|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Magister Virgil.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
4. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(a) The Chelidoine.
(b) The Carthanan.
(c) The Gargantua.
(d) The Thalamege.
5. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
2. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
3. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)