|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
2. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(b) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
(c) Messer Gaster.
(d) King Anarch.
3. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(b) Frere Jean.
4. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
5. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
2. What does Bacbuc withdraw from the fountain for Panurge to swallow in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five?
3. Appendix 1 tells how the manuscript originally ended with an extended version of whose speech?
4. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
5. The hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One subjects the men to what before admitting them to the island?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)