|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(a) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
(b) King Anarch.
(c) Messer Gaster.
2. Who points out the land where Quaremeprenant reigns in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
(a) King Anarch.
3. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A physician.
(c) A lover.
(d) A lawyer.
4. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two, Gaster describes how he invented the art of remaining untouched and unwounded by what when attacked by enemies?
(c) Sword thrusts.
5. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
2. The hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One subjects the men to what before admitting them to the island?
3. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
4. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
5. Who sent the ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel set out in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Twenty-eight through Thirty?
2. What hearing does Pantagruel attend in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight? What is revealed there?
3. Where does Pantagruel travel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Seven through Ten?
4. What is described of Gaster in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty?
5. What do the inhabitants of Ruach ingest? What conversation does Pantagruel have with their king?
6. Who is the character of Catty-Claws? What riddle does he ask?
7. What ship arrives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three? Why?
8. Where is Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One? Where does he depart?
9. When was the Fifth Book of Pantagruel published? What is said about it in the Introductions and Prologue?
10. Who does Pantagruel convince Panurge to see in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)