|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(a) Ringing Island.
(b) Island of the Papefigues.
(d) The Island of Ruach.
2. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
(b) Jean Audeau's.
(c) Herr Trippa's.
3. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
4. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
5. What is the name of the satirical poem in Gargantua: Chapter Two?
(a) "Antidoted Bubbles."
(b) "Dangerous Brew."
(c) "Healthful Drink."
(d) "Poison Foam."
Short Answer Questions
1. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
2. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
4. What does the midwife administer to Gargantua's mother when she goes into labor?
5. Who does Pantagruel send to learn the reason for the Chidlings animosity in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-one?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)