|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Receiver of Petitions.
(b) President of Petitions.
(c) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(d) President of Court.
2. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
(a) King Henry of England.
(b) King Henry of France.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Queen Quintessence.
3. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
4. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1531 or 1532.
(b) 1522 or 1523.
(c) 1515 or 1516.
(d) 1513 or 1514.
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) The Carthanan.
(b) The Thalamege.
(c) The Dipsody.
(d) The Gargantua.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
2. The hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous earn their living how?
3. Who discusses how he finds the Institution of Lent displeasing in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-seven?
4. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)