|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
2. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(b) Medieval fairy tales.
(c) Medieval war tales.
(d) Medieval romances.
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
4. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) One hundred weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) Seventy days.
(d) Eleven months.
5. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
3. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. Pantagruel advises Panurge to foretell whether he will have a good or bad marriage from what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
5. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)