|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
2. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Seventy days.
(b) Two years.
(c) One hundred weeks.
(d) Eleven months.
3. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
4. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(a) Too high above him.
5. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(b) King Anarch.
(d) Loup Garou.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
3. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
4. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
5. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)