|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. Near what island do Pantagruel's ships sail in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixty-six?
(a) Isle of the Ganabin.
(b) Island of Dreams.
(c) Island of the Papimanes
(d) Ile Farouche.
3. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
(a) Using cards.
(b) Reading Virgil.
(c) Throwing dice.
(d) Talking to a fortune teller.
4. Fourth Book of Pantagruel: To the Most-Illustrious Prince is addressed to whom?
(a) King Henry of France.
(b) Prince William II.
(c) The Cardinal de Chatillon.
(d) The Thalamege.
5. Pantagruel denounces both the Gastrolaters and who in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-eight?
(a) The Engastrimyths.
(b) The Chicanous.
(c) The Interminers.
(d) The Eucledians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
2. What does Homenaz give Pantagruel and his men in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-four?
3. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
4. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
5. What does Grandgousier give to each pilgrim for their journey in Gargantua: Chapter Forty-three?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)