|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fifth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 26-47, Epigram and 3 Appendixes (p. 960-1041).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) Frere Jean.
(c) Jean Audeau.
2. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
3. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
4. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) A queen.
(b) A witch.
(c) A fool.
(d) A monk.
5. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what island do Pantagruel's ships sail in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-six?
2. What island encountered by Pantagruel is uninhabited but weapons grow from the plants?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
4. Where does the Queen allow Pantagruel and his men to choose one of the most outstanding Lanterns as their guide?
5. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)