|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantagruel: Chapters 18-23, Pantagrueline Prognostication for 1533 and Prefaces to Almanacs for 1533 and 1535 (p. 133-194).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(c) Too high above him.
2. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The English.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Italians.
3. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
4. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
5. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
2. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
3. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
4. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
5. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)