|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
(d) Comte de Rushin.
2. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
(c) King Anarch.
(d) Jean Audeau.
4. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
(b) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(c) King Picrochole the Third.
5. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(d) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
2. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
3. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
4. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
5. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)