Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Introduction, To Readers, Prologue of the Author and Chapters 1-17 (p. 195-261).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Amazons.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Dipsodes.
(d) The English.
3. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
4. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(d) Too high above him.
5. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
4. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
5. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)