|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) King Anarch.
2. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
3. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(c) King Picrochole the Third.
(d) Frere Jean.
4. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
5. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) Dipsodes' camp.
(b) La Follie-Gobelin.
(c) The walls of Paris.
6. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(b) King Anarch.
7. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
8. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(a) A pain killer.
(c) A constrictive.
(d) A poison.
9. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(b) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
10. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A garden.
(c) A forest.
(d) A lakeshore.
11. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(d) Too high above him.
12. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
13. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
(b) Comte de Rushin.
14. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) King Anarch's.
15. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(d) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
3. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)