|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
(b) King Anarch.
2. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
3. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
(c) Comte de Rushin.
4. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A symphony.
(b) A poem.
(c) An epitaph.
(d) A note of appreciation.
5. Who does Grandgousier summon in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(b) Frere Jean.
(c) Jean Audeau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does King Picrochole send to patrol in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-one?
2. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
4. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
5. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)