|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Merchant of the year.
(d) Master of Petitions.
2. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(b) The Isle of Ennasin.
3. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Eleven months.
(b) One hundred weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) Seventy days.
4. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
5. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A lover.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A physician.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
3. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
4. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
5. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)