|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Amos say that Olivia had invited into her home?
(d) The devil.
2. From whom did Malcolm receive a letter?
(a) His half brother, Christopher.
(b) His daughter, Corinne.
(d) His mother, Corinne.
3. What did Malcolm name his daughter?
4. What did Malcolm deny Corinne?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Her history of who her mother really was.
(d) Her heritage from her mother, Alicia.
5. How do the servants distinguish between the two Mrs. Foxworths?
(a) They call Olivia "the tall one."
(b) They call Olivia "the cold one."
(c) They call Olivia "the depressing one."
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Olivia do in the nursery?
2. Who provided loving support to Corinne?
3. How much was Malcolm to transfer into a trust account for his sons?
4. At what point did Alicia look at Olivia hatefully for the first time?
5. Why did Malcolm leave Alicia alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way did Malcolm's opinion of John Amos solidify Olivia's desire to keep him around?
2. How did Alicia end up passing the time?
3. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
4. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
5. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
6. The two boys had to learn to live with what and why?
7. What had Malcolm already discussed with Mal and Joel?
8. How was Christopher very diplomatic and fair?
9. How had Olivia reacted coldly to Alicia?
10. After her initial grief over the loss of Mal and Joel, how did Corinne react to the family's continued pallor?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)