|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) Frere Jean.
(b) Jean Audeau.
2. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A dirt hut.
(b) A paper doll.
(c) A wooden horse.
(d) A woven basket.
3. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(b) Hog jowels.
4. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His ear.
(b) His foot.
(c) His hair.
(d) His tongue.
5. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Magister Virgil.
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)