|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
(a) Hermion dies on the final night.
(b) Alexandros dies on the final night.
(c) Dekton dies on the final night.
(d) Rooster dies on the final night.
2. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
(a) He breaks the Persian line.
(b) He captures an enemy officer.
(c) He defeats an armed Persian with his bare hands.
(d) He rescues Olympieus.
3. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
(b) Agoge boua means honorable death.
(c) Agoge boua means training platoon.
(d) Agoge boua means battle rage.
4. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
5. Why do the Spartans decide to send only three hundred soldiers to Thermopylae?
(a) The three hundred is only the advance force meant to hold off the Persians long enough for the main force to arrive.
(b) The Spartans do not feel that the Persians are a real threat to them, so three hundred should more than suffice.
(c) A larger force would not have room to fight, and would cause supply problems.
(d) The Spartan senate refuses to send troops to Thermopylae, and the three hundred are the only volunteers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
2. In Chapter 28, which Persian deserter asks for Xeones by name?
3. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
4. What is panoplia?
5. What oath does Alexandros swear the night of Rooster's trial?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)