|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A lover.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A physician.
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(b) Frere Jean's.
3. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
(b) God-like men.
(c) Forbidden things.
(d) Great warriors.
4. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
5. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(d) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
2. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
4. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
5. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)