|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel assign the castellany of Salmagundi in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Two?
(c) Frere Jean.
2. What does Panurge cease to wear in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seven?
(a) His crown.
(b) His armor.
(c) His codpiece.
(d) His helmet.
3. Where does Pantagruel stroll toward to seek recreation from his studies in Pantagruel: Chapter Eleven?
(d) The Faubourg Saint-Marcel.
4. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(b) The Isle of Ennasin.
5. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge take the advice from in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-seven?
(a) A fool.
(b) A queen.
(c) A monk.
(d) A witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Third Book of Pantagruel: Introduction states that the humanist type of this book was published in what year?
2. Who consults Seraphin Calobarsy to set Gargantua on a better path in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-one?
3. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
4. What English scholar comes to visit Pantagruel in Pantagruel: Chapter Thirteen?
5. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)