|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
(a) They sing the hymn to Castor.
(b) They sing praises to the god Apollo.
(c) They sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(d) They sing the Spartan anthem.
2. What is mothax?
(a) It is a golden metal awarded for valor.
(b) It is freedom from taxes.
(c) It is the grade of warrior youths somewhere between full citizen and helot.
(d) It is the highest title of honor for Spartans.
3. What oath does Alexandros swear the night of Rooster's trial?
(a) He swears that Rooster will never be seen again.
(b) He swears that he will carry out the orders of the krypteis give him.
(c) He swears that if ever Rooster meets them on the field of battle, that he will slay Rooster himself.
(d) He swears that he will show mercy on Rooster in honor of their friendship.
4. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Xeones is his squire.
(b) Alexandros is his squire.
(c) Suicide is his squire.
(d) Rooster is his squire.
5. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
(b) Spartans wrestle and run.
(c) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
(d) Spartans love to fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Persian forces surround the Greeks?
2. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
3. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
4. What nation is the second to assault the Greeks?
5. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)