|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) King Anarch.
(c) Loup Garou.
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
3. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(b) Frere Jean.
4. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(b) Prince Charles.
5. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
2. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
3. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
5. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)