|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
(a) Colonel Spoilchidling.
(b) Colonel Bacbuc.
(c) Colonel Medamothi.
(d) Colonel Farouche.
2. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
4. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. Gaster tells Pantagruel how he invented the means of gathering and conserving what in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two?
6. Which island in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten proves to be full of infertile soil?
(a) La Dive Bouteille.
(b) The Island of Cheating.
(c) The Island of Ironmongery.
(d) The Island of Ruach.
7. Where is Pantagruel preparing to go in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To the desert.
(d) To sea.
8. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
9. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(a) The Chelidoine.
(b) The Thalamege.
(c) The Gargantua.
(d) The Carthanan.
10. Who is eulogized in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue?
(a) Queen Marguerite de Navarre of France.
(c) Princess of Avalon of France.
(d) King Anarch.
11. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(b) King Anarch.
(c) The Sybil.
12. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
(a) The Isle of Ennasin.
13. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
(a) Forbidden things.
(b) God-like men.
(c) Great warriors.
14. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) A sword.
(b) An oar.
(c) A broom.
(d) A gun.
15. At what island does Pantagruel's ship stop in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(d) Ringing Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
2. Who rules the Island of Cheli in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
4. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
5. Ringing Island was once inhabited by Siticines but they were transfigured into what?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)