|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
2. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
(a) Human judgments.
(d) International government.
3. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) King Panigon.
(c) King Anarch.
(d) Frere Jean.
4. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(a) The Carthanan.
(b) The Gargantua.
(c) The Chelidoine.
(d) The Thalamege.
5. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
(a) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rules the Island of Cheli in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. Near what island do Pantagruel's ships sail in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-six?
3. In Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven, Panurge tells Aedituus the fable of the ass who renounces the what?
4. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the physician suggest to Panurge in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three? What about the philosopher?
2. Who discusses the Decretals with Pantagruel? What is related of them?
3. Where does Pantagruel travel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Seven through Ten?
4. Where is Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One? Where does he depart?
5. When was the Fifth Book of Pantagruel published? What is said about it in the Introductions and Prologue?
6. What islands does Pantagruel pass in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Nine through Eleven?
7. What does Panurge decipher from his dreams in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen? How does Pantagruel interpret the dream?
8. What takes place in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-six through the end of the novel?
9. What do the tribe of Procureers and Chicanous do for a living? What story does Panurge relate of them?
10. Who is the character of Catty-Claws? What riddle does he ask?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)