|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
2. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(a) Frere Jean.
(c) King Picrochole the Third.
3. What does Panurge do with the sheep he's bought in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) Throws it in the sea.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Cages it.
(d) Lights it on fire.
4. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven, Epistemon explains why monks are readily found where?
(a) In kitchens.
(b) In monasteries.
(c) In court.
(d) In restrooms.
5. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
2. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
3. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
4. Panurge begs who to sell him a sheep in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Six and Seven?
5. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)