|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
2. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
3. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A peace flower.
(b) An olive branch.
(c) A special book.
(d) A concoction.
4. Pantagruel advises Panurge to foretell whether he will have a good or bad marriage from what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(a) His dreams.
(b) The works of Homer.
(c) The clouds.
(d) An encyclopedia.
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval fairy tales.
(c) Medieval war tales.
(d) Medieval romances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
2. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
5. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)