|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fix does Olivia offer to Alicia so Malcolm doesn't come after her?
2. Who provided loving support to Corinne?
3. How old was Corinne the first time she got to eat at the dinner table?
4. Why is Malcolm to transfer a million dollars into trust for each of the boys?
5. What little happiness did Olivia give to Alicia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Olivia and Malcolm both continued to mourn the loss of Mal and Joel, Corinne wished to get on with her life and continue living and go back to being happy. Discuss the difference in behavior between the three people regarding the death of Mal and Joel and illustrate how each dealt with the passing.
Essay Topic 2
Both Mal and Joel died due to fact that they hadn't listened to their father. Prove or disprove this statement and discuss how the story might have been altered if they had both been allowed to live.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the deaths of Mal and Joel. What possible reasons might the author have had for killing them both off? How did their deaths affect the final outcome of the story, if at all?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)