|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) An olive branch.
(b) A peace flower.
(c) A special book.
(d) A concoction.
2. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
3. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
4. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch.
5. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
6. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(a) The theatre.
(b) Public lectures.
(c) Art museums.
7. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Prince Charles.
8. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) The Isle of Ennasin.
9. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The English.
10. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(a) Hog jowels.
11. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
12. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) La Follie-Gobelin.
(b) The walls of Paris.
(d) Dipsodes' camp.
13. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(a) A pain killer.
(b) A poison.
(c) A constrictive.
14. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(c) Frere Jean.
15. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(a) Too high above him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
2. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
3. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)