|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joel headed?
2. With relief and gratitude, Olivia surrendered her will to ____?
3. What little bit of revenge did Olivia get in regards to Malcolm?
4. What did Malcolm narrowly miss doing to Mal?
5. What did Alicia ask?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had provided the reason for Olivia to search out Christopher?
2. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
3. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
4. How did Alicia end up passing the time?
5. What had Mal done against his father's wishes, and why did this please Olivia?
6. Why didn't Olivia immediately begin crying when she finished reading the telegram proclaiming Joel's death?
7. What did Alicia insist that Olivia do?
8. How was little Corinne the light of Foxworth Hall?
9. The two boys had to learn to live with what and why?
10. How was Christopher very diplomatic and fair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Olivia is very opinionated about women's rights, and why women are where they are. Discuss the feminist movement and what changes it brought about for the world. Has society fully accepted women as equal to men? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the high society people who attend Malcolm's parties. How do they treat Olivia? Suggest reasons for this treatment. How does this same society react to Corinne?
Essay Topic 3
How did Olivia deal with Malcolm's betrayal when he impregnated Alicia? How had she found the perfect solution that would allow everyone to save face and yet allow herself to remain in complete control of everyone? What events precipitated these actions?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)