|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was published in what year?
2. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will have ten children.
(b) His wife will be ugly.
(c) He will be happily married.
(d) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
3. What does Panurge do with the sheep he's bought in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) Cages it.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Throws it in the sea.
(d) Lights it on fire.
4. Who sent the ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(b) King Anarch.
5. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) King Panigon.
(b) King Anarch.
(c) Frere Jean.
6. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
7. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
8. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
9. In Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven, Panurge tells Aedituus the fable of the ass who renounces the what?
10. What does Homenaz give Pantagruel and his men in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
11. Which island in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten proves to be full of infertile soil?
(a) The Island of Ruach.
(b) The Island of Cheating.
(c) La Dive Bouteille.
(d) The Island of Ironmongery.
12. Who comes on a ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(a) King Anarch.
13. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty tell of how the Gastrolaters worship Gaster as their what?
(a) Ventripotent god.
(b) Revolutionary hero.
(c) Cultural icon.
(d) Omnipresent deity.
14. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Religious allusion.
(c) Plot structure.
15. Who is the Master Aedituus of Ringing Island?
(b) Albiam Camat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two, Gaster describes how he invented the art of remaining untouched and unwounded by what when attacked by enemies?
2. When Pantagruel's ship lands on the Isle of the Macraeons in order to repair their ship, Pantagruel asks whom the reason for the storm?
3. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
4. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
5. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)