|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Malcolm receive a letter?
(a) His mother, Corinne.
(b) His half brother, Christopher.
(d) His daughter, Corinne.
2. What had Olivia discovered?
(a) Christopher and Corinne were lovers.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Christopher and Corinne were indecent.
3. Why didn't Alicia tell Olivia sooner?
(a) She feared losing Olivia as an ally.
(b) She feared Olivia's anger.
(c) She feared that she would lose her only friend and be cast out of Foxworth Hall.
(d) She feared for Christopher's safety, which Malcolm had threatened.
4. What revived Malcolm's interest and left him looking excited and almost breathless?
(a) The knowledge that the Foxworth lineage wasn't dead.
(b) All of these.
(c) The knowledge that he was going to have a son again.
(d) The knowledge that Alicia had sent a letter.
5. What didn't Christopher understand when he arrived at Foxworth?
(a) That half of everything, the estate and business, rightfully belonged to him.
(b) All of these.
(c) That he was the second legitimate son of Garland Foxworth.
(d) That he was there only by the grace of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher wish of Olivia?
2. What did Olivia suggest to Alicia so she wouldn't have to look at herself?
3. What conversation(s) did Olvia have with Alicia?
4. What enraged Malcolm?
5. What didn't Olivia know how to do with the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Alicia insist that Olivia do?
2. How had Olivia reacted coldly to Alicia?
3. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
4. What had Malcolm been doing to Alicia?
5. How did Alicia end up passing the time?
6. Why didn't Olivia immediately begin crying when she finished reading the telegram proclaiming Joel's death?
7. After her initial grief over the loss of Mal and Joel, how did Corinne react to the family's continued pallor?
8. For what reasons had Olivia suspected that John Amos was jealous of Christopher?
9. What had Mal done against his father's wishes, and why did this please Olivia?
10. Why had Alicia hoped that Malcolm would help Christopher?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)