|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says in the Fifth Book of Pantagruel, "in this world, there are more bollocks than men"?
2. Which island in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten proves to be full of infertile soil?
(a) The Island of Ruach.
(b) The Island of Cheating.
(c) The Island of Ironmongery.
(d) La Dive Bouteille.
3. Where does Quaremeprenant reign in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
4. Who rules the Island of Cheli in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(b) King Panigon.
(d) King Anarch.
5. Who comes on a ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(a) King Anarch.
6. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
7. Near what island do Pantagruel's ships sail in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-six?
(a) Island of the Papimanes
(b) Ile Farouche.
(c) Isle of the Ganabin.
(d) Island of Dreams.
8. Who points out the land where Quaremeprenant reigns in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
(b) King Anarch.
9. The Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was published how many years after Rabelais' death?
10. The individual Pantagruel suggests Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen is what?
(a) A king.
11. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
12. The narrator explains that what should not be hated by humans in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
13. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
(a) Prince William II.
(b) King Henry of France.
(c) The Thalamege.
(d) The Cardinal de Chatillon.
14. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
(a) A lamb.
(c) A shark.
(d) A cat.
15. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
2. Where do Pantagruel and his men land in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
4. Gaster tells Pantagruel how he invented the means of gathering and conserving what in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two?
5. Ringing Island was once inhabited by Siticines but they were transfigured into what?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)