|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(b) A drought.
(c) Bubonic plague.
2. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The English.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Italians.
3. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(a) A poison.
(b) A pain killer.
(c) A constrictive.
4. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A garden.
(c) A lakeshore.
(d) A forest.
5. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
3. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
4. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
5. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)