|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
(a) Abbey or the King.
(b) Abbey of the Thelemites.
(c) Abbey of the Turks.
(d) Abbey of the Ottomans.
2. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
(c) Comte de Rushin.
3. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
(a) The works of Socrates.
(b) The works of Homer.
(c) The works of Aristotle.
(d) The works of Virgil.
4. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
5. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
(a) Human judgments.
(b) International government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
2. What island encountered by Pantagruel is uninhabited but weapons grow from the plants?
3. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
4. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
5. Where does Bringuenarilles die from eating pots and pans due to a shortage of windmills?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)