|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
2. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will have ten children.
(b) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
(c) He will be happily married.
(d) His wife will be ugly.
3. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A garden.
(c) A forest.
(d) A lakeshore.
4. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A lover.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A physician.
5. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A musician.
(c) A historian.
(d) A philosopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
2. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
3. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
4. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)