|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
2. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
3. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(c) King Anarch.
4. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
(a) The King's Greed.
(b) The King's Power.
(c) The King's Privilege.
(d) The Royal Prerogative.
5. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
2. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
3. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
4. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
5. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)