|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
(a) Jean Audeau.
(d) King Anarch.
2. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) A fool.
(b) A monk.
(c) A queen.
(d) A witch.
3. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
4. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
(a) A shark.
(b) A cat.
(c) A lamb.
5. Where are Pantagruel and his men greeted by King Benius in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) The Island of Cheating.
(b) The Isle of Clogs.
(c) The Island of Ironmongery.
(d) La Dive Bouteille.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
2. Who appears and leads the men to the center of the Temple in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
3. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
4. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)