|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
(a) Both of these.
(b) That he had given her the day to herself.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) That he didn't want her tiring herself before the reception.
2. When was Malcolm to return that evening?
(a) After she was asleep.
(b) Just before she retired to bed.
(c) Just after she retired.
(d) He wasn't to return that evening.
3. What disappointed Olivia about Malcolm's kiss?
(a) It was cold and chaste.
(b) It was hard and perfunctory.
(c) It had the passion of a wet noodle.
(d) All of these.
4. What did Olivia sense when Malcolm talked about Foxworth Hall and his ambitions?
(a) That nothing meant more to him.
(b) That nothing was more important to him.
(c) All of these.
(d) That she didn't mean anything to him.
5. How many phones were there on the desk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Malcolm attempt to get Olivia to do?
2. Why did Garland feel sorry for Olivia?
3. Malcolm didn't inform his father about what?
4. How did Malcolm feel about musicians?
5. What do Malcolm's parties always reflect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
2. How did Garland speak of Malcolm in reference to his childhood?
3. How did Malcolm react to the news that Olivia couldn't have any more children after Joel?
4. How does Malcolm feel about marriage?
5. In what way did Malcolm come on to Alicia?
6. How did Mal's birth revive Olivia's hopes for love? What actually occurred?
7. What news came by way of Malcolm to Olivia?
8. There are several rooms mentioned as Olivia is escorted through Foxworth Hall for the first time. What is significant about them?
9. What memory did Olivia have that made her feel claustrophobic?
10. What was important about the dress that Olivia selected to wear at her wedding?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)