|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. What does one of the pilgrims' staff hit, causing Gargantua to spit them out in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A cavity.
(b) His throat.
(c) His stomach lining.
(d) His bowels.
3. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
4. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Poison Foam."
(b) "Dangerous Brew."
(c) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(d) "Healthful Drink."
5. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
2. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
3. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)