|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malcolm's mother represent?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) The ugly duckling.
(c) None of these.
(d) The swan.
2. What day of the week do the servants go to town?
3. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
(a) That her fortune was her own and that Malcolm was not entitled to it.
(b) That he treat her with respect and dignity.
(c) That he honestly love her.
(d) That he have the courage to divorce her if he didn't love her.
4. How did Malcolm treat Olivia the first time he 'slept' with her?
(a) With hatred and lust.
(b) With love and tenderness.
(c) With compassion and respect.
(d) With hesitancy and tenderness.
5. What was there in Garland's demeanor that there wasn't in Malcolm's?
(a) A lightness to his step.
(b) A warmth to his smile.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Olivia when she lost her mother?
2. Olivia compared the people at her reception to what animal?
3. How did Malcolm feel about musicians?
4. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
5. What relative was mentioned by name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
2. How did Olivia feel about the uniforms that she had found?
3. Why hadn't Malcolm taken a wife?
4. What startled Olivia about the kiss she shared with Malcolm at the end of their wedding?
5. How does Malcolm feel about marriage?
6. What news came by way of Malcolm to Olivia?
7. What had Olivia done for her wedding night, and what did she expect?
8. What did Olivia have to fight Malcolm over?
9. What both intrigued and dismayed Olivia about the library?
10. What had Olivia been certain about in regards to the attic?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)