|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. Gaster tells Pantagruel how he invented the means of gathering and conserving what in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Sixty-one and Sixty-two?
3. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
(a) Abbey of the Turks.
(b) Abbey of the Ottomans.
(c) Abbey or the King.
(d) Abbey of the Thelemites.
4. The inhabitants of where drink to the health of Pantagruel in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
(a) His helmet.
(b) His armor.
(c) His codpiece.
(d) His crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
2. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
4. The individual Pantagruel suggests Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen is what?
5. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)