|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
(a) How she lost her mother.
(b) The woman's suffrage movement.
(c) A woman's place in the world.
(d) When she got her period.
2. How did the people at Olivia's reception make her feel?
(a) Like an uninvited guest at her own party.
(b) Like an old friend after a long trip.
(c) They were warm and kindly people.
(d) They took pains to make her feel like a giant.
3. What message had been sent for Olivia?
(a) Her father had died.
(b) Her cousin had died.
(c) Joel had taken ill.
(d) Her aunt had died.
4. Of whom did Alicia remind Olivia?
(b) All of these.
5. What day of the week do the servants go to town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Malcolm ask Olivia to marry him?
2. What was unusual about the picture of Malcolm's mother?
3. What news did Malcolm bring Olivia in the nursery?
4. What thought cheered Olivia when she had seen the small room where she was to work?
5. For what are the servants to watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was little Corinne the light of Foxworth Hall?
2. How did Olivia regain her dignity after Malcolm's betrayal?
3. What both intrigued and dismayed Olivia about the library?
4. What began happening to Alicia and Garland?
5. In what way would Olivia become strictly an instrument of God?
6. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
7. Why was Corinne baffled and confused following Mal's death?
8. How did Garland speak of Malcolm in reference to his childhood?
9. What did Malcolm do that upset and embarrassed Olivia?
10. Why did Malcolm want to know about Corinne and Christopher eventually?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)