|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Olivia's father done without her knowledge?
(a) Invited Malcolm to church with them.
(b) Asked Malcolm what his intentions were with Olivia.
(c) Asked Malcolm to join him on a tour of the business.
(d) Invited Malcolm over for dinner again.
2. What were Malcolm's concerns when he saw his father's bride pregnant?
(a) That she was going to upset the already existing children.
(b) That there would be another heir to the Foxworth fortune.
(c) All of these.
(d) That she was going to stay for an indefinite period of time.
3. What color were Alicia's eyes?
4. What did Garland and Alicia do all afternoon?
(a) Fritter away money.
(b) Make love.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
5. The women at the party reminded Olivia of what?
(a) Little girls.
(c) Dignified women.
6. What had Olivia waited to have for so long?
(a) All of these.
(b) Morning kisses.
(d) Whispered words of love and affection.
7. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
(a) Taking his drunken wife out to the car.
(b) Breaking up a fight.
(c) Settling a business deal.
(d) Settling a poker bet.
8. Where will Malcolm's father be sleeping?
(a) In the North Wing.
(b) In the room beside Malcolm's.
(c) In the room next to hers.
(d) In the room across from hers.
9. What instrument were Mal and Joel playing?
(a) The trumpet.
(b) The piano.
(c) The saxophone.
(d) The guitar.
10. Which of Olivia's thoughts in regards to the North Wing were proved correct?
(a) That she shouldn't mention the uniforms she found in the attic.
(b) That she shouldn't mention that she had been in the attic.
(c) That embarrassing cousins were once cloistered there.
(d) That she shouldn't have mentioned the picture of his mother.
11. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
(a) Mr. Olsen.
(b) Mrs. Wilson.
(d) Mrs. Steiner.
12. Why shouldn't Olivia feel subordinate to Malcolm's father's new wife?
(a) Olivia is likely to be far more beautiful.
(b) The kind of woman that impresses Malcolm's father is the vapid kind.
(c) She is not likely to be Olivia's equal.
(d) Olivia is likely to be smarter.
13. How old was Olivia when she lost her mother?
14. What name(s) was etched on the desks?
(a) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
15. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
(a) That her fortune was her own and that Malcolm was not entitled to it.
(b) That he treat her with respect and dignity.
(c) That he have the courage to divorce her if he didn't love her.
(d) That he honestly love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did doctors dub this neckline?
2. What do Malcolm's parties always reflect?
3. What did Alicia name her son?
4. What was unusual about the picture of Malcolm's mother?
5. What did Olivia represent?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)