|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Frere Jean's.
2. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(c) King Anarch.
3. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A garden.
(b) A lakeshore.
(c) A meadow.
(d) A forest.
4. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Blue and orange.
(b) Green and gold.
(c) Black and tan.
(d) Blue and white.
5. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is abstracted from France by the virtue of the Decretals?
2. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
3. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
4. Gaster tells Pantagruel how he invented the means of gathering and conserving what in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two?
5. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)