|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
(a) King Anarch.
2. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
3. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
4. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
5. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1513 or 1514.
(b) 1522 or 1523.
(c) 1515 or 1516.
(d) 1531 or 1532.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
3. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
4. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
5. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)