|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is othismos?
(a) Othismos is the initial collision on the battlefield and the chaos that follows.
(b) Othismos is one of the ancient Spartan sacrificial rites.
(c) Othismos is a field near Sparta where the Spartan boys train.
(d) Othismos is the euphoria that comes upon the victor after a battle.
2. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
(a) Rooster is his brother's bastard son.
(b) Rooster is not related to Dienekes.
(c) Rooster is his friend.
(d) Rooster is his son.
3. What does the merchant's sign say?
(a) It says "The best service in all the land."
(b) It says "The best service only for you, my foreskin."
(c) It says "The best service in all of Greece."
(d) It says "The best service only for you, my friend."
4. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
(b) Spartans wrestle and run.
(c) Spartans love to fish.
(d) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
5. When does Darius of Persia die?
(a) He dies during the battle at Antirhion.
(b) He dies on the Ides of March.
(c) He dies three years before the battle at Antirhion.
(d) He dies three years after the battle at Antirhion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Xeones father?
2. In Chapter 29, what does Xeones say is the only thing a man really wants?
3. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
4. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
5. What is Olympieus doing when he is killed by an arrow?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)