|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of neckline did Olivia's gown that she donned when she went to bed have?
(a) A V-neck.
(b) None of these.
(c) A scoop neck.
(d) An empire neckline.
2. What had Alicia done without Olivia?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Gone for a cruise in the boat.
(d) Gone for a nude swim in the lake.
3. At what age was Olivia already considered a spinster?
4. What does Garland say was the reason Corinne left?
(a) Malcolm had an unnatural interest in her.
(b) Malcolm was an impossible child.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
5. Which of Olivia's thoughts in regards to the North Wing were proved correct?
(a) That she shouldn't have mentioned the picture of his mother.
(b) That she shouldn't mention the uniforms she found in the attic.
(c) That embarrassing cousins were once cloistered there.
(d) That she shouldn't mention that she had been in the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to Malcolm's mother?
2. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
3. What disappointed Olivia about Malcolm's kiss?
4. What uniforms did Olivia find in the attic?
5. What was Garland's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory did Olivia have that made her feel claustrophobic?
2. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
3. How did the guests make Olivia feel at her reception?
4. What was important about the dress that Olivia selected to wear at her wedding?
5. What kinds of things did Olivia find in the attic?
6. What both intrigued and dismayed Olivia about the library?
7. How does Malcolm feel about marriage?
8. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
9. In what way did Malcolm come on to Alicia?
10. How was Garland and Alicia's love obvious?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)