|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His hair.
(b) His tongue.
(c) His ear.
(d) His foot.
2. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(b) Frere Jean.
(c) King Picrochole the Third.
3. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
4. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
5. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
(a) Turn from God.
(b) Look to the humanists.
(c) Stand up against oppression.
(d) Humble himself before God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two, Gaster describes how he invented the art of remaining untouched and unwounded by what when attacked by enemies?
2. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
3. What island encountered by Pantagruel is uninhabited but weapons grow from the plants?
4. Appendix 1 tells how the manuscript originally ended with an extended version of whose speech?
5. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)