|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) Loup Garou.
(b) King Anarch.
2. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(a) A poison.
(b) A pain killer.
(d) A constrictive.
3. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
4. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(c) Hog jowels.
5. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
(a) Jean Audeau.
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
3. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
4. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)