|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
2. Who sent the ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(a) King Anarch.
3. What is abstracted from France by the virtue of the Decretals?
4. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
(a) A cat.
(b) A shark.
(c) A lamb.
5. Who is eulogized in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue?
(a) King Anarch.
(c) Queen Marguerite de Navarre of France.
(d) Princess of Avalon of France.
6. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(b) The Island of Ruach.
(c) Island of the Papefigues.
(d) Ringing Island.
7. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
8. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two, Gaster describes how he invented the art of remaining untouched and unwounded by what when attacked by enemies?
(b) Sword thrusts.
9. Where do Pantagruel and his men land in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) The Ringing Island.
(b) Isle of the Ganabin.
(c) Ile Farouche.
10. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Herr Trippa's.
(c) Jean Audeau's.
11. Panurge begs who to sell him a sheep in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Six and Seven?
12. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
(a) The Story of Aphrodite and Eros.
(b) The Story of Thelemas and Helen.
(c) The Story of Seigneur de Basche and Chicanous.
(d) The Story of the Thelemites and Chicanous.
13. Where is Pantagruel preparing to go in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
(a) To the desert.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To sea.
14. Where does Quaremeprenant reign in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
15. The hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One subjects the men to what before admitting them to the island?
(b) Two fasts.
(c) Four fasts.
(d) Feats of strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty tell of how the Gastrolaters worship Gaster as their what?
2. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
3. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
4. At what island does Pantagruel's ship stop in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
5. What does Homenaz give Pantagruel and his men in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)