|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1531 or 1532.
(b) 1513 or 1514.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1515 or 1516.
2. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(b) Francois Rabelais.
(c) Maitre Hughes Salel.
3. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
4. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(a) Art museums.
(c) Public lectures.
(d) The theatre.
5. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
(b) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(d) King Picrochole the Third.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
2. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
5. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)