|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the pilgrims' staff hit, causing Gargantua to spit them out in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A cavity.
(b) His stomach lining.
(c) His bowels.
(d) His throat.
2. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
(b) Frere Jean.
(c) Chretien Wechel of Paris.
(d) King Anarch.
3. What does Homenaz give Pantagruel and his men in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
4. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
(a) Throwing dice.
(b) Using cards.
(c) Reading Virgil.
(d) Talking to a fortune teller.
5. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(c) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
2. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
3. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
4. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
5. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)