|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
(b) A sword.
(c) Ten gold coins.
(d) A horse.
2. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) Loup Garou.
3. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1513 or 1514.
(b) 1515 or 1516.
(c) 1531 or 1532.
(d) 1522 or 1523.
4. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(c) Hog jowels.
5. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(d) Jean Audeau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
2. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
3. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
4. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
5. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)