|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
2. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Dangerous Brew."
(b) "Poison Foam."
(c) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(d) "Healthful Drink."
3. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
4. The narrator explains that what should not be hated by humans in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
5. Who points out the land where Quaremeprenant reigns in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
(b) King Anarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
2. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
3. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)