|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
(a) He breaks the Persian line.
(b) He defeats an armed Persian with his bare hands.
(c) He captures an enemy officer.
(d) He rescues Olympieus.
2. How do the Persian forces surround the Greeks?
(a) They sail around and march up from behind.
(b) They go around the mountain.
(c) They sneak around the Greeks during the night.
(d) They are told of a moutain pass by a Greek traitor.
3. What is Olympieus doing when he is killed by an arrow?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He is sharpening his sword blade.
(c) He is fighting on the field of battle.
(d) He is writing in his journal.
4. When the dog chases the rabbit between the two armies and then kills it, what do the Greeks think it means?
(a) They take it as a sign that the Persians will overpower them.
(b) They take it as a sign that they will be victorious.
(c) They think that the dog crushing the rabbit in its jaws signifies the empire of Persia crushing Greece.
(d) They find it amusing and take it as good entertainment.
5. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it phobology.
(b) They call it the void.
(c) They call it aphobia.
(d) They call it phobologiea.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
2. What does agoge boua mean?
3. What does Lady Arete's letter to Diomache say?
4. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
5. What is oktonyktia?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)