|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic(s) of women did Malcolm despise?
(a) Frilly types.
(c) All of these.
(d) Those without an ounce of self respect.
2. What specifically does Malcolm's father want as a priority for his room?
(a) That it take the strain off the servants.
(b) That it have better service than Olivia's wing.
(c) That it is closer to Malcolm's new wife.
(d) That it is warmer and has an adjoining bath.
3. What did Olivia think that she might gain out of Garland's new wife?
(a) A mothering figure.
(b) An ally.
(c) Someone to go to for advice.
(d) All of these.
4. Who learned more about Olivia than anyone else?
(a) John Amos.
(b) All of these.
(c) The lawyer in charge of her father's affairs.
(d) Her aunt.
5. At what age did Malcolm lose his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Malcolm's mother have all over the house?
2. What name(s) was etched on the desks?
3. What message had been sent for Olivia?
4. Why shouldn't Olivia feel subordinate to Malcolm's father's new wife?
5. What relative was mentioned by name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Malcolm react to the news that Olivia couldn't have any more children after Joel?
2. What both intrigued and dismayed Olivia about the library?
3. What startled Olivia about the kiss she shared with Malcolm at the end of their wedding?
4. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
5. Why did Olivia's father encourage her to go to business school?
6. How does Malcolm feel about marriage?
7. What kinds of things did Olivia find in the attic?
8. What were some of the major differences between Garland and Malcolm?
9. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
10. In what way did Malcolm come on to Alicia?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)