|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) The Sybil.
2. What do Pantagruel and Panurge decide to visit for advice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) The Hall of Homer.
(b) The Wall of China.
(c) The future.
(d) The Dive Bouteille.
3. What is the name of the hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) Messer Gaster.
4. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two, Gaster describes how he invented the art of remaining untouched and unwounded by what when attacked by enemies?
(a) Sword thrusts.
5. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
6. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(b) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
(c) King Anarch.
(d) Messer Gaster.
7. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
8. Who says in the Fifth Book of Pantagruel, "in this world, there are more bollocks than men"?
9. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
10. Where do Pantagruel and his men land in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(b) Isle of the Ganabin.
(c) Ile Farouche.
(d) The Ringing Island.
11. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
(a) Jean Audeau.
(c) Lady Niphleseth.
(d) King Anarch.
12. Who is eulogized in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue?
(a) King Anarch.
(c) Princess of Avalon of France.
(d) Queen Marguerite de Navarre of France.
13. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
(a) Colonel Farouche.
(b) Colonel Spoilchidling.
(c) Colonel Medamothi.
(d) Colonel Bacbuc.
14. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will be happily married.
(b) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
(c) His wife will be ugly.
(d) He will have ten children.
15. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
(b) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What island do Pantagruel's ships reach in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-three?
2. The Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was published how many years after Rabelais' death?
3. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
4. Which island in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten proves to be full of infertile soil?
5. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)