|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
2. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) King Henry of England.
(c) King Henry of France.
(d) Queen Quintessence.
3. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
4. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
(c) King Anarch.
5. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The English.
(d) The Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
2. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
3. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)