Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 51-67 (p. 810-872).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that many monks are lazy in Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-eight?
(a) King Picrochole the Third.
(c) Frere Jean.
2. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(c) Frere Jean.
3. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Frere Jean's.
4. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(a) The theatre.
(b) Art museums.
(d) Public lectures.
5. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Sybil.
(b) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
2. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
3. What ship arrives in the harbor in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Three to report on Pantagruel's circumstances?
4. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
5. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)