|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Olivia say to Malcolm following his attack on Alicia?
(a) You're a hateful person.
(b) What have you done?
(c) I pity you.
(d) All of these.
2. Who was the most affected by Mal's death?
3. Where were Christopher and Corinne?
(a) In the Swan room.
(b) In Corinne's room.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In Christopher's room.
4. Why did Alicia finally choose to tell Olivia what was happening?
(a) She didn't want to be in Foxworth Hall anymore.
(b) She was attempting to leave.
(c) She was pregnant with Malcolm's child.
(d) She knew Garland would have wanted her to tell Olivia.
5. Malcolm compared Olivia's raising of her sons to what?
(a) All of these.
(b) A chain around his neck.
(c) A weight around his feet.
(d) A whip across his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Amos say that Olivia had invited into her home?
2. Why didn't Malcolm care how Olivia raised her sons?
3. Who provided loving support to Corinne?
4. What was Garland's cause of death?
5. How old was Corinne the first time she got to eat at the dinner table?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her initial grief over the loss of Mal and Joel, how did Corinne react to the family's continued pallor?
2. How was little Corinne the light of Foxworth Hall?
3. What was so special to Olivia about Corinne?
4. Why didn't Olivia immediately begin crying when she finished reading the telegram proclaiming Joel's death?
5. How was Christopher very diplomatic and fair?
6. What was the ultimatum that Malcolm gave to Alicia?
7. What had Mal done against his father's wishes, and why did this please Olivia?
8. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
9. The two boys had to learn to live with what and why?
10. What had Malcolm already discussed with Mal and Joel?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)