|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) All love.
(b) All thirst.
(c) Giant man.
(d) Cruel leader.
3. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
(a) Humble himself before God.
(b) Stand up against oppression.
(c) Turn from God.
(d) Look to the humanists.
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) The Dipsody.
(b) The Gargantua.
(c) The Thalamege.
(d) The Carthanan.
5. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(d) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
2. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
3. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
4. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
5. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)