|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the merchant's sign say?
(a) It says "The best service in all the land."
(b) It says "The best service only for you, my foreskin."
(c) It says "The best service only for you, my friend."
(d) It says "The best service in all of Greece."
2. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
(a) They sing praises to the god Apollo.
(b) They sing the Spartan anthem.
(c) They sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(d) They sing the hymn to Castor.
3. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
(a) He says that all a man wants is wealth.
(b) He says that all a man wants is a good woman.
(c) He says that all a man wants is to live.
(d) He says that all a man wants is to die with honor.
4. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians to do about the Persian invasion?
(a) The Oracle tells them to stand and fight for their freedom.
(b) The Oracle tells them to fly to the ends of the earth.
(c) The Oracle tells them to bargain with Persia.
(d) The Oracle tells them to remain neutral.
5. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
(a) The royal guard came for him.
(b) Twenty Peers come for him.
(c) Polynikes and four assassins of the krypteia came for him.
(d) No one comes for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
2. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
3. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
4. How many children does Xeones father?
5. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)