|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel sent to study in Pantagruel: Chapter 5?
2. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Go to Paris.
(b) Come home.
(c) Go to London.
(d) Go to church.
3. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(b) Medieval war tales.
(c) Medieval fairy tales.
(d) Medieval romances.
4. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
5. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) One hundred weeks.
(b) Seventy days.
(c) Eleven months.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what king does Pantagruel send the prisoner in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
2. How many men in copper spheres are sent into Pantagruel's stomach to dislodge a mountain of ordure in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-three?
3. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
4. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
5. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)