|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gargantua: Chapters 18-35 (p. 261-322).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(a) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
2. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(c) Hog jowels.
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Dipsodes.
(b) The English.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Amazons.
4. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A paper doll.
(b) A woven basket.
(c) A wooden horse.
(d) A dirt hut.
5. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1522 or 1523.
(b) 1515 or 1516.
(c) 1513 or 1514.
(d) 1531 or 1532.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
2. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
3. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
4. Where does Pantagruel send Carpalim in Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)