|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His hair.
(b) His tongue.
(c) His foot.
(d) His ear.
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) President of Petitions.
(b) Receiver of Petitions.
(c) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(d) President of Court.
3. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1531 or 1532.
(b) 1522 or 1523.
(c) 1513 or 1514.
(d) 1515 or 1516.
4. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(a) Too high above him.
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
2. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
4. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
5. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)