|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(b) President of Petitions.
(c) President of Court.
(d) Receiver of Petitions.
3. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) An epitaph.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A poem.
(d) A note of appreciation.
4. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
5. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(d) Prince Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
3. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
4. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
5. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)