|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(a) A drought.
(d) Bubonic plague.
2. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) A witch.
(b) A queen.
(c) A monk.
(d) A fool.
3. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
(c) The Sybil.
(d) King Anarch.
4. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Dangerous Brew."
(b) "Poison Foam."
(c) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(d) "Healthful Drink."
5. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
(c) The Isle of Ennasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
2. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
3. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
4. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
5. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)