|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gargantua's father ask him to do by letter in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-six?
(a) Come home.
(b) Go to London.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Go to Paris.
2. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) A queen.
(b) A witch.
(c) A monk.
(d) A fool.
3. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Blue and white.
(b) Green and gold.
(c) Blue and orange.
(d) Black and tan.
4. Who fails to satisfactorily advise Panurge whether or not to marry in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters Thirty-five and Thirty-six?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A historian.
(d) A musician.
5. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
2. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
3. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
4. Pantagruel attends a hearing judged by whom in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. What does Pantagruel intend to have a look at with his friend in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)