.
(d) The three hundred is only the advance force meant to hold off the Persians long enough for the main force to arrive.
2. What is Olympieus doing when he is killed by an arrow?
(a) He is writing in his journal.
(b) He is sharpening his sword blade.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is fighting on the field of battle.
3. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
(a) Rooster is Xeones' sparring partner.
(b) Alexandros is Xeones' sparring partner.
(c) Xerxes is Xeones' sparring partner.
(d) Polynikes is Xeones' sparring partner.
4. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
(a) He tells them to fight with valor, and die a warrior's death.
(b) He tells them that they should abandon the army and join the Persians, just like him.
(c) He tells them that they should desert and return home, because the Spartans would be overrun by the next day.
(d) He tells them that he knows of a way to get a dozen men to the tent of the Persian king.
5. Who does Xeones marry?
(a) He marries Agathe.
(b) He marries arete.
(c) He marries Thereia.
(d) He marries Diomache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is exoterike harmoniea?
2. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
3. When does Darius of Persia die?
4. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
5. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)