|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(b) Too high above him.
2. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(b) Frere Jean's.
3. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
4. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(c) King Anarch.
5. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
(a) International government.
(b) Human judgments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
2. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
4. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
5. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)