|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel receive instead of the office in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
3. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(d) Magister Virgil.
4. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
5. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The English.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Dipsodes.
(d) The Amazons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
2. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
3. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
4. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
5. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)