|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(d) Loup Garou.
2. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(b) Frere Jean.
3. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Come home.
(c) Go to London.
(d) Go to Paris.
4. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A dirt hut.
(b) A wooden horse.
(c) A paper doll.
(d) A woven basket.
5. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
6. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
7. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His hair.
(b) His foot.
(c) His ear.
(d) His tongue.
8. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
9. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(a) King Anarch.
10. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
11. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A symphony.
(b) A poem.
(c) A note of appreciation.
(d) An epitaph.
12. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
13. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Blue and orange.
(b) Green and gold.
(c) Black and tan.
(d) Blue and white.
14. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
(a) A horse.
(c) A sword.
(d) Ten gold coins.
15. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
2. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
3. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
4. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
5. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)