|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garland say was the reason Corinne left?
2. What specifically does Malcolm's father want as a priority for his room?
3. What color were Malcolm's eyes?
4. What had happened to Malcolm's mother?
5. Why shouldn't Olivia feel subordinate to Malcolm's father's new wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
2. How does Malcolm feel about marriage?
3. What had Olivia been certain about in regards to the attic?
4. What kinds of things did Olivia find in the attic?
5. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
6. What were some of the major differences between Garland and Malcolm?
7. How did the guests make Olivia feel at her reception?
8. What was important about the dress that Olivia selected to wear at her wedding?
9. How did Malcolm react to the news that Olivia couldn't have any more children after Joel?
10. What had Olivia done for her wedding night, and what did she expect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Malcolm doesn't love Olivia, he marries her. Discuss what may have caused Malcolm to seek out a woman to marry whom he would never love? What are some logical reasons for such behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Although Olivia and Malcolm both continued to mourn the loss of Mal and Joel, Corinne wished to get on with her life and continue living and go back to being happy. Discuss the difference in behavior between the three people regarding the death of Mal and Joel and illustrate how each dealt with the passing.
Essay Topic 3
Olivia is very opinionated about women's rights, and why women are where they are. Discuss the feminist movement and what changes it brought about for the world. Has society fully accepted women as equal to men? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)