|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(c) Prince Charles.
2. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
3. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
4. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
3. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
4. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)