|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(d) Loup Garou.
3. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1513 or 1514.
(b) 1515 or 1516.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1531 or 1532.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
2. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
3. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
5. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)