|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) Giant man.
(b) All love.
(c) Cruel leader.
(d) All thirst.
2. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
4. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) King Anarch.
5. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
2. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
3. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
4. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
5. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)