|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
(b) Herr Trippa's.
(d) Jean Audeau's.
2. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
3. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. The Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was published in what year?
5. Where do Pantagruel and his men land in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) Ile Farouche.
(b) The Ringing Island.
(c) Isle of the Ganabin.
6. Where does Quaremeprenant reign in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
7. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
8. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(c) Religious allusion.
(d) Plot structure.
9. Ringing Island was once inhabited by Siticines but they were transfigured into what?
10. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
(a) The Isle of Ennasin.
11. The hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous earn their living how?
(b) Selling wheat.
(c) Being beaten.
12. The hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One subjects the men to what before admitting them to the island?
(a) Two fasts.
(b) Four fasts.
(d) Feats of strength.
13. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
14. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
15. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(c) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven, Epistemon explains why monks are readily found where?
2. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
3. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
4. Who does Pantagruel send to learn the reason for the Chidlings animosity in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
5. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)