|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
(a) Black and tan.
(b) Green and gold.
(c) Blue and orange.
(d) Blue and white.
2. What does Pantagruel see scrambling up trees as he and his men dine in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-five?
3. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
4. What does Gargantua's father exclaim upon Gargantua's birth?
5. In Gargantua: Chapter One, the author writes that Gargantua's lineage was uncovered in a meadow near what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
2. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
3. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
4. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
5. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)