|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(c) King Picrochole the Third.
2. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
4. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(b) King Anarch's.
5. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1531 or 1532.
(b) 1513 or 1514.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1515 or 1516.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
2. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
5. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)