|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(b) King Anarch.
(d) Loup Garou.
2. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
3. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Go to London.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Come home.
4. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(b) Jean Audeau.
(c) Frere Jean.
5. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
2. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
3. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
4. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
5. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Picrochole do for revenge in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
2. Where is Pantagruel sent in Pantagruel: Chapter Five? What are his impressions of study?
3. What does Panurge ask Pantagruel's advice about in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine? What discussion follows?
4. What is the subject of Gargantua: Chapters One through Five? What is suggested by Gargamelle's pregnancy?
5. What does Pantagruel think of Panurge at the onset of their friendship? How does the narrator describe Panurge in Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
6. How is Gargantua's childhood described in Gargantua: Chapter Ten?
7. What land does Pantagruel subdue in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One? Who does he give Salmaguni to?
8. Who does Gargantua accidentally swallow in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
9. Who attempts to get back the bells of Notre Dame in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen? What is Gargantua's response?
10. What is sent to Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifteen? What does he do with the gift?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)