|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
2. At what island does Pantagruel's ship stop in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(d) Ringing Island.
3. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
(a) The works of Homer.
(b) The works of Virgil.
(c) The works of Socrates.
(d) The works of Aristotle.
4. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
5. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(c) Frere Jean.
(d) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
2. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
3. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
4. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
5. Panurge begs who to sell him a sheep in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Six and Seven?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)