|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(a) A pain killer.
(c) A constrictive.
(d) A poison.
3. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
(b) His wife will be ugly.
(c) He will have ten children.
(d) He will be happily married.
4. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
5. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(a) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
(b) King Anarch.
(c) Messer Gaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous earn their living how?
2. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
3. Near what island do Pantagruel's ships sail in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-six?
4. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
5. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)