|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom did Malcolm receive a letter?
2. What didn't Christopher understand when he arrived at Foxworth?
3. With relief and gratitude, Olivia surrendered her will to ____?
4. What did John Amos say that Olivia had invited into her home?
5. Why did Alicia finally choose to tell Olivia what was happening?
Essay Topic 1
Malcolm makes every effort to ensure that Corinne never goes without, yet ignores both of his sons. Discuss why this might be. How does Malcolm view Corinne? In what way does he make allowances for her that he didn't make for Mal and Joel? How does she repay this favoritism?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the general theme of the story. What morals may be gleaned if the reader looks closely? Discuss how the theme and morality of this book intertwine.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the deaths of Mal and Joel. What possible reasons might the author have had for killing them both off? How did their deaths affect the final outcome of the story, if at all?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)