|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
2. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
(d) Comte de Rushin.
3. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(b) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
4. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(b) King Picrochole the Third.
(c) Frere Jean.
5. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
2. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
4. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
5. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)