|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Malcolm attempted to do to Alicia?
2. What did Mal love?
3. What did Christopher exhibit openly?
4. How much was Malcolm to transfer into a trust account for his sons?
5. What drink did Malcolm serve at Corrine`s birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
2. What had provided the reason for Olivia to search out Christopher?
3. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
4. What did Alicia insist that Olivia do?
5. For what reasons had Olivia suspected that John Amos was jealous of Christopher?
6. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
7. How did Alicia end up passing the time?
8. How did Olivia regain her dignity after Malcolm's betrayal?
9. What had Malcolm already discussed with Mal and Joel?
10. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Malcolm knows that he is playing favorites by spoiling Corinne and not his boys, he refuses to treat the three children equally. What reasons might he have for this behavior, and what motivates it? How does his behavior influence Corinne?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, contrast is utilized to provide clarity to situations and characters. Find three examples of this and illustrate the contrast between them.
Essay Topic 3
Although Olivia and Malcolm both continued to mourn the loss of Mal and Joel, Corinne wished to get on with her life and continue living and go back to being happy. Discuss the difference in behavior between the three people regarding the death of Mal and Joel and illustrate how each dealt with the passing.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)