|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 36-56 and Almanac (p. 322-387).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
3. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A concoction.
(b) An olive branch.
(c) A special book.
(d) A peace flower.
4. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) King Anarch.
5. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
2. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
3. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
5. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)