|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bringuenarilles die from eating pots and pans due to a shortage of windmills?
(a) Tapinois and Artois.
(c) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
2. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
3. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
4. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
(a) A historian.
(b) A musician.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A philosopher.
5. The narrator explains that what should not be hated by humans in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Greek philosopher do Pantagruel and his men see in the land of Satin in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
2. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
3. Where does Quaremeprenant reign in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
4. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
5. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)