|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(c) King Anarch's.
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
3. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
4. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Fasil.
(b) King Blaine.
(c) King Bodum.
(d) King Anarch.
5. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)