|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
2. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) King Anarch.
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
4. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
5. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(b) Public lectures.
(c) Art museums.
(d) The theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
2. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
3. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
5. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)