|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
(a) The Story of Seigneur de Basche and Chicanous.
(b) The Story of Aphrodite and Eros.
(c) The Story of the Thelemites and Chicanous.
(d) The Story of Thelemas and Helen.
2. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
(a) The Cardinal de Chatillon.
(b) King Henry of France.
(c) Prince William II.
(d) The Thalamege.
3. What does Homenaz give Pantagruel and his men in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
4. What island encountered by Pantagruel is uninhabited but weapons grow from the plants?
(a) The Island of Ironmongery.
(b) The Island of Cheating.
(c) La Dive Bouteille.
(d) The Island of Ruach.
5. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
2. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. Where do Pantagruel and his men land in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
4. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
5. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Panurge decipher from his dreams in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen? How does Pantagruel interpret the dream?
2. What is described of Gaster in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty?
3. Who does Pantagruel gather to advise Panurge in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine? What do they advise?
4. Where does Pantagruel set out in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Twenty-eight through Thirty?
5. Who is the character of Catty-Claws? What riddle does he ask?
6. Who discusses the Decretals with Pantagruel? What is related of them?
7. Where does Pantagruel land in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five? What does he see there?
8. What does the physician suggest to Panurge in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three? What about the philosopher?
9. What do Pantagruel and his men find on Ringing Island in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters One and Two?
10. What ship arrives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three? Why?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)