|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1513 or 1514.
(b) 1522 or 1523.
(c) 1531 or 1532.
(d) 1515 or 1516.
2. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The English.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Amazons.
(d) The Dipsodes.
3. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval war tales.
(b) Medieval romances.
(c) Medieval fairy tales.
5. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
3. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
5. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)