|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Blaine.
(b) King Anarch.
(c) King Fasil.
(d) King Bodum.
2. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval war tales.
(b) Medieval fairy tales.
(d) Medieval romances.
4. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(b) Hog jowels.
5. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The English.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
2. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
3. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
4. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)