|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
(a) King Anarch.
2. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
3. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Dangerous Brew."
(b) "Poison Foam."
(c) "Healthful Drink."
(d) "Antidoted Bubbles."
4. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) Frere Jean.
(c) Jean Audeau.
5. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
(a) Merchant of the year.
(c) Prime Minister.
(d) Master of Petitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
2. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
3. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
4. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
5. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)