|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Go to London.
(d) Come home.
2. Who does Pantagruel send to learn the reason for the Chidlings animosity in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
3. What does one of the pilgrims' staff hit, causing Gargantua to spit them out in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-six?
(a) His stomach lining.
(b) His bowels.
(c) His throat.
(d) A cavity.
4. Pantagruel denounces both the Gastrolaters and who in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-eight?
(a) The Engastrimyths.
(b) The Interminers.
(c) The Eucledians.
(d) The Chicanous.
5. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
(c) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks why many men avoid monks in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
2. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
4. The hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous earn their living how?
5. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)