|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(d) Loup Garou.
3. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
4. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
5. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(c) The Isle of Ennasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
3. What does Pantagruel cover his men with from the rain in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
5. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)