|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Green and gold.
(b) Blue and orange.
(c) Black and tan.
(d) Blue and white.
2. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(b) A pain killer.
(c) A constrictive.
(d) A poison.
3. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(c) Hog jowels.
4. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
5. What gives permission to the king to print and sell Rabelais' book as written in Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction?
(a) The Royal Prerogative.
(b) The King's Power.
(c) The King's Greed.
(d) The King's Privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
2. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
3. Who orders his men to march against the shepherds of Utopia in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-four?
4. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
5. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)