|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(c) Maitre Hughes Salel.
(d) Francois Rabelais.
2. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) Loup Garou.
(d) King Anarch.
3. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
(a) King Anarch.
5. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
3. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
4. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
5. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)