|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
2. Where does Bringuenarilles die from eating pots and pans due to a shortage of windmills?
(c) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
(d) Tapinois and Artois.
3. What is the name of the hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(b) Messer Gaster.
4. In Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven, Panurge tells Aedituus the fable of the ass who renounces the what?
5. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty tell of how the Gastrolaters worship Gaster as their what?
(a) Omnipresent deity.
(b) Cultural icon.
(c) Revolutionary hero.
(d) Ventripotent god.
6. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
(c) King Anarch.
7. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A physician.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A lover.
8. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
(b) He will have ten children.
(c) His wife will be ugly.
(d) He will be happily married.
9. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
10. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(b) A bag.
(c) A crown.
(d) A hat.
11. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(b) Messer Gaster.
(c) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
(d) King Anarch.
12. What island encountered by Pantagruel is uninhabited but weapons grow from the plants?
(a) The Island of Cheating.
(b) The Island of Ironmongery.
(c) La Dive Bouteille.
(d) The Island of Ruach.
13. Where do Pantagruel and his men land in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) The Ringing Island.
(c) Isle of the Ganabin.
(d) Ile Farouche.
14. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
(c) Herr Trippa's.
(d) Jean Audeau's.
15. Who is eulogized in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue?
(a) Princess of Avalon of France.
(b) King Anarch.
(d) Queen Marguerite de Navarre of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What island do Pantagruel's ships reach in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-three?
2. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
3. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
4. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
5. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven, Epistemon explains why monks are readily found where?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)