|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A lover.
(b) A physician.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A philosopher.
2. What is the name of the hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) Messer Gaster.
3. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
4. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Religious allusion.
(b) Plot structure.
5. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) A crown.
(c) A bag.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pantagruel and his men bestow on Homenaz before leaving in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
2. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
3. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)