|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel preparing to go in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
(a) To sea.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To the desert.
2. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
(c) King Anarch.
3. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
4. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
(a) King Anarch.
(c) Chretien Wechel of Paris.
(d) Frere Jean.
5. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(b) A crown.
(c) A hat.
(d) A bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
2. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
3. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
4. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
5. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)