|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(a) The Island of Ruach.
(c) Island of the Papefigues.
(d) Ringing Island.
2. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Frere Jean.
(c) King Panigon.
(d) King Anarch.
3. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) The Sybil.
4. What is the name of the hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(c) Messer Gaster.
5. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
2. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
3. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
4. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
5. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pantagruel speak of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Forty-three and Forty-four?
2. Where does Pantagruel travel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Seven through Ten?
3. What do Pantagruel and his men find on the Island of Papefigues?
4. Who does Panurge buy a sheep from in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Six? What incident follows?
5. What islands does Pantagruel pass in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Nine through Eleven?
6. Who does Pantagruel convince Panurge to see in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
7. With whom does Pantagruel almost fight in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five? What happens?
8. What does the physician suggest to Panurge in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three? What about the philosopher?
9. What hearing does Pantagruel attend in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight? What is revealed there?
10. When was the Fifth Book of Pantagruel published? What is said about it in the Introductions and Prologue?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)