|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(a) King Anarch.
2. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
3. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) Dipsodes' camp.
(c) The walls of Paris.
(d) La Follie-Gobelin.
4. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(b) Frere Jean.
5. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(d) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
2. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
4. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
5. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)