|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
(a) A sword.
(b) A horse.
(c) Ten gold coins.
2. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
(a) The Royal Prerogative.
(b) The King's Privilege.
(c) The King's Power.
(d) The King's Greed.
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
5. The individual Pantagruel suggests Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen is what?
(b) A king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
2. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
4. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
5. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)