|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Black and tan.
(b) Green and gold.
(c) Blue and orange.
(d) Blue and white.
3. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
4. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
5. The Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that this book was written in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
5. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)