Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
2. Who sent the ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
3. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
4. Who rules the Island of Cheli in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. What is abstracted from France by the virtue of the Decretals?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Pantagruel and identify the characteristics which make him the protagonist of the novel. What qualities does Pantagruel exhibit?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the critical and public response of "Pantagruel". What does Rabelais write in his introductions to "Gargantua" that implies the first novel was controversial? Was it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of "Pantagruel". During what time period does the story take place? How realistic are the locations and the people of the narrative?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)