|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven, Epistemon explains why monks are readily found where?
(a) In kitchens.
(b) In court.
(c) In restrooms.
(d) In monasteries.
2. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
3. Who points out the land where Quaremeprenant reigns in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
(c) King Anarch.
4. The individual Pantagruel suggests Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen is what?
(c) A king.
5. The Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was published how many years after Rabelais' death?
6. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
7. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
8. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
9. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
(a) The Story of Seigneur de Basche and Chicanous.
(b) The Story of Thelemas and Helen.
(c) The Story of Aphrodite and Eros.
(d) The Story of the Thelemites and Chicanous.
10. At what island does Pantagruel's ship stop in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(c) Ringing Island.
11. What is the name of the hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) Messer Gaster.
12. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
(a) Human judgments.
(d) International government.
13. Who says in the Fifth Book of Pantagruel, "in this world, there are more bollocks than men"?
14. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
(a) King Anarch.
15. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(a) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
(b) Messer Gaster.
(d) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
2. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
3. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
5. When Pantagruel's ship lands on the Isle of the Macraeons in order to repair their ship, Pantagruel asks whom the reason for the storm?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)