|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
2. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
3. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
4. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval war tales.
(b) Medieval romances.
(c) Medieval fairy tales.
5. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
2. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
5. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)