|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Xeones marry?
(a) He marries Agathe.
(b) He marries Thereia.
(c) He marries Diomache.
(d) He marries arete.
2. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians to do about the Persian invasion?
(a) The Oracle tells them to stand and fight for their freedom.
(b) The Oracle tells them to bargain with Persia.
(c) The Oracle tells them to remain neutral.
(d) The Oracle tells them to fly to the ends of the earth.
3. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
(a) They are raised according to Bushido.
(b) They are raised according to the code of Chivalry.
(c) They are raised according to the Lykurgan warrior code.
(d) They are raised according to the code of Hammurabi.
4. What is exoterike harmoniea?
(a) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of union with one's fellows.
(b) Exoterike harmoniea is the musical harmony of a multistringed instrument.
(c) Exoterike harmoniea is a composition dedicated to the gods.
(d) Exoterike harmoniea is a state of self composure attained through the control of fear.
5. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are two million.
(b) There are twenty thousand.
(c) There are three thousand.
(d) There are three hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hermion's nickname?
2. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
3. What oath does Alexandros swear the night of Rooster's trial?
4. What is mothax?
5. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)