|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
3. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(a) Francois Rabelais.
(b) Maitre Hughes Salel.
4. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) President of Petitions.
(b) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(c) Receiver of Petitions.
(d) President of Court.
5. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(a) A drought.
(d) Bubonic plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
2. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
5. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)