|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(d) The Isle of Ennasin.
2. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
3. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
(c) International government.
(d) Human judgments.
4. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
(a) The works of Aristotle.
(b) The works of Virgil.
(c) The works of Homer.
(d) The works of Socrates.
5. Who brings an action against the Sorbonnists in court in Gargantua: Chapter Nineteen?
(d) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
3. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
4. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
5. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)