|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) Loup Garou.
2. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
(a) The King's Greed.
(b) The King's Privilege.
(c) The King's Power.
(d) The Royal Prerogative.
4. What does Panurge do with the sheep he's bought in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) Eats it.
(b) Lights it on fire.
(c) Throws it in the sea.
(d) Cages it.
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Dangerous Brew."
(b) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(c) "Poison Foam."
(d) "Healthful Drink."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
4. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
5. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)