|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
2. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
(a) King Anarch.
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Dipsodes.
(b) The Amazons.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The English.
4. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
5. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) A bag.
(c) A crown.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
2. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
3. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
4. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)