|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) All love.
(b) All thirst.
(c) Giant man.
(d) Cruel leader.
3. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
5. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) Dipsodes' camp.
(b) The walls of Paris.
(c) La Follie-Gobelin.
6. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch's.
7. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) Loup Garou.
8. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
9. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Fasil.
(b) King Blaine.
(c) King Anarch.
(d) King Bodum.
10. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
(a) The King's Greed.
(b) The King's Privilege.
(c) The Royal Prerogative.
(d) The King's Power.
11. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
12. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(a) A constrictive.
(c) A poison.
(d) A pain killer.
13. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) Loup Garou.
14. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
(b) Comte de Rushin.
15. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
2. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
3. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
5. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)