|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(b) Prince Charles.
2. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
(a) Abbey or the King.
(b) Abbey of the Thelemites.
(c) Abbey of the Turks.
(d) Abbey of the Ottomans.
3. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) Cruel leader.
(b) All thirst.
(c) All love.
(d) Giant man.
4. What does Bacbuc withdraw from the fountain for Panurge to swallow in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A silver ring.
(c) A silver book.
(d) A blue feather.
5. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(a) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
(b) King Anarch.
(d) Messer Gaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homenaz give Pantagruel and his men in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
2. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
3. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
4. When Pantagruel's ship lands on the Isle of the Macraeons in order to repair their ship, Pantagruel asks whom the reason for the storm?
5. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)