|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1522 or 1523.
(b) 1515 or 1516.
(c) 1531 or 1532.
(d) 1513 or 1514.
2. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(b) King Anarch.
3. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Eleven months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Seventy days.
(d) One hundred weeks.
4. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
5. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(b) Frere Jean's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
2. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
3. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
4. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
5. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)