|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A woven basket.
(b) A paper doll.
(c) A dirt hut.
(d) A wooden horse.
2. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
4. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
5. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Seventy days.
(b) One hundred weeks.
(c) Eleven months.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
3. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
5. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)