|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) La Follie-Gobelin.
(b) The walls of Paris.
(c) Dipsodes' camp.
2. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch.
3. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A concoction.
(b) A peace flower.
(c) An olive branch.
(d) A special book.
5. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) President of Court.
(b) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(c) Receiver of Petitions.
(d) President of Petitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
3. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)