|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
2. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
(c) King Anarch.
3. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1531 or 1532.
(b) 1515 or 1516.
(c) 1513 or 1514.
(d) 1522 or 1523.
4. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
(a) Frere Jean.
(b) King Picrochole the Third.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
2. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
3. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)