|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the last thing that Alicia thought would save her from being condemned?
(a) That she couldn't remain away from her son.
(b) That she would have to see a doctor.
(c) That the servants would know.
(d) That people would know she had never left.
2. What did Corinne look like in the red velvet dress Malcolm had bought her?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A queen.
(c) All of these.
(d) A princess.
3. What did Christopher exhibit openly?
(b) Forgiveness and understanding.
(c) All of these.
4. Why did Malcolm leave Alicia alone?
(a) She resisted his advances.
(b) All of these.
(c) She wasn't as beautiful after Garland died.
(d) He felt responsible for his father's death.
5. What had Malcolm attempted to do to Alicia?
(a) Smother her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Strangle her.
(d) Rape her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Joel die?
2. What was different about Malcolm in regards to Corinne?
3. How do the servants distinguish between the two Mrs. Foxworths?
4. Why is Malcolm to transfer a million dollars into trust for each of the boys?
5. What does Olivia have of John Amos'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Mal done against his father's wishes, and why did this please Olivia?
2. What had Malcolm been doing to Alicia?
3. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
4. What was the ultimatum that Malcolm gave to Alicia?
5. In what way did Malcolm's opinion of John Amos solidify Olivia's desire to keep him around?
6. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
7. For what reasons had Olivia suspected that John Amos was jealous of Christopher?
8. How was Christopher very diplomatic and fair?
9. How was little Corinne the light of Foxworth Hall?
10. What had Malcolm already discussed with Mal and Joel?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)