|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
3. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
4. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
5. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)