|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than Ball Player and the dog, who is the other volunteer?
(a) The other volunteer is Olaph, the wandering Arab.
(b) The other volunteer is Minoas, a traitor from the Persian army.
(c) He is a merchant from Miletus, and his name is Elephantinos.
(d) Tommie the Egyptian joined the Greeks.
2. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
(a) He is slain by the krypteia.
(b) He is beaten with wooden rods.
(c) He is absolved of his crime.
(d) He is exiled and sent to the Persians.
3. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
(a) He puts all of the boys through the standard shield handling drills.
(b) He reports the boy's failure to his superiors.
(c) He storms off the practice field in disgust.
(d) He sends everyone home for the day.
4. What is the purpose of an all-sire unit?
(a) When they die, they will have living male heirs to carry on their names.
(b) When they die, their sons can then be conscripted.
(c) An ancient belief forbids Spartans from sending men into battle who have not yet fathered a son.
(d) While they are away on campaign, their sons can take care of the home.
5. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
(a) He breaks the Persian line.
(b) He rescues Olympieus.
(c) He defeats an armed Persian with his bare hands.
(d) He captures an enemy officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the dog chases the rabbit between the two armies and then kills it, what do the Greeks think it means?
2. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
3. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
4. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
5. What is exoterike harmoniea?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)