|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel's army march to take the entire kingdom by force in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(a) The Isle of Ennasin.
2. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A concoction.
(b) A peace flower.
(c) A special book.
(d) An olive branch.
4. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(b) The Isle of Ennasin.
5. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(b) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
3. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
4. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
5. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)