|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
2. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
3. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
4. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A paper doll.
(b) A dirt hut.
(c) A woven basket.
(d) A wooden horse.
5. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(c) A drought.
(d) Bubonic plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
2. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
3. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
4. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)