|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(a) Francois Rabelais.
(b) Maitre Hughes Salel.
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) Giant man.
(b) All thirst.
(c) All love.
(d) Cruel leader.
3. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) King Anarch's.
4. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The English.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Russians.
5. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Receiver of Petitions.
(b) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(c) President of Court.
(d) President of Petitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
3. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
5. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)