|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
2. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
(b) International government.
(d) Human judgments.
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
4. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(c) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
5. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
(a) Master of Petitions.
(c) Prime Minister.
(d) Merchant of the year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
2. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
3. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
4. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
5. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)