|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(b) A pain killer.
(c) A poison.
(d) A constrictive.
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
3. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(d) King Anarch.
4. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(b) The Isle of Ennasin.
5. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
6. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Go to London.
(b) Come home.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Go to church.
7. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
(c) Comte de Rushin.
8. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
(a) Frere Jean.
(c) King Picrochole the Third.
9. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(c) King Anarch's.
10. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
11. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
(a) The works of Virgil.
(b) The works of Aristotle.
(c) The works of Socrates.
(d) The works of Homer.
12. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(d) Frere Jean.
13. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The English.
(c) The Amazons.
(d) The Dipsodes.
14. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
15. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) Cruel leader.
(b) All thirst.
(c) All love.
(d) Giant man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
2. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
3. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
4. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
5. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)