|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
2. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
(a) King Henry of England.
(b) Queen Quintessence.
(c) King Henry of France.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
3. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(a) Island of the Papefigues.
(b) The Island of Ruach.
(d) Ringing Island.
4. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
5. Who is eulogized in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue?
(b) Princess of Avalon of France.
(c) Queen Marguerite de Navarre of France.
(d) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
2. In Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven, Panurge tells Aedituus the fable of the ass who renounces the what?
3. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
4. What is abstracted from France by the virtue of the Decretals?
5. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the character of Catty-Claws? What riddle does he ask?
2. With whom does Pantagruel almost fight in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five? What happens?
3. What do the tribe of Procureers and Chicanous do for a living? What story does Panurge relate of them?
4. Where is Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One? Where does he depart?
5. What does the physician suggest to Panurge in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three? What about the philosopher?
6. What takes place in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-six through the end of the novel?
7. What leads Pantagruel and Panurge to the Dive Bouteille?
8. What does Pantagruel speak of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Forty-three and Forty-four?
9. When was the Fifth Book of Pantagruel published? What is said about it in the Introductions and Prologue?
10. What islands does Pantagruel pass in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Nine through Eleven?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)