|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) A queen.
(b) A fool.
(c) A monk.
(d) A witch.
2. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
(a) Queen Quintessence.
(b) King Henry of France.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) King Henry of England.
4. What do Pantagruel and Panurge decide to visit for advice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) The Wall of China.
(b) The future.
(c) The Hall of Homer.
(d) The Dive Bouteille.
5. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) Messer Gaster.
(c) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel send to learn the reason for the Chidlings animosity in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
4. Who is the Master Aedituus of Ringing Island?
5. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Pantagruel and his men find on Ringing Island in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters One and Two?
2. Where does Pantagruel set out in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Twenty-eight through Thirty?
3. What do Pantagruel and his men encounter at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Seventeen and Eighteen?
4. What do Pantagruel and his men hear at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five? What becomes of the sound?
5. What does the physician suggest to Panurge in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three? What about the philosopher?
6. When was the Fourth Book of Pantagruel written? What introductions precede it?
7. With whom does Pantagruel almost fight in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five? What happens?
8. What does Pantagruel speak of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Forty-three and Forty-four?
9. What do the inhabitants of Ruach ingest? What conversation does Pantagruel have with their king?
10. Who is the character of Catty-Claws? What riddle does he ask?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)