|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
(b) God-like men.
(c) Great warriors.
(d) Forbidden things.
2. Pantagruel advises Panurge to foretell whether he will have a good or bad marriage from what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(a) An encyclopedia.
(b) His dreams.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The works of Homer.
3. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
4. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
(a) Stand up against oppression.
(b) Humble himself before God.
(c) Turn from God.
(d) Look to the humanists.
5. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The English.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Turks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
3. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
4. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)