|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
2. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A symphony.
(b) A note of appreciation.
(c) An epitaph.
(d) A poem.
3. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A musician.
(d) A historian.
4. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A lover.
(c) A physician.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
2. Where is Pantagruel preparing to go in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
3. Who points out the land where Quaremeprenant reigns in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)