|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(a) Frere Jean.
2. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
3. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A poem.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A note of appreciation.
(d) An epitaph.
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
5. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
2. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
3. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)