|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will have ten children.
(b) He will be happily married.
(c) His wife will be ugly.
(d) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
2. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(a) Public lectures.
(b) Art museums.
(c) The theatre.
3. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(a) Maitre Hughes Salel.
(c) Francois Rabelais.
4. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A peace flower.
(b) A special book.
(c) A concoction.
(d) An olive branch.
5. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
(a) The Royal Prerogative.
(b) The King's Greed.
(c) The King's Privilege.
(d) The King's Power.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
2. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
3. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)