|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
(a) A cat.
(c) A shark.
(d) A lamb.
2. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sword.
(c) An oar.
(d) A broom.
3. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) His wife will be ugly.
(b) He will have ten children.
(c) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
(d) He will be happily married.
4. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
(a) The Story of Aphrodite and Eros.
(b) The Story of Thelemas and Helen.
(c) The Story of Seigneur de Basche and Chicanous.
(d) The Story of the Thelemites and Chicanous.
5. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
(d) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bringuenarilles die from eating pots and pans due to a shortage of windmills?
2. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
3. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
4. The Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was published in what year?
5. Gaster tells Pantagruel how he invented the means of gathering and conserving what in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)