|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
(a) His crown.
(b) His codpiece.
(c) His helmet.
(d) His armor.
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
3. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(b) King Anarch.
4. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
5. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(b) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
2. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
3. Who does Panurge talk of having escaped because they wanted to roast him alive in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
5. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)