|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(a) Art museums.
(c) Public lectures.
(d) The theatre.
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) All love.
(b) All thirst.
(c) Giant man.
(d) Cruel leader.
3. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(a) A drought.
(c) Bubonic plague.
4. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(c) Too high above him.
5. What man with a Germanic tongue does Pantagruel meet in Pantagruel: Chapter Nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. Whose defeat does Carpalim announce to the city in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
4. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
5. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)