|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Go to London.
(d) Come home.
2. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(a) Art museums.
(b) Public lectures.
(c) The theatre.
4. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
5. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A poem.
(b) A note of appreciation.
(c) An epitaph.
(d) A symphony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua attempt to devote himself to in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty?
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
4. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
5. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)