|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
2. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(d) Hog jowels.
3. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Blue and white.
(b) Black and tan.
(c) Blue and orange.
(d) Green and gold.
4. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) Loup Garou.
5. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) President of Court.
(b) President of Petitions.
(c) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(d) Receiver of Petitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
3. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
5. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)