Short Answer Key
Pantagruel: Introduction, Dixain, Prologue and Chapters 1-9 (p. 1-74)
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
1531 or 1532.
3. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
Maitre Hughes Salel.
4. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
5. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
6. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
7. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
8. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
9. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
10. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
11. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
12. What man...
This section contains 3,121 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)