|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
2. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
5. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) One hundred weeks.
(b) Seventy days.
(c) Eleven months.
(d) Two years.
6. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
7. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(c) Frere Jean's.
8. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
9. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
10. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
(a) Talking to a fortune teller.
(b) Using cards.
(c) Throwing dice.
(d) Reading Virgil.
11. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
12. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1522 or 1523.
(b) 1531 or 1532.
(c) 1513 or 1514.
(d) 1515 or 1516.
13. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A poem.
(b) A note of appreciation.
(c) A symphony.
(d) An epitaph.
14. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
15. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Go to London.
(b) Come home.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Go to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
2. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
5. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)