|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malcolm call Alicia while he had his way with her?
2. When was the baby due?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
3. What discussion did Olivia have with Mal and Joel?
(a) Her conversation with her boys regarded neither of these things.
(b) About not catering so much to Corinne's wants.
(c) About their trust funds.
(d) It regarded both of these things.
4. Alicia and Malcolm were both certain of what?
(a) That their child would be happy.
(b) That their child would be a boy.
(c) That their child would be a girl.
(d) That their child would be healthy.
5. Why is Malcolm to transfer a million dollars into trust for each of the boys?
(a) So they can leave their father's side.
(b) So they have some control over their own lives.
(c) So they have money.
(d) So they can run their own lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. With relief and gratitude, Olivia surrendered her will to ____?
2. How long had Malcolm been forcing himself on Alicia when Olivia had come to talk to her?
3. What was the last thing that Alicia thought would save her from being condemned?
4. What enraged Malcolm?
5. What did Mal love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
2. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
3. How had Olivia reacted coldly to Alicia?
4. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
5. The two boys had to learn to live with what and why?
6. What had Mal done against his father's wishes, and why did this please Olivia?
7. How was Christopher very diplomatic and fair?
8. How did Alicia end up passing the time?
9. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
10. What had provided the reason for Olivia to search out Christopher?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)