Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A forest.
(b) A lakeshore.
(c) A garden.
(d) A meadow.
2. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
(c) King Anarch.
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(c) Magister Virgil.
5. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
(a) Reading Virgil.
(b) Using cards.
(c) Talking to a fortune teller.
(d) Throwing dice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
2. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
3. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
4. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)