|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Olivia waited to have for so long?
(a) All of these.
(b) Whispered words of love and affection.
(d) Morning kisses.
2. How many phones were there on the desk?
3. What did Malcolm say to Olivia when he came to her that night?
(a) I want a daughter.
(b) I want a son.
(c) I hoped we could be together.
(d) We must do what is necessary.
4. What food is mentioned in Chapter Five?
(b) Small sandwiches.
(c) All of these.
(d) Petit fours.
5. What had Alicia done without Olivia?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Gone for a cruise in the boat.
(c) Gone for a nude swim in the lake.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic(s) of women did Malcolm despise?
2. What was the name of the retired Sunday School teacher?
3. Why shouldn't Olivia feel subordinate to Malcolm's father's new wife?
4. Of whom did Alicia remind Olivia?
5. What did Malcolm's mother have all over the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
2. What lived in the shadows of Malcolm Foxworth? How did this news affect Olivia?
3. Why did Malcolm want to know about Corinne and Christopher eventually?
4. In what way did Malcolm's opinion of John Amos solidify Olivia's desire to keep him around?
5. In what way would Olivia become strictly an instrument of God?
6. What had Olivia been certain about in regards to the attic?
7. Why did Olivia's father encourage her to go to business school?
8. Under what conditions was Corinne allowed to move herself and her children back to Foxworth Hall?
9. What was important about the dress that Olivia selected to wear at her wedding?
10. Why didn't Olivia immediately begin crying when she finished reading the telegram proclaiming Joel's death?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)