|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Olivia and Malcolm name their firstborn son?
(a) Malcolm, or Mal.
(b) Matthew, or Matt.
2. What kind of weather did Olivia have on her wedding day?
3. At what age did Malcolm lose his mother?
4. What relative was mentioned by name?
(a) Aunt Margaret
(b) John Amos.
(c) Neither of these were mentioned.
(d) Both of these were mentioned.
5. When was Malcolm to return that evening?
(a) Just after she retired.
(b) After she was asleep.
(c) He wasn't to return that evening.
(d) Just before she retired to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What uniforms did Olivia find in the attic?
2. Why did Garland feel sorry for Olivia?
3. How did the people at Olivia's reception make her feel?
4. What was there in Garland's demeanor that there wasn't in Malcolm's?
5. How old was Olivia when she lost her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Olivia feel about the uniforms that she had found?
2. There are several rooms mentioned as Olivia is escorted through Foxworth Hall for the first time. What is significant about them?
3. How did Olivia feel when she had awakened?
4. How did Mal's birth revive Olivia's hopes for love? What actually occurred?
5. Why did Olivia's father encourage her to go to business school?
6. How did Olivia's nervousness affect her?
7. What lived in the shadows of Malcolm Foxworth? How did this news affect Olivia?
8. How did Olivia feel about meeting Malcolm and how did she feel once she had met him?
9. What kinds of things did Olivia find in the attic?
10. What memory did Olivia have that made her feel claustrophobic?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)