|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
2. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(b) "Healthful Drink."
(c) "Poison Foam."
(d) "Dangerous Brew."
3. Panurge suggests making the decision of whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven by doing what?
(a) Talking to a fortune teller.
(b) Using cards.
(c) Throwing dice.
(d) Reading Virgil.
4. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Eleven months.
(b) One hundred weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) Seventy days.
5. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
4. Whose reputation grows after winning the dispute against the Englishman in Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
5. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)