|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The English.
(d) The Turks.
2. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A wooden horse.
(b) A dirt hut.
(c) A paper doll.
(d) A woven basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
3. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
5. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)