|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
2. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) Loup Garou.
3. The hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous earn their living how?
(b) Selling wheat.
(c) Being beaten.
4. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(a) The Gargantua.
(b) The Thalamege.
(c) The Carthanan.
(d) The Chelidoine.
5. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A physician.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
2. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. The Queen of Cheli and all of her court kiss Pantagruel and his men, except for whom, in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
5. At what island does Pantagruel's ship stop in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)