|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
2. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
3. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
(a) Lady Niphleseth.
(c) King Anarch.
(d) Jean Audeau.
4. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Sybil.
(d) King Anarch.
5. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
(a) Colonel Bacbuc.
(b) Colonel Medamothi.
(c) Colonel Spoilchidling.
(d) Colonel Farouche.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
2. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
3. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
4. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
5. What does Gargantua's mother eat a lot of during her pregnancy in Gargantua: Chapter Four?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)