|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. Who does Panurge dress as a crier of green sauce in order to settle him into a trade in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
(d) King Anarch.
3. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
4. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
5. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Frere Jean's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
3. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
4. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)