|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Two years.
(b) One hundred weeks.
(c) Seventy days.
(d) Eleven months.
2. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Blue and white.
(b) Green and gold.
(c) Blue and orange.
(d) Black and tan.
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
(a) Jean Audeau.
(b) King Anarch.
4. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Bodum.
(b) King Anarch.
(c) King Fasil.
(d) King Blaine.
5. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) Loup Garou.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
2. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
3. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
4. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
5. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)