|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(d) Frere Jean.
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1513 or 1514.
(b) 1515 or 1516.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1531 or 1532.
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Amazons.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Dipsodes.
(d) The English.
4. Who does Braggart kill for accusing him of corruption in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-five?
(b) King Anarch.
5. What does Homenaz give Pantagruel and his men in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
3. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
4. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
5. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)