Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
2. What did attics represent to Olivia?
3. What did Olivia and Malcolm name their firstborn son?
4. Which of Olivia's thoughts in regards to the North Wing were proved correct?
5. What did Olivia think that she might gain out of Garland's new wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
2. What did Olivia have to fight Malcolm over?
3. What startled Olivia about the kiss she shared with Malcolm at the end of their wedding?
4. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
5. What was the ultimatum that Malcolm gave to Alicia?
6. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
7. How did Garland speak of Malcolm in reference to his childhood?
8. Why didn't Olivia allow Christopher and Cathy to share a bed?
9. How was little Corinne the light of Foxworth Hall?
10. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
Essay Topic 1
Olivia is very opinionated about women's rights, and why women are where they are. Discuss the feminist movement and what changes it brought about for the world. Has society fully accepted women as equal to men? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How did Olivia deal with Malcolm's betrayal when he impregnated Alicia? How had she found the perfect solution that would allow everyone to save face and yet allow herself to remain in complete control of everyone? What events precipitated these actions?
Essay Topic 3
Both Christopher and Corinne are utilized to bring light into Foxworth Hall. What in their personalities could be suggested as 'light' and how would that be spread? Suggest reasons why other characters aren't utilized to shed light and warmth throughout the story.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)