|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(a) The Island of Ruach.
(b) Ringing Island.
(d) Island of the Papefigues.
2. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
3. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
4. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Plot structure.
(b) Religious allusion.
5. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eleven months.
(c) Seventy days.
(d) One hundred weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
2. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
3. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
4. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
5. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)