|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
(a) No one comes for him.
(b) The royal guard came for him.
(c) Polynikes and four assassins of the krypteia came for him.
(d) Twenty Peers come for him.
2. What is othismos?
(a) Othismos is the euphoria that comes upon the victor after a battle.
(b) Othismos is a field near Sparta where the Spartan boys train.
(c) Othismos is the initial collision on the battlefield and the chaos that follows.
(d) Othismos is one of the ancient Spartan sacrificial rites.
3. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Xeones is his squire.
(b) Suicide is his squire.
(c) Alexandros is his squire.
(d) Rooster is his squire.
4. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
(a) She and her husband swear that the child is his, and not Rooster's.
(b) She pays bribes to them to allow the child to go.
(c) She convinces them that whatever the father might have done, it is no fault of the child's.
(d) She kidnaps the child and flees Sparta.
5. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called The Archer.
(b) He is called Mountain.
(c) He is called Rooster.
(d) He is called Pretty Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
2. What does Polynikes do after dealing with Alexandros?
3. Other than Ball Player and the dog, who is the other volunteer?
4. What is oktonyktia?
5. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)