|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Come home.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Go to London.
(d) Go to church.
2. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) A bag.
(c) A crown.
(d) A hat.
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(c) Jean Audeau.
4. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Magister Virgil.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
5. Who does Pantagruel send to learn the reason for the Chidlings animosity in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
2. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
3. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
4. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)