|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
(a) The Royal Prerogative.
(b) The King's Privilege.
(c) The King's Power.
(d) The King's Greed.
2. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
(d) The islands of Tohu and Bohu.
3. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(c) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
(d) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
4. Pantagruel refuses the offer given to him in Pantagruel: Chapter Ten because he believes such offices are like what?
(a) Too high above him.
5. What does Pantagruel suggest he and Panurge consult to determine whether Panurge should marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twelve?
(a) The works of Socrates.
(b) The works of Aristotle.
(c) The works of Homer.
(d) The works of Virgil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
2. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
3. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
4. What do Pantagruel and Panurge decide to visit for advice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-seven?
5. Who examines cases by rolling dice in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)