|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
(a) He wants to have a look at the child.
(b) He is stealing the child so that he can kill him.
(c) He is inspecting the child to see if he will be allowed to live.
(d) He is taking the child to protect him from the others.
2. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans wrestle and run.
(b) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
(c) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
(d) Spartans love to fish.
3. If the krypteia have their way, how is Rooster to be punished for rejecting the offer?
(a) He is to be stripped of all rank and weapons and thrown out of the army.
(b) He and his family are to be put to death.
(c) He is to be sold into slavery.
(d) He is to be allowed to go free.
4. What does the merchant's sign say?
(a) It says "The best service only for you, my foreskin."
(b) It says "The best service only for you, my friend."
(c) It says "The best service in all the land."
(d) It says "The best service in all of Greece."
5. What two groups fight the first encounter?
(a) The Thespians fight the Medes.
(b) The Thespians fight the Armenians.
(c) The Spartans fight the Persians.
(d) The Spartans fight the Egyptians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
2. How many children does Xeones father?
3. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
4. What is othismos?
5. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)