|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
3. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
4. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
(b) Jean Audeau's.
(d) Herr Trippa's.
5. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Green and gold.
(b) Blue and orange.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Black and tan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
2. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
4. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
5. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)