|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
2. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(a) Medieval romances.
(c) Medieval fairy tales.
(d) Medieval war tales.
3. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(a) Too high above him.
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Dipsodes.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The English.
(d) The Amazons.
5. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
3. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
4. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
5. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)