|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
2. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(d) Hog jowels.
3. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
(a) Prime Minister.
(c) Merchant of the year.
(d) Master of Petitions.
4. What does one of the pilgrims' staff hit, causing Gargantua to spit them out in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) His stomach lining.
(b) His throat.
(c) His bowels.
(d) A cavity.
5. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(c) Frere Jean's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
2. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
3. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
4. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
5. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)