|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was published how many years after Rabelais' death?
2. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
3. The hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous earn their living how?
(b) Being beaten.
(c) Selling wheat.
4. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two, Gaster describes how he invented the art of remaining untouched and unwounded by what when attacked by enemies?
(c) Sword thrusts.
5. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
6. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
(b) God-like men.
(c) Great warriors.
(d) Forbidden things.
7. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
(c) International government.
(d) Human judgments.
8. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
(a) Lady Niphleseth.
(b) King Anarch.
(d) Jean Audeau.
9. When Pantagruel's ship lands on the Isle of the Macraeons in order to repair their ship, Pantagruel asks whom the reason for the storm?
10. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(b) The Sybil.
(d) King Anarch.
11. The hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One subjects the men to what before admitting them to the island?
(a) Four fasts.
(c) Feats of strength.
(d) Two fasts.
12. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
13. Panurge begs who to sell him a sheep in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Six and Seven?
14. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(c) King Anarch.
(d) Frere Jean.
15. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
(d) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what island do Pantagruel's ships sail in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-six?
2. What island do Pantagruel's ships reach in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-three?
3. Pantagruel denounces both the Gastrolaters and who in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-eight?
4. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
5. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)