|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Malcolm to transfer a million dollars into trust for each of the boys?
2. How old was Corinne the first time she got to eat at the dinner table?
3. What would Olivia do in the nursery?
4. What did Malcolm name his daughter?
5. What was the last thing that Alicia thought would save her from being condemned?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way did Malcolm's opinion of John Amos solidify Olivia's desire to keep him around?
2. The two boys had to learn to live with what and why?
3. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
4. What had Malcolm already discussed with Mal and Joel?
5. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
6. How did Alicia end up passing the time?
7. For what reasons had Olivia suspected that John Amos was jealous of Christopher?
8. Why had Alicia hoped that Malcolm would help Christopher?
9. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
10. How was Christopher very diplomatic and fair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the deaths of Mal and Joel. What possible reasons might the author have had for killing them both off? How did their deaths affect the final outcome of the story, if at all?
Essay Topic 2
Both Christopher and Corinne are utilized to bring light into Foxworth Hall. What in their personalities could be suggested as 'light' and how would that be spread? Suggest reasons why other characters aren't utilized to shed light and warmth throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
Although Malcolm knows that he is playing favorites by spoiling Corinne and not his boys, he refuses to treat the three children equally. What reasons might he have for this behavior, and what motivates it? How does his behavior influence Corinne?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)