|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
(c) The Isle of Ennasin.
2. Pantagruel advises Panurge to foretell whether he will have a good or bad marriage from what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(a) His dreams.
(b) The clouds.
(c) An encyclopedia.
(d) The works of Homer.
3. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(c) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
4. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
5. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(a) Island of the Papefigues.
(c) Ringing Island.
(d) The Island of Ruach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
3. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
4. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
5. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)