|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) All love.
(b) All thirst.
(c) Cruel leader.
(d) Giant man.
3. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) King Anarch's.
4. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) King Anarch.
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
3. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)