|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Malcolm treat Olivia the first time he 'slept' with her?
(a) With compassion and respect.
(b) With hesitancy and tenderness.
(c) With hatred and lust.
(d) With love and tenderness.
2. What did Malcolm say to Olivia when he came to her that night?
(a) I want a daughter.
(b) We must do what is necessary.
(c) I hoped we could be together.
(d) I want a son.
3. What did Olivia represent?
(a) The swan.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) None of these.
(d) The ugly duckling.
4. What seemed to be happening to Garland?
(a) He seemed envious of Malcolm.
(b) He seemed unhappy.
(c) His health seemed to be failing.
(d) He seemed to be aging quickly.
5. What had Olivia waited to have for so long?
(a) Whispered words of love and affection.
(b) All of these.
(c) Morning kisses.
6. What color were Alicia's eyes?
7. What had Alicia done without Olivia?
(a) Gone for a nude swim in the lake.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Gone for a cruise in the boat.
(d) Neither of these.
8. What did Malcolm's mother have all over the house?
9. Why is Malcolm's father dependent on him?
(a) All of these.
(b) Malcolm knows the in's and out's of the empire now better than his father.
(c) There is new blood in the board room that doesn't know Malcolm's father.
(d) Malcolm knows more about the business affairs than his father does.
10. What did Malcolm attempt to get Olivia to do?
(a) Come out with him and tour the businesses.
(b) Come out with him to redecorate the house.
(c) Malcolm didn't attempt to get Olivia to do anything.
(d) Turn over her fortune to him.
11. Where will Malcolm's father be sleeping?
(a) In the room across from hers.
(b) In the North Wing.
(c) In the room next to hers.
(d) In the room beside Malcolm's.
12. What characteristic(s) of women did Malcolm despise?
(a) All of these.
(b) Those without an ounce of self respect.
(c) Frilly types.
13. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
(a) Mrs. Wilson.
(c) Mr. Olsen.
(d) Mrs. Steiner.
14. What day of the week do the servants go to town?
15. What was unusual about the picture of Malcolm's mother?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Everything but the picture had a layer of dust on it.
(c) Both of these.
(d) It sparkled unlike anything else in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Garland's wife's name?
2. What did Olivia believe in more than anything?
3. What do Malcolm's parties always reflect?
4. What kind of weather did Olivia have on her wedding day?
5. Why wasn't Olivia sorry she couldn't bear Malcolm any more children?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)