|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1513 or 1514.
(b) 1515 or 1516.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1531 or 1532.
2. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
(a) Abbey of the Ottomans.
(b) Abbey of the Thelemites.
(c) Abbey or the King.
(d) Abbey of the Turks.
3. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(c) King Anarch.
4. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(b) A drought.
(d) Bubonic plague.
5. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
2. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
3. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
4. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
5. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)