|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Malcolm care how Olivia raised her sons?
(a) He considered them lost causes.
(b) Both of these.
(c) He considered them sissied and ruined already.
(d) Neither of these.
2. Where were Christopher and Corinne?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In Corinne's room.
(c) In the Swan room.
(d) In Christopher's room.
3. What was Olivia determined to do?
(a) Not upset the balance between Corinne and Mal and Joel.
(b) Protect herself from the worst in Malcolm.
(c) Raise Corinne right.
(d) Protect her children from the worst in Malcolm.
4. How do the servants distinguish between the two Mrs. Foxworths?
(a) They call Olivia "the cold one."
(b) They call Olivia "the tall one."
(c) They call Olivia "the depressing one."
(d) All of these.
5. What did Mal realize?
(a) That Malcolm had loved Corinne more than Joel and him.
(b) That Malcolm was spoiling Corinne.
(c) All of these.
(d) That Malcolm would never love Joel and him like Corinne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did it make Olivia feel to decide Alicia's fate for her?
2. What has Malcolm sworn?
3. How did Mal die?
4. When was the baby due?
5. What had Olivia discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so special to Olivia about Corinne?
2. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
3. In what way did Malcolm's opinion of John Amos solidify Olivia's desire to keep him around?
4. How had Olivia reacted coldly to Alicia?
5. For what reasons had Olivia suspected that John Amos was jealous of Christopher?
6. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
7. Why had Alicia hoped that Malcolm would help Christopher?
8. What had Mal done against his father's wishes, and why did this please Olivia?
9. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
10. Why didn't Olivia immediately begin crying when she finished reading the telegram proclaiming Joel's death?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)