|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A woven basket.
(b) A dirt hut.
(c) A paper doll.
(d) A wooden horse.
2. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval war tales.
(c) Medieval romances.
(d) Medieval fairy tales.
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(a) Bubonic plague.
(b) A drought.
5. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
2. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
4. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
5. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)