|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) King Bodum.
(c) King Blaine.
(d) King Fasil.
2. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A special book.
(b) An olive branch.
(c) A concoction.
(d) A peace flower.
3. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(d) Hog jowels.
4. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
5. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(c) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
2. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
3. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
4. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
5. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)