|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Pantagruel and his men how miracles are produced by the Decretals in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-one through Fifty-three?
(b) King Anarch.
2. What does Panurge do with the sheep he's bought in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) Eats it.
(b) Lights it on fire.
(c) Throws it in the sea.
(d) Cages it.
3. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
4. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
6. Gaster tells Pantagruel how he invented the means of gathering and conserving what in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two?
7. In Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven, Panurge tells Aedituus the fable of the ass who renounces the what?
8. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
9. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
(c) Jean Audeau's.
(d) Herr Trippa's.
10. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) A monk.
(b) A witch.
(c) A fool.
(d) A queen.
11. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(a) The Carthanan.
(b) The Gargantua.
(c) The Chelidoine.
(d) The Thalamege.
12. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) King Henry of France.
(c) King Henry of England.
(d) Queen Quintessence.
13. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A cat.
(d) A shark.
14. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
(d) Frere Jean.
15. The hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous earn their living how?
(b) Selling wheat.
(c) Being beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel denounces both the Gastrolaters and who in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-eight?
2. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
3. What does Homenaz give Pantagruel and his men in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
4. At what island does Pantagruel's ship stop in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
5. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)