|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(d) Loup Garou.
3. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) The Isle of Ennasin.
4. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) All thirst.
(b) Giant man.
(c) Cruel leader.
(d) All love.
5. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
(b) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)