One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapters 28-50 (p. 747-810).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Panurge and Pantagruel debate the meaning of in ancient literary traditions in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Religious allusion.
(b) Plot structure.
2. Who does Panurge describe at Panzoust who foretells all things to come in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Fifteen?
(a) The Sybil.
(d) King Anarch.
3. What is the name of Gargantua's father?
(a) Magister Janotus de Bragmardo.
4. Where do Pantagruel and his men land where the inhabitants eat and drink nothing but wind?
(b) Island of the Papefigues.
(c) The Island of Ruach.
(d) Ringing Island.
5. Whose engineers set up a Great Sow stored in the ship which the cooks and he enter into in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Forty?
(c) Frere Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors are the livery Gargantua's father orders for Gargantua in Gargantua: Chapter Seven?
2. Whose advice is Panurge advised to seek in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-five?
3. Pantagruel tells the story of whom in Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Twenty-eight?
4. Who does Pantagruel suggest Panurge seek the advice of in Third Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Nineteen?
5. In Fourth Book of Pantagruel: Chapter Thirty-six, Pantagruel summons the marines aboard his vessels, Colonel Poke-Banger and who?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)