|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pantagruel's ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) The Thalamege.
(b) The Dipsody.
(c) The Gargantua.
(d) The Carthanan.
2. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
3. Who points out the land where Quaremeprenant reigns in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
(a) King Anarch.
4. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(a) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
(b) Messer Gaster.
(c) King Anarch.
5. Where does Quaremeprenant reign in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
6. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
(b) The Isle of Ennasin.
7. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
8. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(a) The Chelidoine.
(b) The Gargantua.
(c) The Carthanan.
(d) The Thalamege.
9. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
(d) Frere Jean.
10. Near what island do Pantagruel's ships sail in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-six?
(a) Ile Farouche.
(b) Island of Dreams.
(c) Isle of the Ganabin.
(d) Island of the Papimanes
11. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
12. Who tells Pantagruel and his men how miracles are produced by the Decretals in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-one through Fifty-three?
(c) King Anarch.
13. Who is the Master Aedituus of Ringing Island?
(b) Albiam Camat.
14. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sword.
(c) An oar.
(d) A broom.
15. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A cat.
(c) A shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says in the Fifth Book of Pantagruel, "in this world, there are more bollocks than men"?
2. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
3. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
4. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. Who is eulogized in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)