|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(a) Maitre Hughes Salel.
(c) Francois Rabelais.
2. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
3. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
4. Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-seven through Thirty-nine describe the mosaic that paves the Temple floor and how it depicts what battle?
(a) The Battle of the Argonauts.
(b) The War of the Roses.
(c) The Battle of Bacchus against the Indians.
(d) The Battle of David and Goliath.
5. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(c) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
2. Ringing Island was once inhabited by Siticines but they were transfigured into what?
3. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)