|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) Loup Garou.
(d) King Anarch.
3. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Fasil.
(b) King Bodum.
(c) King Anarch.
(d) King Blaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
2. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
3. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)