|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Malcolm usually have on Wednesdays?
2. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
(a) Settling a poker bet.
(b) Breaking up a fight.
(c) Settling a business deal.
(d) Taking his drunken wife out to the car.
3. What was Malcolm's mother's name?
4. At what age did Malcolm lose his mother?
5. What did Garland and Alicia do all afternoon?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Fritter away money.
(d) Make love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
2. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
3. What was in the separate room in the attic?
4. What was there in Garland's demeanor that there wasn't in Malcolm's?
5. Who learned more about Olivia than anyone else?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her initial grief over the loss of Mal and Joel, how did Corinne react to the family's continued pallor?
2. How did Olivia feel about the uniforms that she had found?
3. How did Olivia regain her dignity after Malcolm's betrayal?
4. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
5. At first, what other things did Alicia ask?
6. How had Garland treated Malcolm when he was a child?
7. Why had Alicia hoped that Malcolm would help Christopher?
8. The two boys had to learn to live with what and why?
9. What were some of the major differences between Garland and Malcolm?
10. How was Christopher very diplomatic and fair?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)