|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(b) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
2. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(b) Maitre Hughes Salel.
(d) Francois Rabelais.
4. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) King Anarch.
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Healthful Drink."
(b) "Poison Foam."
(c) "Dangerous Brew."
(d) "Antidoted Bubbles."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
4. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
5. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)