|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-eight, Gargantua wishes who will marry but not without his parents' consent?
2. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A musician.
(d) A historian.
3. Who kills many of the enemy when he sees them stealing the grapes that the monastery uses for an entire year of wine in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(b) Frere Jean des Entommeures.
4. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Black and tan.
(b) Green and gold.
(c) Blue and white.
(d) Blue and orange.
5. What position does Ulrich Gallet hold in Gargantua?
(b) Master of Petitions.
(c) Merchant of the year.
(d) Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that though lending and borrowing is sometimes necessary, it should be used sparingly?
2. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
3. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
4. Panurge and his compatriots discuss the fact that women desire what in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-four?
5. Who utters obscure words in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-five in the way of advice for Panurge?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)