|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Healthful Drink."
(b) "Dangerous Brew."
(c) "Poison Foam."
(d) "Antidoted Bubbles."
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Frere Jean's.
3. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(c) King Anarch.
4. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
(a) A historian.
(b) A musician.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A philosopher.
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(a) The Gargantua.
(b) The Carthanan.
(c) The Thalamege.
(d) The Dipsody.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven, Epistemon explains why monks are readily found where?
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
3. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)