|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Amos say that Olivia had invited into her home?
2. Where had Christopher been accepted?
3. What did Mal love?
4. What kind of music did Alicia like?
5. What did Malcolm deny Corinne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had provided the reason for Olivia to search out Christopher?
2. What was so special to Olivia about Corinne?
3. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
4. What did Alicia insist that Olivia do?
5. How had Olivia reacted coldly to Alicia?
6. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
7. How did Olivia regain her dignity after Malcolm's betrayal?
8. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
9. What had Malcolm already discussed with Mal and Joel?
10. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Malcolm makes every effort to ensure that Corinne never goes without, yet ignores both of his sons. Discuss why this might be. How does Malcolm view Corinne? In what way does he make allowances for her that he didn't make for Mal and Joel? How does she repay this favoritism?
Essay Topic 2
Although Olivia and Malcolm both continued to mourn the loss of Mal and Joel, Corinne wished to get on with her life and continue living and go back to being happy. Discuss the difference in behavior between the three people regarding the death of Mal and Joel and illustrate how each dealt with the passing.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Alicia's progression from innocence to experience throughout her stay at Foxworth Hall. How did she end up reacting to the cold and unforgiving nature of Olivia, and how might this be utilized as a metaphor for the real world?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)