|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Prologue, To the Most Illustrious Prince, The Royal Privilege, The Prologue of the Author, and Chapters 1-5 (p. 615-680).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pantagruel and Panurge decide to visit for advice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-seven?
(a) The Wall of China.
(b) The Dive Bouteille.
(c) The Hall of Homer.
(d) The future.
2. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
3. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Loup Garou.
(c) King Anarch.
4. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
5. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
3. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
5. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)