|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) King Fasil.
(c) King Bodum.
(d) King Blaine.
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
3. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(a) Ringing Island.
(c) The Island of Ruach.
(d) Island of the Papefigues.
4. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
5. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
2. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
3. Who rules the Island of Cheli in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)