|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch's.
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
3. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval fairy tales.
(b) Medieval romances.
(c) Medieval war tales.
4. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
5. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Magister Virgil.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
2. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
3. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
4. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
5. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)