|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was published how many years after Rabelais' death?
2. Who points out the land where Quaremeprenant reigns in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
(a) King Anarch.
3. Who says in the Fifth Book of Pantagruel, "in this world, there are more bollocks than men"?
4. What do Pantagruel and Panurge decide to visit for advice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) The Hall of Homer.
(b) The Dive Bouteille.
(c) The Wall of China.
(d) The future.
5. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
(a) Human judgments.
(d) International government.
6. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
7. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
(a) A shark.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A cat.
8. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
9. What does Homenaz give Pantagruel and his men in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
10. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
11. The hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One subjects the men to what before admitting them to the island?
(a) Feats of strength.
(b) Four fasts.
(d) Two fasts.
12. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) Frere Jean.
(b) King Anarch.
13. Where does Bringuenarilles die from eating pots and pans due to a shortage of windmills?
(b) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
(d) Tapinois and Artois.
14. Who sent the ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(a) King Anarch.
15. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) A monk.
(b) A queen.
(c) A fool.
(d) A witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel preparing to go in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
2. Which island in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten proves to be full of infertile soil?
3. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
4. The Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was published in what year?
5. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)