|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
2. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) One hundred weeks.
(b) Eleven months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Seventy days.
3. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Blue and white.
(b) Blue and orange.
(c) Black and tan.
(d) Green and gold.
4. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) Dipsodes' camp.
(c) La Follie-Gobelin.
(d) The walls of Paris.
5. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
(c) Comte de Rushin.
6. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Dangerous Brew."
(b) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(c) "Poison Foam."
(d) "Healthful Drink."
7. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
8. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
9. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Loup Garou.
(b) King Anarch.
10. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
11. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(b) King Anarch.
12. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) King Anarch.
13. What does one of the pilgrims' staff hit, causing Gargantua to spit them out in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A cavity.
(b) His bowels.
(c) His stomach lining.
(d) His throat.
14. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
(b) King Picrochole the Third.
(c) Frere Jean.
15. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(d) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
2. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
3. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
4. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
5. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)