|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
2. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
(b) Jean Audeau.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
4. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
5. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
2. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)