|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alicia name her son?
2. Why is Malcolm's father dependent on him?
3. How many rooms are in Foxworth Hall?
4. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
5. Which of Olivia's thoughts in regards to the North Wing were proved correct?
Short Essay Questions
1. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
2. Why did Malcolm want to know about Corinne and Christopher eventually?
3. Why did Olivia's father encourage her to go to business school?
4. What both intrigued and dismayed Olivia about the library?
5. How did Malcolm react to the news of Corinne and Christopher?
6. What was so special to Olivia about Corinne?
7. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
8. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
9. How did Mal's birth revive Olivia's hopes for love? What actually occurred?
10. What kinds of things did Olivia find in the attic?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the deaths of Mal and Joel. What possible reasons might the author have had for killing them both off? How did their deaths affect the final outcome of the story, if at all?
Essay Topic 2
Although Malcolm doesn't love Olivia, he marries her. Discuss what may have caused Malcolm to seek out a woman to marry whom he would never love? What are some logical reasons for such behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Although Malcolm knows that he is playing favorites by spoiling Corinne and not his boys, he refuses to treat the three children equally. What reasons might he have for this behavior, and what motivates it? How does his behavior influence Corinne?
This section contains 1,652 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)