|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two, Gaster describes how he invented the art of remaining untouched and unwounded by what when attacked by enemies?
(b) Sword thrusts.
2. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
(c) Human judgments.
(d) International government.
3. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
4. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
(a) High-Priestess Bacbuc.
(c) Messer Gaster.
(d) King Anarch.
5. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
2. Pantagruel purchases a series of tapestries depicting the life and deeds of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
3. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
4. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
5. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)