|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) King Fasil.
(c) King Bodum.
(d) King Blaine.
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1513 or 1514.
(b) 1531 or 1532.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1515 or 1516.
3. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) King Anarch.
(d) Loup Garou.
4. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
5. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The English.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Dipsodes.
(d) The Amazons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
3. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
4. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)