|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
(d) King Anarch.
2. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) Dipsodes' camp.
(b) La Follie-Gobelin.
(d) The walls of Paris.
3. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) King Anarch.
(d) Loup Garou.
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval war tales.
(c) Medieval fairy tales.
(d) Medieval romances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
2. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
3. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)