|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
(b) King Picrochole the Third.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
4. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. Who summons the inhabitants of the city to set fire to the Dipsodes' camp in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Loup Garou.
(c) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
2. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
3. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. What leader does Pantagruel challenge to single combat in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
5. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)