Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
2. Who sent the ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
3. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
4. Who rules the Island of Cheli in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. What is abstracted from France by the virtue of the Decretals?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the allusions to Virgil, Lucian, Plato and Cicero in the narrative. Why does Pantagruel suggest Panurge refer to Virgil for his answer about marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss humanist law and philosophy, and the arguments presented in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-three through Forty-four. How does Bridoye define law?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss astrology and astronomy in the sixteenth century and how these are reflected in the novels of the collection. How much regard was given to astrologers during this time?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)