|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Malcolm feel about musicians?
(a) All of these.
(b) They were effeminate.
(c) They were weak.
(d) They made little money.
2. How old was Olivia when she lost her mother?
3. The women at the party reminded Olivia of what?
(c) Little girls.
(d) Dignified women.
4. Why wasn't Olivia sorry she couldn't bear Malcolm any more children?
(a) He didn't enjoy the ones he already had.
(b) All of these.
(c) He wasn't exactly father material.
(d) He had never treated his children with any kindness.
5. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
(a) Settling a business deal.
(b) Taking his drunken wife out to the car.
(c) Settling a poker bet.
(d) Breaking up a fight.
6. Who did Malcolm take into the library at their reception?
(a) Anita Biddens.
(b) Amanda Biddens.
(c) Alana Biddens.
(d) Alissa Biddens.
7. What food does Malcolm usually have on Wednesdays?
8. Where did Malcolm ask Olivia to marry him?
(a) After church.
(b) Over dinner.
(c) While upon horseback.
(d) By the river on a walk.
9. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
(a) That he had given her the day to herself.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) That he didn't want her tiring herself before the reception.
10. Why did Olivia greet Malcolm warmly when he had approached her in the nursery?
(a) She thought that he might want to actually be a father to his children.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) She thought he had finally taken a father's interest in his children.
11. What did Olivia's father choose to have served on special occasions?
(a) Filet Mignon.
(b) Beef Wellington.
(c) Prime Rib Roast.
12. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
(a) A blue sapphire pendant.
(b) A diamond brooch.
(c) An emerald pendant.
(d) A pink sapphire pendant.
13. What did Malcolm attempt to get Olivia to do?
(a) Turn over her fortune to him.
(b) Come out with him and tour the businesses.
(c) Malcolm didn't attempt to get Olivia to do anything.
(d) Come out with him to redecorate the house.
14. What was Malcolm's mother's name?
15. How long has Mrs. Wilson been with the Foxworths?
(a) Nearly thirty-five years.
(b) Nearly forty years.
(c) Nearly thirty years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Malcolm's mother represent?
2. What did attics represent to Olivia?
3. What was in the separate room in the attic?
4. What was Garland's wife's name?
5. What were Malcolm's concerns when he saw his father's bride pregnant?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)