|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(b) "Dangerous Brew."
(c) "Healthful Drink."
(d) "Poison Foam."
2. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(c) Magister Virgil.
3. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Dipsodes.
(c) The English.
(d) The Amazons.
5. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
3. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
4. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
5. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)