|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
2. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. It is written in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-two that Gargantua spent rainy days attending what?
(a) Public lectures.
(c) Art museums.
(d) The theatre.
4. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
(b) Jean Audeau.
(c) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
5. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
(a) Great warriors.
(b) Forbidden things.
(c) God-like men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
2. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
4. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)