|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
2. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
3. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
(b) Comte de Rushin.
4. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
2. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
3. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
4. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
5. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)