|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel send to learn the reason for the Chidlings animosity in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
2. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(a) Island of the Papefigues.
(b) Ringing Island.
(d) The Island of Ruach.
3. King Benius shows Pantagruel and his men the monastery he built for whom in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-six?
(b) King Picrochole.
(c) Frere Jean.
(d) The Demisemiquaver Friars.
4. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
(a) Humble himself before God.
(b) Stand up against oppression.
(c) Look to the humanists.
(d) Turn from God.
5. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) President of Petitions.
(b) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(c) Receiver of Petitions.
(d) President of Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
2. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
4. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
5. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)