|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) Dipsodes' camp.
(b) La Follie-Gobelin.
(c) The walls of Paris.
2. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) The Isle of Ennasin.
3. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval war tales.
(b) Medieval fairy tales.
(c) Medieval romances.
4. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(d) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
5. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) Loup Garou.
(b) King Anarch.
6. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
7. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
8. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
9. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) King Fasil.
(c) King Blaine.
(d) King Bodum.
10. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
11. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
12. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
13. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A paper doll.
(b) A dirt hut.
(c) A woven basket.
(d) A wooden horse.
14. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
(c) Jean Audeau.
(d) King Anarch.
15. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) Jean Audeau.
(c) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
5. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)