|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
2. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch.
3. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(b) Frere Jean.
4. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1513 or 1514.
(b) 1531 or 1532.
(c) 1515 or 1516.
(d) 1522 or 1523.
5. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A lakeshore.
(b) A forest.
(c) A garden.
(d) A meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
3. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
4. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
5. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)