|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The English.
2. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(b) Frere Jean.
3. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) All thirst.
(b) Cruel leader.
(c) Giant man.
(d) All love.
4. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(c) Hog jowels.
5. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(d) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
2. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
3. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
4. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
5. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)