|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A poem.
(b) An epitaph.
(c) A note of appreciation.
(d) A symphony.
2. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(b) Prince Charles.
3. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
4. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
5. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
3. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
4. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
5. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)