|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Malcolm make in the stock market that day?
(a) Twenty-four thousand dollars.
(b) Twenty-six thousand dollars.
(c) He didn't make any money in the stock market.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
2. What was unusual about the picture of Malcolm's mother?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Everything but the picture had a layer of dust on it.
(c) Both of these.
(d) It sparkled unlike anything else in the room.
3. What seemed to be happening to Garland?
(a) His health seemed to be failing.
(b) He seemed to be aging quickly.
(c) He seemed envious of Malcolm.
(d) He seemed unhappy.
4. What was there in Garland's demeanor that there wasn't in Malcolm's?
(a) Both of these.
(b) A lightness to his step.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) A warmth to his smile.
5. Who learned more about Olivia than anyone else?
(a) All of these.
(b) John Amos.
(c) The lawyer in charge of her father's affairs.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olivia believe in more than anything?
2. What did Malcolm say to Olivia when he came to her that night?
3. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
4. What characteristic(s) of women did Malcolm despise?
5. What had Olivia's father done without her knowledge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Garland speak of Malcolm in reference to his childhood?
2. How did Malcolm react to the news that Olivia couldn't have any more children after Joel?
3. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
4. In what way did Malcolm come on to Alicia?
5. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
6. What had Olivia done for her wedding night, and what did she expect?
7. Why did Olivia's father encourage her to go to business school?
8. How did Olivia feel about the uniforms that she had found?
9. What news came by way of Malcolm to Olivia?
10. What kinds of things did Olivia find in the attic?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)