|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Garland and Alicia do all afternoon?
(a) Make love.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Fritter away money.
(d) Neither of these.
2. Of whom did Alicia remind Olivia?
(d) All of these.
3. What was in the separate room in the attic?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) A schoolroom.
4. What did Olivia believe in more than anything?
(b) The church.
(c) All of these.
5. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) That he didn't want her tiring herself before the reception.
(d) That he had given her the day to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Malcolm's father dependent on him?
2. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
3. How old was Olivia when she lost her mother?
4. How much money did Malcolm make in the stock market that day?
5. What do Malcolm's parties always reflect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
2. What did Olivia have to fight Malcolm over?
3. What news came by way of Malcolm to Olivia?
4. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
5. What had Malcolm's mother done and what explanation did he offer for her behavior?
6. In what way did Malcolm acknowledge Olivia's desire to be loved?
7. In what way did Malcolm come on to Alicia?
8. There are several rooms mentioned as Olivia is escorted through Foxworth Hall for the first time. What is significant about them?
9. How did Olivia feel about the uniforms that she had found?
10. How did Mal's birth revive Olivia's hopes for love? What actually occurred?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)