|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malcolm's mother represent?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) The ugly duckling.
(c) The swan.
(d) None of these.
2. What did the women talk about?
(a) Both of these.
(b) How to redecorate their homes.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Clothing styles.
3. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
(a) That he had given her the day to herself.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) That he didn't want her tiring herself before the reception.
4. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
(a) The woman's suffrage movement.
(b) A woman's place in the world.
(c) When she got her period.
(d) How she lost her mother.
5. What did doctors dub this neckline?
(a) The Plague blouse.
(b) The Death blouse.
(c) The Indecent blouse.
(d) The Pneumonia blouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Malcolm's father be sleeping?
2. Where did Malcolm ask Olivia to marry him?
3. At what age was Olivia already considered a spinster?
4. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
5. What did Malcolm's mother have all over the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Olivia been certain about in regards to the attic?
2. How did Olivia feel when she had awakened?
3. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
4. How did Malcolm react to the news that Olivia couldn't have any more children after Joel?
5. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
6. How was Garland and Alicia's love obvious?
7. What news came by way of Malcolm to Olivia?
8. In what way did Malcolm acknowledge Olivia's desire to be loved?
9. How did Garland speak of Malcolm in reference to his childhood?
10. How did Mal's birth revive Olivia's hopes for love? What actually occurred?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)