|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(b) Loup Garou.
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Amazons.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The English.
(d) The Dipsodes.
4. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(c) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
5. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(a) Maitre Hughes Salel.
(d) Francois Rabelais.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
3. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)