|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(b) Frere Jean.
2. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(a) Bubonic plague.
(d) A drought.
3. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
(a) A sword.
(c) A horse.
(d) Ten gold coins.
4. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His foot.
(b) His ear.
(c) His hair.
(d) His tongue.
5. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
2. What does one of the pilgrims' staff hit, causing Gargantua to spit them out in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
5. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)