|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator explains that what should not be hated by humans in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-eight?
2. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(b) Ringing Island.
(c) Island of the Papefigues.
(d) The Island of Ruach.
3. Who does Pantagruel ask to parley with in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty-two?
(a) Jean Audeau.
(b) Lady Niphleseth.
(c) King Anarch.
4. What beast does Pantagruel see near Ile Farouche in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-three?
5. Who tells Panurge that marriage is a matter fraught with risk in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-four?
Short Answer Questions
1. After a journey of how many days does Panurge reach Panzoust in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Seventeen?
2. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
3. What did the wife in Panurge's dream put on his head in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
4. Gargantua: Introduction informs that this is the first known edition of "Gargantua" and was written early in what year?
5. With whom does Panurge share a discussion about a monastical cabbala concerning salted beef in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)