|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Magister Virgil.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
2. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(b) "Poison Foam."
(c) "Healthful Drink."
(d) "Dangerous Brew."
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
5. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
2. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
3. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
4. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
5. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)