|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) A bag.
(b) A crown.
(d) A hat.
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1522 or 1523.
(b) 1513 or 1514.
(c) 1515 or 1516.
(d) 1531 or 1532.
3. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(d) Too high above him.
4. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(c) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
3. Where does Bringuenarilles die from eating pots and pans due to a shortage of windmills?
4. What does Panurge do with the sheep he's bought in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
5. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)