|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Panurge of a remedy for cuckoldry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
(a) A lover.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A physician.
(d) A lawyer.
2. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(c) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
3. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(c) Too high above him.
4. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
(a) Chretien Wechel of Paris.
(b) Frere Jean.
(d) King Anarch.
5. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
2. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
3. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
4. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
5. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)