|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(d) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
2. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. Who points out the land where Quaremeprenant reigns in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
(c) King Anarch.
4. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(c) Hog jowels.
5. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
(a) The Story of Seigneur de Basche and Chicanous.
(b) The Story of Aphrodite and Eros.
(c) The Story of the Thelemites and Chicanous.
(d) The Story of Thelemas and Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
2. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
3. Who sent the ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
4. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
5. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)