|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malcolm attempt to get Olivia to do?
(a) Come out with him and tour the businesses.
(b) Come out with him to redecorate the house.
(c) Malcolm didn't attempt to get Olivia to do anything.
(d) Turn over her fortune to him.
2. Where did Malcolm ask Olivia to marry him?
(a) While upon horseback.
(b) By the river on a walk.
(c) After church.
(d) Over dinner.
3. What seemed to be happening to Garland?
(a) He seemed to be aging quickly.
(b) He seemed unhappy.
(c) His health seemed to be failing.
(d) He seemed envious of Malcolm.
4. What did Olivia sense when Malcolm talked about Foxworth Hall and his ambitions?
(a) That nothing was more important to him.
(b) All of these.
(c) That she didn't mean anything to him.
(d) That nothing meant more to him.
5. Who did Malcolm take into the library at their reception?
(a) Anita Biddens.
(b) Alana Biddens.
(c) Alissa Biddens.
(d) Amanda Biddens.
6. What kind of neckline did Olivia's gown that she donned when she went to bed have?
(a) An empire neckline.
(b) None of these.
(c) A scoop neck.
(d) A V-neck.
7. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
(a) When she got her period.
(b) How she lost her mother.
(c) A woman's place in the world.
(d) The woman's suffrage movement.
8. What news did Malcolm bring Olivia in the nursery?
(a) His father had remarried.
(b) Both of these.
(c) His father, Garland, was returning.
(d) Neither of these.
9. What did the women talk about?
(a) How to redecorate their homes.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Clothing styles.
10. How long has Mrs. Wilson been with the Foxworths?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Nearly thirty years.
(c) Nearly forty years.
(d) Nearly thirty-five years.
11. What terrified Olivia?
(a) A honeymoon.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Conjugal relations.
(d) Both of these.
12. What was Garland's wife's name?
13. What had Olivia waited to have for so long?
(a) All of these.
(b) Morning kisses.
(d) Whispered words of love and affection.
14. What day of the week do the servants go to town?
15. What food does Malcolm usually have on Wednesdays?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Malcolm's father?
2. What did Alicia name her son?
3. What relative was mentioned by name?
4. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
5. Malcolm didn't inform his father about what?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)