|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(c) Prince Charles.
3. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Magister Virgil.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
4. In Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-two, the people of Dipsodes surrender to Pantagruel, except for whom?
(a) King Anarch.
5. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
4. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)