|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
2. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch.
3. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A wooden horse.
(b) A woven basket.
(c) A paper doll.
(d) A dirt hut.
4. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(c) Frere Jean.
(d) Jean Audeau.
5. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(c) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
2. Pantagruel's crew visits the land of Satin on what isle in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
3. The hermit who greets Pantagruel's ships in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One subjects the men to what before admitting them to the island?
4. Where do Pantagruel and his men land in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)