|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A symphony.
(b) A poem.
(c) A note of appreciation.
(d) An epitaph.
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
3. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) President of Petitions.
(b) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
(c) Receiver of Petitions.
(d) President of Court.
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) King Blaine.
(b) King Fasil.
(c) King Anarch.
(d) King Bodum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
2. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)