|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weather did Olivia have on her wedding day?
2. What did Garland and Alicia do all afternoon?
(a) Fritter away money.
(b) Make love.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
3. Why did Olivia greet Malcolm warmly when he had approached her in the nursery?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) She thought he had finally taken a father's interest in his children.
(d) She thought that he might want to actually be a father to his children.
4. When was Malcolm to return that evening?
(a) Just after she retired.
(b) Just before she retired to bed.
(c) He wasn't to return that evening.
(d) After she was asleep.
5. What was Garland's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olivia represent?
2. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
3. What news did Malcolm bring Olivia in the nursery?
4. What message had been sent for Olivia?
5. What did Olivia and Malcolm name their firstborn son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Olivia been certain about in regards to the attic?
2. What news came by way of Malcolm to Olivia?
3. What was important about the dress that Olivia selected to wear at her wedding?
4. Why hadn't Malcolm taken a wife?
5. How was Garland and Alicia's love obvious?
6. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
7. How does Malcolm feel about marriage?
8. What comparisons do the household staff make in regards to Olivia and Alicia?
9. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
10. How did Olivia feel when she had awakened?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)