|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the abbey built by Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Fifty?
(a) Abbey or the King.
(b) Abbey of the Turks.
(c) Abbey of the Thelemites.
(d) Abbey of the Ottomans.
2. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
3. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
4. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(c) Frere Jean.
5. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pantagruel and his men see the hairy tribe of Procureers and Chicanous?
2. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
3. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
4. What does Pantagruel cast on deck but not allow his men to preserve in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifty-five?
5. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)