|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
(a) Abbey or the King.
(b) Abbey of the Thelemites.
(c) Abbey of the Ottomans.
(d) Abbey of the Turks.
2. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
(a) God-like men.
(b) Great warriors.
(d) Forbidden things.
3. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(b) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) The Gargantua.
(b) The Dipsody.
(c) The Carthanan.
(d) The Thalamege.
5. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what island does Pantagruel's ship stop in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
2. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
4. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)