|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will be happily married.
(b) His wife will be ugly.
(c) He will have ten children.
(d) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
2. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
3. Who points out the land where Quaremeprenant reigns in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
(b) King Anarch.
4. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(a) The Island of Ruach.
(b) Island of the Papefigues.
(d) Ringing Island.
5. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
(a) Colonel Farouche.
(b) Colonel Spoilchidling.
(c) Colonel Bacbuc.
(d) Colonel Medamothi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
2. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
3. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
4. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)