|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did Alicia look at Olivia hatefully for the first time?
2. What did Olivia say to Malcolm following his attack on Alicia?
3. Malcolm compared Olivia's raising of her sons to what?
4. What did Mrs. Stratton say the confusion was regarding?
5. What enraged Malcolm?
Short Essay Questions
1. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
2. How was Christopher very diplomatic and fair?
3. What had Malcolm already discussed with Mal and Joel?
4. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
5. What was so special to Olivia about Corinne?
6. In what way did Malcolm's opinion of John Amos solidify Olivia's desire to keep him around?
7. After her initial grief over the loss of Mal and Joel, how did Corinne react to the family's continued pallor?
8. What was the ultimatum that Malcolm gave to Alicia?
9. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
10. How did Alicia end up passing the time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the deaths of Mal and Joel. What possible reasons might the author have had for killing them both off? How did their deaths affect the final outcome of the story, if at all?
Essay Topic 2
Although Malcolm doesn't love Olivia, he marries her. Discuss what may have caused Malcolm to seek out a woman to marry whom he would never love? What are some logical reasons for such behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Both Christopher and Corinne are utilized to bring light into Foxworth Hall. What in their personalities could be suggested as 'light' and how would that be spread? Suggest reasons why other characters aren't utilized to shed light and warmth throughout the story.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)