|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(b) Too high above him.
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
3. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) King Anarch.
4. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Prologue of the Author advises the reader to do what?
(a) Stand up against oppression.
(b) Humble himself before God.
(c) Look to the humanists.
(d) Turn from God.
5. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
2. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. What do Pantagruel and Panurge decide to visit for advice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-seven?
5. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)