|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
2. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
3. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
4. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(a) Bubonic plague.
(b) A drought.
5. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(a) A constrictive.
(b) A pain killer.
(d) A poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
2. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
3. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
4. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
5. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)