|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
(a) Frere Jean.
(c) King Anarch.
(d) Chretien Wechel of Paris.
3. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A dirt hut.
(b) A paper doll.
(c) A wooden horse.
(d) A woven basket.
4. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
5. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
(b) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
2. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
3. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. At what island does Pantagruel's ship stop in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)