|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
2. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The English.
(b) The Amazons.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Dipsodes.
3. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
4. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(b) Too high above him.
5. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Loup Garou.
(c) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
3. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
4. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
5. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)