|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The individual Pantagruel suggests Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen is what?
(c) A king.
2. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(b) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
3. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Dangerous Brew."
(b) "Poison Foam."
(c) "Healthful Drink."
(d) "Antidoted Bubbles."
4. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
5. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
(a) A historian.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
2. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
3. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
4. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
5. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)