|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The individual Pantagruel suggests Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen is what?
(a) A king.
2. Where do Pantagruel and his men land in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(b) Isle of the Ganabin.
(c) Ile Farouche.
(d) The Ringing Island.
3. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
(a) Frere Jean.
4. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
5. Panurge begs who to sell him a sheep in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Six and Seven?
6. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
(a) A cat.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A shark.
7. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) A broom.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sword.
(d) An oar.
8. Near what island do Pantagruel's ships sail in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-six?
(a) Isle of the Ganabin.
(b) Ile Farouche.
(c) Island of the Papimanes
(d) Island of Dreams.
9. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
10. Where does Quaremeprenant reign in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
11. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
12. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two, Gaster describes how he invented the art of remaining untouched and unwounded by what when attacked by enemies?
(b) Sword thrusts.
13. What is the name of Pantagruel's ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) The Thalamege.
(b) The Dipsody.
(c) The Gargantua.
(d) The Carthanan.
14. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
15. What is abstracted from France by the virtue of the Decretals?
Short Answer Questions
1. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
2. Who is the Master Aedituus of Ringing Island?
3. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven, Epistemon explains why monks are readily found where?
4. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
5. What island do Pantagruel's ships reach in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-three?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)