|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Prince Charles.
2. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
(a) The King's Greed.
(b) The King's Privilege.
(c) The King's Power.
(d) The Royal Prerogative.
3. Who is the Master Aedituus of Ringing Island?
(c) Albiam Camat.
4. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(c) The Isle of Ennasin.
5. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Black and tan.
(b) Green and gold.
(c) Blue and orange.
(d) Blue and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
2. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
3. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
4. Who sent the ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
5. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)