|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Two years.
(b) Seventy days.
(c) Eleven months.
(d) One hundred weeks.
2. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(b) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
5. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The English.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Turks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
2. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
4. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)