|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(c) King Anarch.
2. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
3. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(b) Bubonic plague.
(c) A drought.
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
5. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
(b) Merchant of the year.
(c) Master of Petitions.
(d) Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
2. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
3. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
5. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)