|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) Loup Garou.
2. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Poison Foam."
(b) "Healthful Drink."
(c) "Dangerous Brew."
(d) "Antidoted Bubbles."
3. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) The walls of Paris.
(b) Dipsodes' camp.
(d) La Follie-Gobelin.
4. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval romances.
(b) Medieval war tales.
(c) Medieval fairy tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
2. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
3. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
4. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
5. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)