|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malcolm's mother have all over the house?
2. What did Olivia believe in more than anything?
(a) All of these.
(b) The church.
3. Olivia compared the people at her reception to what animal?
4. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
(a) That he had given her the day to herself.
(b) Both of these.
(c) That he didn't want her tiring herself before the reception.
(d) Neither of these.
5. What color were Alicia's eyes?
6. Where did Malcolm ask Olivia to marry him?
(a) Over dinner.
(b) After church.
(c) By the river on a walk.
(d) While upon horseback.
7. What mountains were "looming like sleeping giants?"
(a) The Black Hills.
(b) The Blue Ridge Mountains.
(c) The Appalachian Mountains.
(d) The Rocky Mountains.
8. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
(a) Mr. Olsen.
(b) Mrs. Steiner.
(d) Mrs. Wilson.
9. Why is Malcolm's father dependent on him?
(a) There is new blood in the board room that doesn't know Malcolm's father.
(b) Malcolm knows the in's and out's of the empire now better than his father.
(c) Malcolm knows more about the business affairs than his father does.
(d) All of these.
10. What was in the separate room in the attic?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) A schoolroom.
11. What food is mentioned in Chapter Five?
(a) Small sandwiches.
(b) All of these.
(d) Petit fours.
12. How much money did Malcolm make in the stock market that day?
(a) Twenty-four thousand dollars.
(b) Twenty-six thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) He didn't make any money in the stock market.
13. What relative was mentioned by name?
(a) John Amos.
(b) Neither of these were mentioned.
(c) Both of these were mentioned.
(d) Aunt Margaret
14. How did Malcolm treat Olivia the first time he 'slept' with her?
(a) With hatred and lust.
(b) With hesitancy and tenderness.
(c) With love and tenderness.
(d) With compassion and respect.
15. What specifically does Malcolm's father want as a priority for his room?
(a) That it take the strain off the servants.
(b) That it is warmer and has an adjoining bath.
(c) That it is closer to Malcolm's new wife.
(d) That it have better service than Olivia's wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Malcolm say to Olivia when he came to her that night?
2. What was the name of Malcolm's father?
3. What was there in Garland's demeanor that there wasn't in Malcolm's?
4. Malcolm didn't inform his father about what?
5. What do Malcolm's parties always reflect?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)