|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malcolm's mother represent?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) None of these.
(c) The swan.
(d) The ugly duckling.
2. What had Garland and Malcolm been discussing?
(a) Garland had drawn up a new will.
(b) All of these.
(c) Garland wanted to send his youngest son to Harvard.
(d) Garland was going to be living with them for the rest of his life.
3. Of whom did Alicia remind Olivia?
(b) All of these.
4. What was the name of the retired Sunday School teacher?
(a) Mr. Chillingworth.
(b) Mr. Chillington.
(c) Mr. Chesterton.
(d) Mr. Challingworth.
5. What objections does Olivia put in about Garland's age?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) That he is too old for her.
(c) That he will be dead before she is middle age.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women at the party reminded Olivia of what?
2. What name(s) was etched on the desks?
3. How many phones were there on the desk?
4. What had Olivia's father done without her knowledge?
5. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news came by way of Malcolm to Olivia?
2. How did Malcolm react to the news that Olivia couldn't have any more children after Joel?
3. What kinds of things did Olivia find in the attic?
4. How did Mal's birth revive Olivia's hopes for love? What actually occurred?
5. What did Olivia have to fight Malcolm over?
6. Why did Olivia's father encourage her to go to business school?
7. What memory did Olivia have that made her feel claustrophobic?
8. In what way did Malcolm come on to Alicia?
9. How did Olivia feel when she had awakened?
10. What both intrigued and dismayed Olivia about the library?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)