|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His ear.
(b) His tongue.
(c) His hair.
(d) His foot.
2. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A poem.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A note of appreciation.
(d) An epitaph.
3. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
(c) The Isle of Ennasin.
4. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
5. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(a) A drought.
(d) Bubonic plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel send to learn the reason for the Chidlings animosity in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
2. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
4. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)