|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Garland and Alicia do all afternoon?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Fritter away money.
(d) Make love.
2. What did Olivia believe in more than anything?
(a) The church.
(d) All of these.
3. Olivia compared the people at her reception to what animal?
4. How old was Olivia when she lost her mother?
5. What kind of neckline did Olivia's gown that she donned when she went to bed have?
(a) A scoop neck.
(b) None of these.
(c) An empire neckline.
(d) A V-neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did doctors dub this neckline?
2. What was Garland's wife's name?
3. How did Malcolm treat Olivia the first time he 'slept' with her?
4. Who did Malcolm take into the library at their reception?
5. The women at the party reminded Olivia of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Olivia been certain about in regards to the attic?
2. How was Garland and Alicia's love obvious?
3. How does Malcolm feel about marriage?
4. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
5. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
6. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
7. Why did Olivia's father encourage her to go to business school?
8. What were some of the major differences between Garland and Malcolm?
9. What had Malcolm's mother done and what explanation did he offer for her behavior?
10. How did Mal's birth revive Olivia's hopes for love? What actually occurred?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)