|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Receiver of Petitions.
(b) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(c) President of Petitions.
(d) President of Court.
2. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(b) Loup Garou.
(c) King Anarch.
3. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
4. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
5. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1522 or 1523.
(b) 1513 or 1514.
(c) 1531 or 1532.
(d) 1515 or 1516.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
3. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
5. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)