|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why shouldn't Olivia feel subordinate to Malcolm's father's new wife?
(a) Olivia is likely to be smarter.
(b) She is not likely to be Olivia's equal.
(c) Olivia is likely to be far more beautiful.
(d) The kind of woman that impresses Malcolm's father is the vapid kind.
2. What instrument were Mal and Joel playing?
(a) The trumpet.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The piano.
(d) The saxophone.
3. What did Alicia name her son?
(a) Cristopher Garland.
(b) Garland Christopher.
(c) Cristofer Garland.
(d) Christopher Garland.
4. What did Garland and Alicia do all afternoon?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Make love.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Fritter away money.
5. What color were Alicia's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Olivia's thoughts in regards to the North Wing were proved correct?
2. What animal did the bed in Malcolm's mother's room resemble?
3. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
4. What did attics represent to Olivia?
5. What was in the separate room in the attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news came by way of Malcolm to Olivia?
2. How did Alicia react to Garland's death?
3. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
4. How does Malcolm feel about marriage?
5. How did the guests make Olivia feel at her reception?
6. What memory did Olivia have that made her feel claustrophobic?
7. After her initial grief over the loss of Mal and Joel, how did Corinne react to the family's continued pallor?
8. There are several rooms mentioned as Olivia is escorted through Foxworth Hall for the first time. What is significant about them?
9. What had Malcolm's mother done and what explanation did he offer for her behavior?
10. What had Mal done against his father's wishes, and why did this please Olivia?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)