|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A poem.
(b) A note of appreciation.
(c) A symphony.
(d) An epitaph.
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
3. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(b) Francois Rabelais.
(c) Maitre Hughes Salel.
4. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A dirt hut.
(b) A woven basket.
(c) A paper doll.
(d) A wooden horse.
5. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
3. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
4. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
5. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)