|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
(a) Merchant of the year.
(c) Master of Petitions.
(d) Prime Minister.
2. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A wooden horse.
(b) A paper doll.
(c) A dirt hut.
(d) A woven basket.
3. What plant does Pantagruel take with him in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
4. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
5. How many knights approach Pantagruel's vessel in Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
2. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
4. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
5. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)