|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
3. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(c) King Anarch's.
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The English.
(b) The Amazons.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Dipsodes.
5. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(b) Too high above him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
2. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
4. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
5. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)