|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
3. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
4. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(c) Jean Audeau.
(d) Frere Jean.
5. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
2. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)