|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published by whom?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) Frere Jean.
(c) Chretien Wechel of Paris.
2. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
(a) The works of Aristotle.
(b) The works of Homer.
(c) The works of Socrates.
(d) The works of Virgil.
3. Who does Pantagruel learn have laid waste to Utopia in Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Amazons.
(c) The Dipsodes.
(d) The English.
4. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
5. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
(a) His crown.
(b) His codpiece.
(c) His helmet.
(d) His armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose wisdom is Pantagruel's compared in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
2. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
4. Where is Pantagruel preparing to go in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
5. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)