|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revived Malcolm's interest and left him looking excited and almost breathless?
2. Corinne looked more and more like ____ everyday.
3. What did Christopher exhibit openly?
4. When was the baby due?
5. What was the last thing Olivia ordered Malcolm to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her initial grief over the loss of Mal and Joel, how did Corinne react to the family's continued pallor?
2. What had Malcolm already discussed with Mal and Joel?
3. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
4. What was so special to Olivia about Corinne?
5. How was Christopher very diplomatic and fair?
6. How had Olivia reacted coldly to Alicia?
7. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
8. Why had Alicia hoped that Malcolm would help Christopher?
9. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
10. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the general theme of the story. What morals may be gleaned if the reader looks closely? Discuss how the theme and morality of this book intertwine.
Essay Topic 2
Both Christopher and Corinne are utilized to bring light into Foxworth Hall. What in their personalities could be suggested as 'light' and how would that be spread? Suggest reasons why other characters aren't utilized to shed light and warmth throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
Although Malcolm doesn't love Olivia, he marries her. Discuss what may have caused Malcolm to seek out a woman to marry whom he would never love? What are some logical reasons for such behavior?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)