|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(b) Public lectures.
(c) Art museums.
(d) The theatre.
2. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
(a) Frere Jean.
(b) Chretien Wechel of Paris.
(c) King Anarch.
3. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(b) Magister Virgil.
4. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
5. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pantagruel preparing to go in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
2. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
3. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
4. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
5. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)