|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conversation(s) did Olvia have with Alicia?
(a) Olivia didn't have any conversations with Alicia.
(b) That she should live for her son.
(c) That she should pressure Malcolm to settle her estate.
(d) Both of these.
2. What didn't Christopher understand when he arrived at Foxworth?
(a) All of these.
(b) That half of everything, the estate and business, rightfully belonged to him.
(c) That he was the second legitimate son of Garland Foxworth.
(d) That he was there only by the grace of God.
3. From whom did Malcolm receive a letter?
(b) His mother, Corinne.
(c) His daughter, Corinne.
(d) His half brother, Christopher.
4. What revived Malcolm's interest and left him looking excited and almost breathless?
(a) The knowledge that Alicia had sent a letter.
(b) The knowledge that he was going to have a son again.
(c) The knowledge that the Foxworth lineage wasn't dead.
(d) All of these.
5. Corinne looked more and more like ____ everyday.
(a) Her father.
(c) Her brother, Christopher.
(d) Her grandmother.
6. Why did Alicia finally choose to tell Olivia what was happening?
(a) She didn't want to be in Foxworth Hall anymore.
(b) She was attempting to leave.
(c) She was pregnant with Malcolm's child.
(d) She knew Garland would have wanted her to tell Olivia.
7. How long had Malcolm been forcing himself on Alicia when Olivia had come to talk to her?
(a) For a month and a half.
(b) For a week.
(c) For a month.
(d) For three months.
8. Where were Christopher and Corinne?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the Swan room.
(c) In Christopher's room.
(d) In Corinne's room.
9. How did Alicia react eventually to her imprisonment?
(a) She fantasized she was elsewhere, and believed it.
(b) She spent all her time thinking about what she would do when she could.
(c) None of these.
(d) She thought that she would leave and she did.
10. Who provided loving support to Corinne?
(b) John Amos.
11. What was the last thing that Alicia thought would save her from being condemned?
(a) That the servants would know.
(b) That she would have to see a doctor.
(c) That people would know she had never left.
(d) That she couldn't remain away from her son.
12. What was different about Malcolm in regards to Corinne?
(a) His frugality was forgotten with her.
(b) All of these.
(c) She got everything given to her.
(d) He treated her better.
13. How did Mal die?
(a) He had gone over a cliff on his motorcycle.
(b) Both of these.
(c) He had crashed into a cliff on his motorcycle.
(d) Neither of these.
14. What did Malcolm narrowly miss doing to Mal?
(a) Hitting him over the head.
(b) Smacking him.
(c) All of these.
(d) Slamming his fingers in the piano to break them.
15. Which person was at Corinne's beck and call?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did it make Olivia feel to decide Alicia's fate for her?
2. What did Alicia ask?
3. What did Olivia say to Malcolm following his attack on Alicia?
4. What was the last thing Olivia ordered Malcolm to do?
5. What didn't Olivia know how to do with the children?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)