|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
3. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
4. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval fairy tales.
(c) Medieval romances.
(d) Medieval war tales.
5. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) King Anarch's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
2. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
3. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
4. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
5. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)