|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
(a) The Cardinal de Chatillon.
(b) The Thalamege.
(c) Prince William II.
(d) King Henry of France.
2. Who does Pantagruel send to learn the reason for the Chidlings animosity in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
3. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
4. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
5. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(b) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(c) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
2. The narrator explains that what should not be hated by humans in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
5. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)