|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(d) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(c) Frere Jean's.
3. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Bodum.
(b) King Anarch.
(c) King Fasil.
(d) King Blaine.
4. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
5. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
4. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
5. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)