|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Amos say that Olivia had invited into her home?
2. What did Malcolm call Alicia while he had his way with her?
3. What was the last thing that Alicia thought would save her from being condemned?
4. What fix does Olivia offer to Alicia so Malcolm doesn't come after her?
5. What discussion did Olivia have with Mal and Joel?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Alicia's progression from innocence to experience throughout her stay at Foxworth Hall. How did she end up reacting to the cold and unforgiving nature of Olivia, and how might this be utilized as a metaphor for the real world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the general theme of the story. What morals may be gleaned if the reader looks closely? Discuss how the theme and morality of this book intertwine.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Olivia's pleasure in pulling the strings when she sends Alicia away to give birth. What about this suggests that Olivia has issues with her ego? Explain Olivia's psychological temperament that inspires her to derive pleasure at denying pleasure to others.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)