|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
(a) A constrictive.
(b) A pain killer.
(c) A poison.
2. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
3. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
4. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(b) A hat.
(c) A crown.
(d) A bag.
5. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Religious allusion.
(d) Plot structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
2. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
4. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
5. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)