|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1515 or 1516.
(b) 1513 or 1514.
(c) 1531 or 1532.
(d) 1522 or 1523.
3. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Prince Charles.
4. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(a) Francois Rabelais.
(c) Maitre Hughes Salel.
5. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Dipsodes.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Amazons.
(d) The English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
3. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)