|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
2. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(b) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
3. Where is Pantagruel preparing to go in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To the desert.
(c) To sea.
(d) To the forest.
4. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
(b) Prince Charles.
5. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
3. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
4. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)