Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
(b) Mrs. Wilson.
(c) Mrs. Steiner.
(d) Mr. Olsen.
2. What did attics represent to Olivia?
(a) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. What did Olivia and Malcolm name their firstborn son?
(c) Matthew, or Matt.
(d) Malcolm, or Mal.
4. Which of Olivia's thoughts in regards to the North Wing were proved correct?
(a) That she shouldn't mention the uniforms she found in the attic.
(b) That embarrassing cousins were once cloistered there.
(c) That she shouldn't mention that she had been in the attic.
(d) That she shouldn't have mentioned the picture of his mother.
5. What did Olivia think that she might gain out of Garland's new wife?
(a) An ally.
(b) A mothering figure.
(c) Someone to go to for advice.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olivia believe in more than anything?
2. What food is mentioned in Chapter Five?
3. What animal did the bed in Malcolm's mother's room resemble?
4. What relative was mentioned by name?
5. For what are the servants to watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scared Olivia when she had returned to her room?
2. What did Olivia have to fight Malcolm over?
3. What startled Olivia about the kiss she shared with Malcolm at the end of their wedding?
4. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
5. What was the ultimatum that Malcolm gave to Alicia?
6. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
7. How did Garland speak of Malcolm in reference to his childhood?
8. Why didn't Olivia allow Christopher and Cathy to share a bed?
9. How was little Corinne the light of Foxworth Hall?
10. Why did Olivia initially deny Alicia the Victrola or radio?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)