|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will be happily married.
(b) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
(c) His wife will be ugly.
(d) He will have ten children.
2. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
(a) A cat.
(b) A shark.
(c) A lamb.
4. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(a) Art museums.
(c) Public lectures.
(d) The theatre.
5. Who does Pantagruel have read to the men on his ship from the books Gargantua sent while they are at sea in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Four?
(c) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
3. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
4. The hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous earn their living how?
5. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)