|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Loup Garou.
(c) King Anarch.
2. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
3. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
4. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) All thirst.
(b) Giant man.
(c) All love.
(d) Cruel leader.
5. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
3. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
5. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)