|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven, Panurge tells Aedituus the fable of the ass who renounces the what?
2. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven, Epistemon explains why monks are readily found where?
(a) In kitchens.
(b) In court.
(c) In monasteries.
(d) In restrooms.
3. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
(a) Forbidden things.
(b) Great warriors.
(c) God-like men.
4. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
(a) The Story of the Thelemites and Chicanous.
(b) The Story of Seigneur de Basche and Chicanous.
(c) The Story of Thelemas and Helen.
(d) The Story of Aphrodite and Eros.
5. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
6. The Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was published in what year?
7. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Religious allusion.
(d) Plot structure.
8. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
9. Who tells Pantagruel and his men how miracles are produced by the Decretals in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-one through Fifty-three?
(a) King Anarch.
10. Where is Pantagruel preparing to go in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To sea.
(c) To the desert.
(d) To the forest.
11. Panurge begs who to sell him a sheep in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Six and Seven?
12. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A lover.
(c) A physician.
(d) A lawyer.
13. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
(a) Colonel Spoilchidling.
(b) Colonel Medamothi.
(c) Colonel Farouche.
(d) Colonel Bacbuc.
14. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
(c) Frere Jean.
15. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty tell of how the Gastrolaters worship Gaster as their what?
(a) Revolutionary hero.
(b) Omnipresent deity.
(c) Ventripotent god.
(d) Cultural icon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
2. What do Pantagruel and Panurge decide to visit for advice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-seven?
3. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
4. Ringing Island was once inhabited by Siticines but they were transfigured into what?
5. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)