|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel greeted oddly by the natives in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
(c) The Isle of Ennasin.
2. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. What does one of the pilgrims' staff hit, causing Gargantua to spit them out in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) His throat.
(b) His bowels.
(c) His stomach lining.
(d) A cavity.
4. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) A bag.
(b) A crown.
(d) A hat.
5. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(c) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
2. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
3. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty tell of how the Gastrolaters worship Gaster as their what?
4. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
5. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)