|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Appendix 1 tells how the manuscript originally ended with an extended version of whose speech?
2. Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-seven through Thirty-nine describe the mosaic that paves the Temple floor and how it depicts what battle?
(a) The Battle of Bacchus against the Indians.
(b) The War of the Roses.
(c) The Battle of David and Goliath.
(d) The Battle of the Argonauts.
3. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His foot.
(b) His tongue.
(c) His ear.
(d) His hair.
4. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
5. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) An oar.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sword.
(d) A broom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
2. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty tell of how the Gastrolaters worship Gaster as their what?
5. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)