|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel send to learn the reason for the Chidlings animosity in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
2. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
(b) Hog jowels.
3. What does Pantagruel interpret Panurge's dream to mean in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He will be happily married.
(b) He will be cuckolded and beaten.
(c) His wife will be ugly.
(d) He will have ten children.
4. Where does Pantagruel sail for in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-nine?
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Healthful Drink."
(b) "Dangerous Brew."
(c) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(d) "Poison Foam."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered by whom?
2. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
3. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
4. What is the name of Gargantua's mother?
5. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)