|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(c) Too high above him.
2. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) Loup Garou.
3. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
4. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) An epitaph.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A poem.
(d) A note of appreciation.
5. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(c) Hog jowels.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
2. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
3. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)