|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(c) Frere Jean.
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
3. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(d) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
4. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
5. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
2. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
3. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
4. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
5. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)