|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(b) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. What does one of the pilgrims' staff hit, causing Gargantua to spit them out in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) His throat.
(b) A cavity.
(c) His stomach lining.
(d) His bowels.
3. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
3. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
4. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
5. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)