|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
2. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
3. Gaster tells Pantagruel how he invented the means of gathering and conserving what in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two?
4. Pantagruel denounces both the Gastrolaters and who in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-eight?
(a) The Chicanous.
(b) The Engastrimyths.
(c) The Interminers.
(d) The Eucledians.
5. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) A sword.
(b) A broom.
(c) An oar.
(d) A gun.
6. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
(a) Humble himself before God.
(b) Stand up against oppression.
(c) Turn from God.
(d) Look to the humanists.
7. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
8. Who is eulogized in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue?
(a) Queen Marguerite de Navarre of France.
(b) Princess of Avalon of France.
(d) King Anarch.
9. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
10. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A physician.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A lover.
11. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) A hat.
(b) A crown.
(c) A bag.
12. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
(a) Colonel Medamothi.
(b) Colonel Spoilchidling.
(c) Colonel Farouche.
(d) Colonel Bacbuc.
13. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
(a) Prince William II.
(b) The Cardinal de Chatillon.
(c) The Thalamege.
(d) King Henry of France.
14. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Queen Quintessence.
(c) King Henry of England.
(d) King Henry of France.
15. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
2. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
3. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
4. What do Pantagruel and Panurge decide to visit for advice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-seven?
5. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)