|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Pantagruel and his men how miracles are produced by the Decretals in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-one through Fifty-three?
(a) King Anarch.
2. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
3. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. At what island does Pantagruel's ship stop in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(b) Ringing Island.
5. Ringing Island was once inhabited by Siticines but they were transfigured into what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Queen allow Pantagruel and his men to choose one of the most outstanding Lanterns as their guide?
2. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
3. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
4. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
5. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)