|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) Jean Audeau.
(b) Frere Jean.
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(b) Jean Audeau.
3. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
4. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A forest.
(c) A garden.
(d) A lakeshore.
5. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) The walls of Paris.
(c) Dipsodes' camp.
(d) La Follie-Gobelin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
2. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
3. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
5. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)