|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Healthful Drink."
(b) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(c) "Poison Foam."
(d) "Dangerous Brew."
3. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(d) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
4. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A woven basket.
(b) A dirt hut.
(c) A wooden horse.
(d) A paper doll.
5. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
2. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
4. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)