|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval fairy tales.
(c) Medieval romances.
(d) Medieval war tales.
2. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
3. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
4. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
3. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
4. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)