|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
2. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
3. What does Panurge stand by the galley with to prevent the shepherds from saving themselves in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eight?
(a) A broom.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sword.
(d) An oar.
4. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(b) King Anarch.
5. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(c) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
2. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
3. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
4. Who is referred to by Pantagruel and his men as the first Master of Arts in this world?
5. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Fifty-nine and Sixty tell of how the Gastrolaters worship Gaster as their what?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)