Pantagruel: Introduction, Dixain, Prologue and Chapters 1-9 (p. 1-74)
1. How many novels are contained in the collection "Gargantua and Pantagruel" by Francois Rabelais?
2. Pantagruel: Introduction explains that this is the first edition of "Pantagruel" which was dated when?
(a) 1531 or 1532.
(b) 1522 or 1523.
(c) 1515 or 1516.
(d) 1513 or 1514.
3. Pantagruel: Dixain was written by whom?
(b) Maitre Hughes Salel.
(d) Francois Rabelais.
4. In Pantagruel: Prologue, the author compared the novel to what literary genre?
(b) Medieval war tales.
(c) Medieval fairy tales.
(d) Medieval romances.
5. How many generations of Pantagruel's genealogy are described in Pantagruel: Chapter One?
6. What is the name of Pantagruel's father?
7. What is the name of Pantagruel's mother?
8. What does the name Pantagruel mean?
(a) All love.
(b) Giant man.
(c) All thirst.
(d) Cruel leader.
9. What plagues Africa during Pantagruel's birth?
(c) A drought.
(d) Bubonic plague.
10. What does Pantagruel's father compose for Pantagruel's mother after his birth?
(a) A poem.
(b) An epitaph.
(c) A note of appreciation.
(d) A symphony.
This section contains 4,066 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)