|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A wooden horse.
(b) A dirt hut.
(c) A woven basket.
(d) A paper doll.
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
3. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
3. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
5. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)