|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Fasil.
(b) King Bodum.
(c) King Blaine.
(d) King Anarch.
2. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval fairy tales.
(b) Medieval war tales.
(d) Medieval romances.
3. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch.
4. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1522 or 1523.
(b) 1513 or 1514.
(c) 1531 or 1532.
(d) 1515 or 1516.
5. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) Receiver of Petitions.
(b) President of Court.
(c) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(d) President of Petitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
2. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
5. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)