|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
(b) Forbidden things.
(c) Great warriors.
(d) God-like men.
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Frere Jean's.
3. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) The Isle of Ennasin.
4. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
5. What is abstracted from France by the virtue of the Decretals?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
2. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
3. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
4. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)