|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1515 or 1516.
(b) 1513 or 1514.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1531 or 1532.
3. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(b) King Picrochole the Third.
4. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) Giant man.
(b) All thirst.
(c) Cruel leader.
(d) All love.
5. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
2. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
4. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
5. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)