|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
(a) The Sybil.
(d) King Anarch.
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
3. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
4. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
(a) The works of Aristotle.
(b) The works of Socrates.
(c) The works of Virgil.
(d) The works of Homer.
5. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
2. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
3. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
5. What does Panurge do with the sheep he's bought in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)