|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what island does Pantagruel's ship stop in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(d) Ringing Island.
2. What does one of the pilgrims' staff hit, causing Gargantua to spit them out in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A cavity.
(b) His throat.
(c) His bowels.
(d) His stomach lining.
3. Where does Pantagruel's lantern lead him in Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-one?
(a) The Island of Cheating.
(b) The Isle of Frieze-cloth.
(d) The Temple of La Dive Bouteille.
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
5. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
2. Gaster tells Pantagruel how he invented the means of gathering and conserving what in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two?
3. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
4. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
5. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)