|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two groups fight the first encounter?
(a) The Thespians fight the Medes.
(b) The Spartans fight the Persians.
(c) The Spartans fight the Egyptians.
(d) The Thespians fight the Armenians.
2. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
(a) He rescues Olympieus.
(b) He defeats an armed Persian with his bare hands.
(c) He breaks the Persian line.
(d) He captures an enemy officer.
3. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
(a) Polynikes and four assassins of the krypteia came for him.
(b) No one comes for him.
(c) Twenty Peers come for him.
(d) The royal guard came for him.
4. Who is Dienekes' squire?
(a) Alexandros is his squire.
(b) Xeones is his squire.
(c) Suicide is his squire.
(d) Rooster is his squire.
5. When the dog chases the rabbit between the two armies and then kills it, what do the Greeks think it means?
(a) They think that the dog crushing the rabbit in its jaws signifies the empire of Persia crushing Greece.
(b) They take it as a sign that the Persians will overpower them.
(c) They find it amusing and take it as good entertainment.
(d) They take it as a sign that they will be victorious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
2. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
3. What is exoterike harmoniea?
4. In Chapter 9, who dies on the final night of the training exercise?
5. If the krypteia have their way, how is Rooster to be punished for rejecting the offer?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)