|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1513 or 1514.
(b) 1515 or 1516.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1531 or 1532.
3. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(c) Magister Virgil.
4. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Fasil.
(b) King Bodum.
(c) King Blaine.
(d) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
2. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
3. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
4. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
5. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)