|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person was at Corinne's beck and call?
2. What did Christopher exhibit openly?
3. At what point did Alicia look at Olivia hatefully for the first time?
4. What did Mal love?
5. What little bit of revenge did Olivia get in regards to Malcolm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
2. In what way did Malcolm's opinion of John Amos solidify Olivia's desire to keep him around?
3. After her initial grief over the loss of Mal and Joel, how did Corinne react to the family's continued pallor?
4. How was Christopher very diplomatic and fair?
5. How did Alicia end up passing the time?
6. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
7. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
8. What was so special to Olivia about Corinne?
9. What was the ultimatum that Malcolm gave to Alicia?
10. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Malcolm's frugal nature. When was his frugality forgotten and for what purpose? Explain how his stingy nature everywhere else in his life led Malcolm to financial success, and how beautiful women could be considered as his financial downfall or his vice.
Essay Topic 2
Although Malcolm doesn't love Olivia, he marries her. Discuss what may have caused Malcolm to seek out a woman to marry whom he would never love? What are some logical reasons for such behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the high society people who attend Malcolm's parties. How do they treat Olivia? Suggest reasons for this treatment. How does this same society react to Corinne?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)