|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
2. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His ear.
(b) His foot.
(c) His hair.
(d) His tongue.
3. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
(b) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
4. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
5. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
6. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
7. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
8. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) Loup Garou.
9. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
10. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
11. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(a) Hog jowels.
12. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(a) Too high above him.
13. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The English.
(d) The Russians.
14. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(b) Frere Jean.
(c) Jean Audeau.
15. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
2. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
3. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)