|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
2. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Frere Jean.
(b) King Panigon.
(d) King Anarch.
3. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(d) Loup Garou.
4. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His hair.
(b) His tongue.
(c) His ear.
(d) His foot.
5. What Greek philosopher do Pantagruel and his men see in the land of Satin in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator explains that what should not be hated by humans in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
2. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
3. Where do Pantagruel and his men land in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
4. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)