Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why shouldn't Olivia feel subordinate to Malcolm's father's new wife?
(a) The kind of woman that impresses Malcolm's father is the vapid kind.
(b) Olivia is likely to be smarter.
(c) She is not likely to be Olivia's equal.
(d) Olivia is likely to be far more beautiful.
2. What was the name of the retired Sunday School teacher?
(a) Mr. Chillingworth.
(b) Mr. Challingworth.
(c) Mr. Chillington.
(d) Mr. Chesterton.
3. How did Malcolm treat Olivia the first time he 'slept' with her?
(a) With hesitancy and tenderness.
(b) With compassion and respect.
(c) With love and tenderness.
(d) With hatred and lust.
4. What disappointed Olivia about Malcolm's kiss?
(a) It was hard and perfunctory.
(b) All of these.
(c) It was cold and chaste.
(d) It had the passion of a wet noodle.
5. What did doctors dub this neckline?
(a) The Death blouse.
(b) The Indecent blouse.
(c) The Pneumonia blouse.
(d) The Plague blouse.
6. What did Olivia represent?
(a) None of these.
(b) The swan.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) The ugly duckling.
7. What instrument were Mal and Joel playing?
(a) The saxophone.
(b) The trumpet.
(c) The piano.
(d) The guitar.
8. What had Olivia's father done without her knowledge?
(a) Invited Malcolm over for dinner again.
(b) Asked Malcolm to join him on a tour of the business.
(c) Invited Malcolm to church with them.
(d) Asked Malcolm what his intentions were with Olivia.
9. What did Malcolm attempt to get Olivia to do?
(a) Come out with him to redecorate the house.
(b) Come out with him and tour the businesses.
(c) Turn over her fortune to him.
(d) Malcolm didn't attempt to get Olivia to do anything.
10. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
(a) The woman's suffrage movement.
(b) A woman's place in the world.
(c) When she got her period.
(d) How she lost her mother.
11. How many tiers on the chandeliers were lit?
(a) Two of the five.
(b) Four of the five.
(c) All three.
(d) All five.
12. What did Malcolm say to Olivia when he came to her that night?
(a) I want a son.
(b) I hoped we could be together.
(c) We must do what is necessary.
(d) I want a daughter.
13. What food does Malcolm usually have on Wednesdays?
14. What seemed to be happening to Garland?
(a) His health seemed to be failing.
(b) He seemed unhappy.
(c) He seemed envious of Malcolm.
(d) He seemed to be aging quickly.
15. What mountains were "looming like sleeping giants?"
(a) The Appalachian Mountains.
(b) The Black Hills.
(c) The Blue Ridge Mountains.
(d) The Rocky Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Malcolm feel about musicians?
2. Where will Malcolm's father be sleeping?
3. What do Malcolm's parties always reflect?
4. What is Malcolm's father's bride to Olivia?
5. How many phones were there on the desk?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)