|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1531 or 1532.
(b) 1513 or 1514.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1515 or 1516.
2. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Sybil.
(c) King Anarch.
3. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Loup Garou.
(b) King Anarch.
4. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
5. Pantagruel denounces both the Gastrolaters and who in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-eight?
(a) The Interminers.
(b) The Chicanous.
(c) The Eucledians.
(d) The Engastrimyths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
2. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
3. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
4. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
5. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)