|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
2. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(d) Prince Charles.
3. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
4. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) Loup Garou.
(d) King Anarch.
5. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His hair.
(b) His ear.
(c) His tongue.
(d) His foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
2. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
3. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
4. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
5. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)