Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
2. What did attics represent to Olivia?
3. What did Olivia and Malcolm name their firstborn son?
4. Which of Olivia's thoughts in regards to the North Wing were proved correct?
5. What did Olivia think that she might gain out of Garland's new wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
2. What did Olivia have to fight Malcolm over?
3. What startled Olivia about the kiss she shared with Malcolm at the end of their wedding?
4. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
5. What was the ultimatum that Malcolm gave to Alicia?
6. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
7. How did Garland speak of Malcolm in reference to his childhood?
8. Why didn't Olivia allow Christopher and Cathy to share a bed?
9. How was little Corinne the light of Foxworth Hall?
10. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
Essay Topic 1
Malcolm makes every effort to ensure that Corinne never goes without, yet ignores both of his sons. Discuss why this might be. How does Malcolm view Corinne? In what way does he make allowances for her that he didn't make for Mal and Joel? How does she repay this favoritism?
Essay Topic 2
Although Malcolm knows that he is playing favorites by spoiling Corinne and not his boys, he refuses to treat the three children equally. What reasons might he have for this behavior, and what motivates it? How does his behavior influence Corinne?
Essay Topic 3
Although Malcolm doesn't love Olivia, he marries her. Discuss what may have caused Malcolm to seek out a woman to marry whom he would never love? What are some logical reasons for such behavior?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)