|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) One hundred weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) Seventy days.
(d) Eleven months.
2. What position is offered to Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten?
(a) President of Petitions.
(b) Receiver of Petitions.
(c) President of Court.
(d) Receiver of Petitions and President of Court.
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
(a) King Anarch.
(c) Jean Audeau.
4. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
(a) His codpiece.
(b) His helmet.
(c) His crown.
(d) His armor.
5. Where is Pantagruel preparing to go in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-nine?
(a) To the desert.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To sea.
(d) To the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
2. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
3. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
4. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
5. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)