|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) Giant man.
(b) All thirst.
(c) Cruel leader.
(d) All love.
2. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
3. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(c) Frere Jean's.
4. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Queen Quintessence.
(c) King Henry of France.
(d) King Henry of England.
5. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty tell of how the Gastrolaters worship Gaster as their what?
(a) Ventripotent god.
(b) Omnipresent deity.
(c) Revolutionary hero.
(d) Cultural icon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
2. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
3. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
4. Who claims "those who are not very bright could never spend so much in so short a time" in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
5. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)