|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) Cruel leader.
(b) Giant man.
(c) All thirst.
(d) All love.
3. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
4. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) One hundred weeks.
(b) Eleven months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Seventy days.
5. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A peace flower.
(b) A concoction.
(c) A special book.
(d) An olive branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
2. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
3. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
5. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)