|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
(a) The works of Socrates.
(b) The works of Homer.
(c) The works of Aristotle.
(d) The works of Virgil.
2. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(a) A pain killer.
(b) A constrictive.
(c) A poison.
3. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The English.
(d) The Italians.
4. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(d) Frere Jean.
5. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
2. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
3. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
4. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
5. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)