|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(b) Public lectures.
(c) Art museums.
(d) The theatre.
2. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
5. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
2. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
4. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
5. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)