|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(b) Magister Virgil.
2. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A forest.
(b) A meadow.
(c) A lakeshore.
(d) A garden.
3. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(d) King Anarch.
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
5. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Receiver of Petitions.
(b) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(c) President of Petitions.
(d) President of Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
2. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
3. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
4. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
5. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)