|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
2. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His ear.
(b) His foot.
(c) His hair.
(d) His tongue.
3. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
(b) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
4. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
5. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
Short Answer Questions
1. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
2. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
3. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
5. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Panurge buy a sheep from in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Six? What incident follows?
2. What is the response of the Amaurots to King Anarch's defeat?
3. Who does Pantagruel gather to advise Panurge in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine? What do they advise?
4. Describe Pantagruel's birth. Why did his father give him the name Pantagruel?
5. When was the Fifth Book of Pantagruel published? What is said about it in the Introductions and Prologue?
6. What do Pantagruel and his men see on the Isle of Frieze-cloth? What do they attain in Lanternland?
7. What takes place in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-six through the end of the novel?
8. How is Gargantua's childhood described in Gargantua: Chapter Ten?
9. With whom does Pantagruel almost fight in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five? What happens?
10. What land does Pantagruel subdue in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One? Who does he give Salmaguni to?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)