|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(b) Plot structure.
(d) Religious allusion.
2. What is abstracted from France by the virtue of the Decretals?
3. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Sybil.
(c) King Anarch.
4. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty tell of how the Gastrolaters worship Gaster as their what?
(a) Cultural icon.
(b) Omnipresent deity.
(c) Revolutionary hero.
(d) Ventripotent god.
5. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(a) The Island of Ruach.
(b) Ringing Island.
(c) Island of the Papefigues.
6. Near what island do Pantagruel's ships sail in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-six?
(a) Island of Dreams.
(b) Isle of the Ganabin.
(c) Ile Farouche.
(d) Island of the Papimanes
7. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will have ten children.
(b) His wife will be ugly.
(c) He will be happily married.
(d) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
8. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
(a) Colonel Spoilchidling.
(b) Colonel Medamothi.
(c) Colonel Farouche.
(d) Colonel Bacbuc.
9. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) A hat.
(c) A crown.
(d) A bag.
10. The individual Pantagruel suggests Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen is what?
(d) A king.
11. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
12. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
13. When Pantagruel's ship lands on the Isle of the Macraeons in order to repair their ship, Pantagruel asks whom the reason for the storm?
14. What is the name of the hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(c) Messer Gaster.
15. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
2. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. What do Pantagruel and his men bestow on Homenaz before leaving in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
4. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
5. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven, Epistemon explains why monks are readily found where?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)