Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
2. What did attics represent to Olivia?
3. What did Olivia and Malcolm name their firstborn son?
4. Which of Olivia's thoughts in regards to the North Wing were proved correct?
5. What did Olivia think that she might gain out of Garland's new wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
2. What did Olivia have to fight Malcolm over?
3. What startled Olivia about the kiss she shared with Malcolm at the end of their wedding?
4. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
5. What was the ultimatum that Malcolm gave to Alicia?
6. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
7. How did Garland speak of Malcolm in reference to his childhood?
8. Why didn't Olivia allow Christopher and Cathy to share a bed?
9. How was little Corinne the light of Foxworth Hall?
10. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
Discuss the high society people who attend Malcolm's parties. How do they treat Olivia? Suggest reasons for this treatment. How does this same society react to Corinne?
Both Christopher and Corinne are utilized to bring light into Foxworth Hall. What in their personalities could be suggested as 'light' and how would that be spread? Suggest reasons why other characters aren't utilized to shed light and warmth throughout the story.
When Malcolm finds God, his relationship with Olivia changes dramatically for the better. Suggest reasons for this transformation. What might Malcolm have found in the Bible to change his mind regarding his relationship with his wife?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)