|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The English.
2. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(d) Hog jowels.
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
4. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Seventy days.
(b) One hundred weeks.
(c) Eleven months.
(d) Two years.
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Poison Foam."
(b) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(c) "Healthful Drink."
(d) "Dangerous Brew."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
3. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
5. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)