|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(b) Frere Jean.
(d) King Picrochole the Third.
2. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
(d) King Anarch.
3. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
4. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
5. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(c) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
2. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
3. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
4. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)