|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who among Pantagruel's men has his neck slit in Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
(d) Loup Garou.
2. What does Pantagruel send the prisoner with to the king in Pantagruel: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A concoction.
(b) A peace flower.
(c) A special book.
(d) An olive branch.
3. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) The English.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Turks.
4. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1515 or 1516.
(b) 1513 or 1514.
(c) 1522 or 1523.
(d) 1531 or 1532.
5. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Eleven months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One hundred weeks.
(d) Seventy days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
2. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
3. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
4. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
5. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)