|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
(b) Comte de Rushin.
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(b) Frere Jean's.
3. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
(c) Comte de Rushin.
4. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
(a) The Cardinal de Chatillon.
(b) King Henry of France.
(c) The Thalamege.
(d) Prince William II.
5. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(c) Jean Audeau.
(d) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
2. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
3. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
4. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)