|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
2. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
3. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(a) A constrictive.
(b) A pain killer.
(c) A poison.
4. What is made for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Eleven?
(a) A paper doll.
(b) A woven basket.
(c) A dirt hut.
(d) A wooden horse.
5. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
(b) Jean Audeau.
(c) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
2. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
3. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
4. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
5. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)