|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A physician.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A lover.
2. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
3. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
(a) The King's Greed.
(b) The Royal Prerogative.
(c) The King's Privilege.
(d) The King's Power.
4. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
(b) God-like men.
(c) Great warriors.
(d) Forbidden things.
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Healthful Drink."
(b) "Dangerous Brew."
(c) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(d) "Poison Foam."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
2. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
5. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)