|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
2. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
(d) Comte de Rushin.
3. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
4. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(b) President of Petitions.
(c) President of Court.
(d) Receiver of Petitions.
5. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Dipsodes.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The English.
(d) The Amazons.
6. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A dirt hut.
(b) A paper doll.
(c) A woven basket.
(d) A wooden horse.
7. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
8. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(b) King Picrochole the Third.
9. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A forest.
(c) A garden.
(d) A lakeshore.
10. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
(a) His armor.
(b) His helmet.
(c) His codpiece.
(d) His crown.
11. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
(a) Abbey of the Ottomans.
(b) Abbey or the King.
(c) Abbey of the Turks.
(d) Abbey of the Thelemites.
12. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(b) Frere Jean.
(c) King Picrochole the Third.
13. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(a) Hog jowels.
14. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
15. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
4. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
5. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)