|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the women talk about?
(a) How to redecorate their homes.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Clothing styles.
2. For what or whomwas Malcolm always there?
(a) Both of these.
(b) A pretty lady.
(c) A damsel in distress.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
(a) A diamond brooch.
(b) A blue sapphire pendant.
(c) A pink sapphire pendant.
(d) An emerald pendant.
4. Why shouldn't Olivia feel subordinate to Malcolm's father's new wife?
(a) She is not likely to be Olivia's equal.
(b) The kind of woman that impresses Malcolm's father is the vapid kind.
(c) Olivia is likely to be smarter.
(d) Olivia is likely to be far more beautiful.
5. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
(a) Taking his drunken wife out to the car.
(b) Settling a business deal.
(c) Breaking up a fight.
(d) Settling a poker bet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Malcolm say to Olivia when he came to her that night?
2. What animal did the bed in Malcolm's mother's room resemble?
3. What characteristic(s) of women did Malcolm despise?
4. What relative was mentioned by name?
5. What was the name of Malcolm's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Olivia have to fight Malcolm over?
2. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
3. What had Olivia done for her wedding night, and what did she expect?
4. What memory did Olivia have that made her feel claustrophobic?
5. In what way did Malcolm come on to Alicia?
6. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
7. How did Olivia feel when she had awakened?
8. How did Olivia feel about the uniforms that she had found?
9. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
10. How does Malcolm feel about marriage?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)