|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person was at Corinne's beck and call?
2. What did Malcolm say in his own defense?
(a) That because Olivia wasn't going to have more children, he would get them where he could.
(b) That Olivia was making too big a deal out of the situation.
(c) All of these.
(d) That Alicia was a temptress and teased him mercilessly.
3. What did Christopher exhibit openly?
(c) Forgiveness and understanding.
(d) All of these.
4. What did Malcolm call Alicia while he had his way with her?
5. What did Olivia do with her female guests?
(a) She let them know exactly what she thought of them.
(b) She interrupted them while they said hateful things about her.
(c) She cut them down.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Malcolm leave Alicia alone?
2. What had Malcolm forbidden Mal to have?
3. How did Mal die?
4. From what was Alicia suffering?
5. What conversation(s) did Olvia have with Alicia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Olivia immediately begin crying when she finished reading the telegram proclaiming Joel's death?
2. What had Mal done against his father's wishes, and why did this please Olivia?
3. What did Alicia insist that Olivia do?
4. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
5. In what way did Malcolm's opinion of John Amos solidify Olivia's desire to keep him around?
6. What was the ultimatum that Malcolm gave to Alicia?
7. How had Olivia reacted coldly to Alicia?
8. Why had Alicia hoped that Malcolm would help Christopher?
9. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
10. The two boys had to learn to live with what and why?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)