|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says in the Fifth Book of Pantagruel, "in this world, there are more bollocks than men"?
2. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(a) Messer Gaster.
(b) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
(c) King Anarch.
3. The hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One subjects the men to what before admitting them to the island?
(a) Two fasts.
(b) Four fasts.
(d) Feats of strength.
4. Gaster tells Pantagruel how he invented the means of gathering and conserving what in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two?
5. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Master Aedituus of Ringing Island?
2. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
3. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
4. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
5. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Pantagruel and his men find on the Island of Papefigues?
2. What takes place in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-six through the end of the novel?
3. Where does Pantagruel travel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Seven through Ten?
4. What do Pantagruel and his men encounter at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Seventeen and Eighteen?
5. Who discusses the Decretals with Pantagruel? What is related of them?
6. Who does Panurge buy a sheep from in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Six? What incident follows?
7. When was the Fifth Book of Pantagruel published? What is said about it in the Introductions and Prologue?
8. Who does Pantagruel convince Panurge to see in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
9. Who is the character of Catty-Claws? What riddle does he ask?
10. What islands does Pantagruel pass in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Nine through Eleven?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)