|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(d) Magister Virgil.
2. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
3. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
4. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
(b) Ten gold coins.
(c) A sword.
(d) A horse.
5. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(c) King Picrochole the Third.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
2. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
3. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
5. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)