|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 33-52 (pages 536-614).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who addresses Gargantua to explain the importance of the bells in Gargantua: Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(b) Magister Virgil.
2. What occupation does Seraphin Calobarsy hold?
3. Of whom is it written, "if ever there was such a one in Paris, a felon, a cheat, a tippler, a loafer, a scrounger, but that apart, the nicest young lad in the world"?
4. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Two years.
(b) Seventy days.
(c) Eleven months.
(d) One hundred weeks.
5. Gargantua's countrymen get into a dispute with the bakers of where in Gargantua: Chapter Twenty-three?
(a) The Isle of Ennasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
2. What land does Pantagruel subdue in the beginning of Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter One?
3. Who insists in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Five that there would be harmony in a world where all men are both debtors and borrowers?
4. In Gargantua: Chapter Thirty-one, le Comte Spandassaino and Captain Squirt use what to convince Picrochole to attack the cities and fortresses of Utopia?
5. In Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-four, Pantagruel tells a curious story about perplexity of what?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)