|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gaster tells Pantagruel how he invented the means of gathering and conserving what in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two?
2. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
3. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(c) Hog jowels.
4. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
5. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A lover.
(d) A physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
2. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
4. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)