|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
2. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A woven basket.
(b) A paper doll.
(c) A wooden horse.
(d) A dirt hut.
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
4. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(d) Prince Charles.
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Poison Foam."
(b) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(c) "Healthful Drink."
(d) "Dangerous Brew."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
2. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
3. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
4. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)