|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What uniforms did Olivia find in the attic?
(a) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
2. What did doctors dub this neckline?
(a) The Pneumonia blouse.
(b) The Indecent blouse.
(c) The Death blouse.
(d) The Plague blouse.
3. What was the name of Malcolm's father?
4. How many phones were there on the desk?
5. What did Malcolm say to Olivia when he came to her that night?
(a) We must do what is necessary.
(b) I want a daughter.
(c) I hoped we could be together.
(d) I want a son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed to be happening to Garland?
2. What did Olivia represent?
3. What did Malcolm's mother represent?
4. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
5. Where will Malcolm's father be sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news came by way of Malcolm to Olivia?
2. How was Garland and Alicia's love obvious?
3. What both intrigued and dismayed Olivia about the library?
4. What startled Olivia about the kiss she shared with Malcolm at the end of their wedding?
5. How did Mal's birth revive Olivia's hopes for love? What actually occurred?
6. How did the guests make Olivia feel at her reception?
7. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
8. What had Malcolm's mother done and what explanation did he offer for her behavior?
9. In what way did Malcolm come on to Alicia?
10. There are several rooms mentioned as Olivia is escorted through Foxworth Hall for the first time. What is significant about them?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)