|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Malcolm ask Olivia to marry him?
(a) Over dinner.
(b) By the river on a walk.
(c) While upon horseback.
(d) After church.
2. How did Malcolm feel about musicians?
(a) They were weak.
(b) All of these.
(c) They were effeminate.
(d) They made little money.
3. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
(a) An emerald pendant.
(b) A pink sapphire pendant.
(c) A diamond brooch.
(d) A blue sapphire pendant.
4. When was Malcolm to return that evening?
(a) Just after she retired.
(b) He wasn't to return that evening.
(c) Just before she retired to bed.
(d) After she was asleep.
5. What uniforms did Olivia find in the attic?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olivia sense when Malcolm talked about Foxworth Hall and his ambitions?
2. What did Garland and Alicia do all afternoon?
3. Why wasn't Olivia sorry she couldn't bear Malcolm any more children?
4. What thought cheered Olivia when she had seen the small room where she was to work?
5. What did doctors dub this neckline?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
2. What had Olivia been certain about in regards to the attic?
3. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
4. Why had Alicia hoped that Malcolm would help Christopher?
5. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
6. In what way did Malcolm's opinion of John Amos solidify Olivia's desire to keep him around?
7. What lived in the shadows of Malcolm Foxworth? How did this news affect Olivia?
8. What had Olivia done for her wedding night, and what did she expect?
9. Why hadn't Malcolm taken a wife?
10. Under what conditions was Corinne allowed to move herself and her children back to Foxworth Hall?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)