|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
2. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
3. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
(a) Chretien Wechel of Paris.
(b) Frere Jean.
(d) King Anarch.
4. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A musician.
(d) A historian.
5. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
(b) International government.
(d) Human judgments.
Short Answer Questions
1. The individual Pantagruel suggests Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen is what?
2. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
3. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
5. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)