|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olivia think that she might gain out of Garland's new wife?
2. How much money did Malcolm make in the stock market that day?
3. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
4. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
5. Olivia compared the people at her reception to what animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the guests make Olivia feel at her reception?
2. What kinds of things did Olivia find in the attic?
3. What was important about the dress that Olivia selected to wear at her wedding?
4. How did Olivia feel about the uniforms that she had found?
5. What startled Olivia about the kiss she shared with Malcolm at the end of their wedding?
6. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
7. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
8. What memory did Olivia have that made her feel claustrophobic?
9. How did Malcolm react to the news that Olivia couldn't have any more children after Joel?
10. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Malcolm knows that he is playing favorites by spoiling Corinne and not his boys, he refuses to treat the three children equally. What reasons might he have for this behavior, and what motivates it? How does his behavior influence Corinne?
Essay Topic 2
Although Olivia and Malcolm both continued to mourn the loss of Mal and Joel, Corinne wished to get on with her life and continue living and go back to being happy. Discuss the difference in behavior between the three people regarding the death of Mal and Joel and illustrate how each dealt with the passing.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Olivia's pleasure in pulling the strings when she sends Alicia away to give birth. What about this suggests that Olivia has issues with her ego? Explain Olivia's psychological temperament that inspires her to derive pleasure at denying pleasure to others.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)