|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(b) Prince Charles.
2. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) King Anarch's.
3. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(d) Loup Garou.
4. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A symphony.
(b) A note of appreciation.
(c) A poem.
(d) An epitaph.
5. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
2. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
3. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
4. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
5. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)