|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(b) Frere Jean.
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) President of Court.
(b) President of Petitions.
(c) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(d) Receiver of Petitions.
3. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1513 or 1514.
(b) 1531 or 1532.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1515 or 1516.
4. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
2. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
4. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
5. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)