|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
2. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
(a) Comte de Rushin.
3. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Magister Virgil.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
4. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
(b) King Anarch.
(c) Chretien Wechel of Paris.
(d) Frere Jean.
5. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) An olive branch.
(b) A concoction.
(c) A special book.
(d) A peace flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
2. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
4. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)