|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
(a) Comte de Rushin.
2. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
3. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(d) Hog jowels.
4. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1522 or 1523.
(b) 1531 or 1532.
(c) 1515 or 1516.
(d) 1513 or 1514.
5. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
(c) Herr Trippa's.
(d) Jean Audeau's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
2. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
4. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
5. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)