|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
2. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
3. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
2. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
3. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
4. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
5. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)