|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The English.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Russians.
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(b) Jean Audeau.
3. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
4. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(b) Hog jowels.
5. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
3. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
4. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
5. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)