|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comedy of cruelty does Panurge describe in Pantagruel: Chapters Thirteen through Sixteen?
(a) The Story of Aphrodite and Eros.
(b) The Story of the Thelemites and Chicanous.
(c) The Story of Thelemas and Helen.
(d) The Story of Seigneur de Basche and Chicanous.
2. Where do six pilgrims returning from Saint Sebastian's hide in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) A forest.
(b) A lakeshore.
(c) A meadow.
(d) A garden.
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. Who does Gargantua take as prisoner in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-two?
(b) Comte de Rushin.
5. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
3. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
4. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)