|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) La Follie-Gobelin.
(b) Dipsodes' camp.
(d) The walls of Paris.
2. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(b) A poison.
(c) A pain killer.
(d) A constrictive.
4. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
5. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
2. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
5. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)