|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
2. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
3. Who sent the ship in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
(b) King Anarch.
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
(a) A musician.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A historian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
2. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
3. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
4. Who becomes stuck in a tree as he encourages the men to have courage in Gargantua: Chapter Forty?
5. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: The Royal Privilege gives the right to reprint the story to whom?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)