|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
(a) Ten gold coins.
(b) A horse.
(c) A sword.
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Receiver of Petitions.
(b) President of Court.
(c) President of Petitions.
(d) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
3. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(c) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
4. Pantagruel advises Panurge to foretell whether he will have a good or bad marriage from what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(a) An encyclopedia.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The works of Homer.
(d) His dreams.
5. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
2. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
3. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
5. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Gargantua accidentally swallow in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
2. Where is Pantagruel sent in Pantagruel: Chapter Five? What are his impressions of study?
3. What is stated about the style and time period of the Third Book of Pantagruel in the Introduction?
4. Who comes to test Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen? What happens?
5. To whom is Pantagruel compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten? What office is offered him and why does he refuse it?
6. What dispute arises in Garganua's homeland in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three? Who begins an attack?
7. How is Gargantua's childhood described in Gargantua: Chapter Ten?
8. What does the Introduction of Pantagruel reveal about the style and time period of the piece?
9. Who does Pantagruel challenge to combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen? What is the conclusion of the battle?
10. Who does Panurge attempt to seduce in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen? What is his response?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)