|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malcolm narrowly miss doing to Mal?
(a) Slamming his fingers in the piano to break them.
(b) Smacking him.
(c) Hitting him over the head.
(d) All of these.
2. What had Olivia discovered?
(a) Christopher and Corinne were indecent.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Christopher and Corinne were lovers.
3. From whom did Malcolm receive a letter?
(a) His half brother, Christopher.
(c) His mother, Corinne.
(d) His daughter, Corinne.
4. Why did Malcolm leave Alicia alone?
(a) He felt responsible for his father's death.
(b) She resisted his advances.
(c) All of these.
(d) She wasn't as beautiful after Garland died.
5. What little bit of revenge did Olivia get in regards to Malcolm?
(a) She vowed she would ruin him.
(b) She vowed that she would terminate Alicia's pregnancy.
(c) She deposited Alicia's beautiful hair on his desk.
(d) She vowed her sons would hate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What discussion did Olivia have with Mal and Joel?
2. What conversation(s) did Olvia have with Alicia?
3. Where had Christopher been accepted?
4. What did Olivia suggest to Alicia so she wouldn't have to look at herself?
5. What does Olivia have of John Amos'?
Short Essay Questions
1. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
2. How did Olivia regain her dignity after Malcolm's betrayal?
3. How did Alicia end up passing the time?
4. After her initial grief over the loss of Mal and Joel, how did Corinne react to the family's continued pallor?
5. What had Malcolm been doing to Alicia?
6. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
7. What was the ultimatum that Malcolm gave to Alicia?
8. What was so special to Olivia about Corinne?
9. How had Olivia reacted coldly to Alicia?
10. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)