|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
2. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will be happily married.
(b) He will have ten children.
(c) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
(d) His wife will be ugly.
3. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
4. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
5. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A musician.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A historian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
5. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)