Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction, Rabelais to Mind of the Queen of Navarre, the King's Privilege, Prologue and Chapters 1-13 (p. 389-461).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
(a) His ear.
(b) His foot.
(c) His hair.
(d) His tongue.
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
3. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
4. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) Loup Garou.
5. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
2. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
3. What does Gargantua accidentally swallow the six pilgrims with in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
4. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
5. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)