|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
3. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
4. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(b) Loup Garou.
5. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(c) The Isle of Ennasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
2. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
4. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
5. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)