|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(b) Too high above him.
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
3. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(d) Magister Virgil.
4. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
5. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
Short Answer Questions
1. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
3. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
4. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
5. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)