|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
2. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
(a) Ten gold coins.
(b) A sword.
(d) A horse.
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
(b) Jean Audeau.
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
4. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
5. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
(a) Abbey of the Ottomans.
(b) Abbey of the Turks.
(c) Abbey of the Thelemites.
(d) Abbey or the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
2. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
4. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
5. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)