|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Olivia determined to do?
(a) Raise Corinne right.
(b) Protect her children from the worst in Malcolm.
(c) Protect herself from the worst in Malcolm.
(d) Not upset the balance between Corinne and Mal and Joel.
2. What fix does Olivia offer to Alicia so Malcolm doesn't come after her?
(a) That she scar her face.
(b) That she cut her hair.
(c) That she break a limb.
(d) None of these.
3. From whom did Malcolm receive a letter?
(a) His half brother, Christopher.
(b) His mother, Corinne.
(d) His daughter, Corinne.
4. What was different about Malcolm in regards to Corinne?
(a) His frugality was forgotten with her.
(b) All of these.
(c) She got everything given to her.
(d) He treated her better.
5. What does Olivia have of John Amos'?
(a) His understanding.
(b) His support.
(c) All of these.
(d) His sympathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Alicia's act convincing?
2. How did Alicia react eventually to her imprisonment?
3. Who did Olivia worry was actually the threat to Corinne in the Swan Room?
4. How long had Malcolm been forcing himself on Alicia when Olivia had come to talk to her?
5. From what was Alicia suffering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Mal done against his father's wishes, and why did this please Olivia?
2. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
3. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
4. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
5. What had provided the reason for Olivia to search out Christopher?
6. In what way did Malcolm's opinion of John Amos solidify Olivia's desire to keep him around?
7. What had Malcolm been doing to Alicia?
8. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
9. Why had Alicia hoped that Malcolm would help Christopher?
10. How did Olivia regain her dignity after Malcolm's betrayal?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)