|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(b) Bubonic plague.
(d) A drought.
2. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval fairy tales.
(b) Medieval war tales.
(d) Medieval romances.
3. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) King Anarch.
4. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A special book.
(b) A peace flower.
(c) A concoction.
(d) An olive branch.
5. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) King Anarch's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
3. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
4. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
5. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)