|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two, Gaster describes how he invented the art of remaining untouched and unwounded by what when attacked by enemies?
(a) Sword thrusts.
2. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven, Epistemon explains why monks are readily found where?
(a) In court.
(b) In monasteries.
(c) In kitchens.
(d) In restrooms.
3. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) A fool.
(b) A witch.
(c) A monk.
(d) A queen.
4. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
(a) Look to the humanists.
(b) Stand up against oppression.
(c) Turn from God.
(d) Humble himself before God.
5. Who is the Master Aedituus of Ringing Island?
(a) Albiam Camat.
6. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
7. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) Jean Audeau.
(c) Lady Niphleseth.
8. The narrator explains that what should not be hated by humans in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
9. The hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous earn their living how?
(b) Being beaten.
(c) Selling wheat.
10. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
(a) King Henry of France.
(b) King Henry of England.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Queen Quintessence.
11. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Frere Jean.
(c) King Anarch.
(d) King Panigon.
12. Who is eulogized in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue?
(a) King Anarch.
(c) Princess of Avalon of France.
(d) Queen Marguerite de Navarre of France.
13. The hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One subjects the men to what before admitting them to the island?
(b) Feats of strength.
(c) Four fasts.
(d) Two fasts.
14. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
(b) A shark.
(c) A cat.
(d) A lamb.
15. In Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven, Panurge tells Aedituus the fable of the ass who renounces the what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which island in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten proves to be full of infertile soil?
2. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
3. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
4. Who tells Pantagruel and his men how miracles are produced by the Decretals in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-one through Fifty-three?
5. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty tell of how the Gastrolaters worship Gaster as their what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)