|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Malcolm treat Olivia the first time he 'slept' with her?
(a) With compassion and respect.
(b) With hesitancy and tenderness.
(c) With hatred and lust.
(d) With love and tenderness.
2. What kind of neckline did Olivia's gown that she donned when she went to bed have?
(a) An empire neckline.
(b) A V-neck.
(c) A scoop neck.
(d) None of these.
3. What disappointed Olivia about Malcolm's kiss?
(a) All of these.
(b) It had the passion of a wet noodle.
(c) It was hard and perfunctory.
(d) It was cold and chaste.
4. What had happened to Malcolm's mother?
(a) She had died in her sleep.
(b) All of these.
(c) She had run off when he was five.
(d) She had killed herself.
5. The women at the party reminded Olivia of what?
(b) Little girls.
(d) Dignified women.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Malcolm to return that evening?
2. What had Olivia's father done without her knowledge?
3. What did attics represent to Olivia?
4. At what age did Malcolm lose his mother?
5. What was in the separate room in the attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What both intrigued and dismayed Olivia about the library?
2. What memory did Olivia have that made her feel claustrophobic?
3. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
4. How did Garland speak of Malcolm in reference to his childhood?
5. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
6. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
7. What news came by way of Malcolm to Olivia?
8. Why hadn't Malcolm taken a wife?
9. What startled Olivia about the kiss she shared with Malcolm at the end of their wedding?
10. What had Malcolm's mother done and what explanation did he offer for her behavior?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)