|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alicia ask?
(a) That she be able to leave her hair on Garland's grave.
(b) All of these.
(c) That she keep one lock of her long chestnut hair.
(d) That she be allowed to burn her hair.
2. Who did Olivia worry was actually the threat to Corinne in the Swan Room?
(a) The devil.
(b) Alicia's sin.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her grandmother's sin.
3. What did Olivia say to Malcolm following his attack on Alicia?
(a) I pity you.
(b) You're a hateful person.
(c) All of these.
(d) What have you done?
4. With relief and gratitude, Olivia surrendered her will to ____?
(b) Mrs. Worthington.
5. What discussion did Olivia have with Mal and Joel?
(a) About their trust funds.
(b) About not catering so much to Corinne's wants.
(c) Her conversation with her boys regarded neither of these things.
(d) It regarded both of these things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Alicia finally choose to tell Olivia what was happening?
2. How did Alicia react eventually to her imprisonment?
3. How long had Malcolm been forcing himself on Alicia when Olivia had come to talk to her?
4. What did Malcolm narrowly miss doing to Mal?
5. What conversation(s) did Olvia have with Alicia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
2. What had Malcolm already discussed with Mal and Joel?
3. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
4. Why didn't Olivia immediately begin crying when she finished reading the telegram proclaiming Joel's death?
5. What was so special to Olivia about Corinne?
6. Why had Alicia hoped that Malcolm would help Christopher?
7. After her initial grief over the loss of Mal and Joel, how did Corinne react to the family's continued pallor?
8. The two boys had to learn to live with what and why?
9. How did Alicia end up passing the time?
10. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)