|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
(a) Herr Trippa's.
(c) Jean Audeau's.
2. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
(b) Jean Audeau.
3. With whom does Panurge head toward Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Sixteen?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) The Sybil.
4. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(b) King Anarch.
(c) The Sybil.
5. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
2. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
3. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
4. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
5. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)