|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Panurge begs who to sell him a sheep in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Six and Seven?
2. Who does Pantagruel send to learn the reason for the Chidlings animosity in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
3. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(a) Ringing Island.
(c) Island of the Papefigues.
(d) The Island of Ruach.
4. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval romances.
(c) Medieval war tales.
(d) Medieval fairy tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
2. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
3. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
5. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)