|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mrs. Wilson been with the Foxworths?
(a) Nearly thirty-five years.
(b) Nearly forty years.
(c) Nearly thirty years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. For what or whomwas Malcolm always there?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A damsel in distress.
(d) A pretty lady.
3. What disappointed Olivia about Malcolm's kiss?
(a) All of these.
(b) It was cold and chaste.
(c) It was hard and perfunctory.
(d) It had the passion of a wet noodle.
4. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
(a) That he had given her the day to herself.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) That he didn't want her tiring herself before the reception.
5. At what age did Malcolm lose his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alicia name her son?
2. What animal did the bed in Malcolm's mother's room resemble?
3. What did Olivia sense when Malcolm talked about Foxworth Hall and his ambitions?
4. How did Malcolm feel about musicians?
5. What kind of weather did Olivia have on her wedding day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What both intrigued and dismayed Olivia about the library?
2. How was Garland and Alicia's love obvious?
3. How did Mal's birth revive Olivia's hopes for love? What actually occurred?
4. What kinds of things did Olivia find in the attic?
5. What memory did Olivia have that made her feel claustrophobic?
6. What startled Olivia about the kiss she shared with Malcolm at the end of their wedding?
7. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
8. What did Olivia have to fight Malcolm over?
9. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
10. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)