|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
(a) Abbey of the Ottomans.
(b) Abbey of the Turks.
(c) Abbey of the Thelemites.
(d) Abbey or the King.
2. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Go to London.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Come home.
3. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
4. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
3. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
4. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)