|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Go to London.
(d) Come home.
2. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A wooden horse.
(b) A paper doll.
(c) A dirt hut.
(d) A woven basket.
3. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
4. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval war tales.
(b) Medieval fairy tales.
(c) Medieval romances.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
3. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
5. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)