|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long is Gargantua's mother pregnant with Gargantua?
(a) Seventy days.
(b) Eleven months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One hundred weeks.
2. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
3. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
4. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
5. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
(a) King Anarch.
(b) Jean Audeau.
(d) Lady Niphleseth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aged French poet does Panurge seek the advice on in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty?
2. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
3. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
4. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
5. The narrator explains that what should not be hated by humans in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)