|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
(b) Forbidden things.
(c) God-like men.
(d) Great warriors.
2. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
3. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
4. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Bodum.
(b) King Blaine.
(c) King Fasil.
(d) King Anarch.
5. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven, Epistemon explains why monks are readily found where?
2. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
4. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
5. Who sent the ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)