|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(a) Frere Jean.
2. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch's.
4. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two, Gaster describes how he invented the art of remaining untouched and unwounded by what when attacked by enemies?
(d) Sword thrusts.
5. Pantagruel denounces both the Gastrolaters and who in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-eight?
(a) The Interminers.
(b) The Eucledians.
(c) The Engastrimyths.
(d) The Chicanous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
2. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
3. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. Panurge begs who to sell him a sheep in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Six and Seven?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)