|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic(s) of women did Malcolm despise?
(a) Frilly types.
(b) Those without an ounce of self respect.
(c) All of these.
2. Who did Malcolm take into the library at their reception?
(a) Alissa Biddens.
(b) Amanda Biddens.
(c) Anita Biddens.
(d) Alana Biddens.
3. What was there in Garland's demeanor that there wasn't in Malcolm's?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A lightness to his step.
(d) A warmth to his smile.
4. How many rooms are in Foxworth Hall?
(d) Somewhere between thirty and forty.
5. What was the dressmakers name?
(a) Miss Fairchild.
(b) Miss Auburdeen.
(c) Miss Fairleen.
(d) Miss Auberchild.
6. What had Olivia waited to have for so long?
(b) Whispered words of love and affection.
(c) Morning kisses.
(d) All of these.
7. What did Olivia and Malcolm name their firstborn son?
(a) Malcolm, or Mal.
(b) Matthew, or Matt.
8. What animal did the bed in Malcolm's mother's room resemble?
(a) A swan.
(b) A cat.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A dove.
9. What had Garland and Malcolm been discussing?
(a) All of these.
(b) Garland had drawn up a new will.
(c) Garland was going to be living with them for the rest of his life.
(d) Garland wanted to send his youngest son to Harvard.
10. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
(a) How she lost her mother.
(b) The woman's suffrage movement.
(c) A woman's place in the world.
(d) When she got her period.
11. What thought infuriated Olivia?
(a) All of these.
(b) That her boys were being tutored in the hottest room in the house.
(c) Alicia might be able to get Malcolm to do something Olivia could not.
(d) That her boys weren't as fawned over as Alicia's were.
12. What mountains were "looming like sleeping giants?"
(a) The Rocky Mountains.
(b) The Blue Ridge Mountains.
(c) The Black Hills.
(d) The Appalachian Mountains.
13. Why is Malcolm's father dependent on him?
(a) There is new blood in the board room that doesn't know Malcolm's father.
(b) All of these.
(c) Malcolm knows more about the business affairs than his father does.
(d) Malcolm knows the in's and out's of the empire now better than his father.
14. What color were Alicia's eyes?
15. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
(a) Settling a poker bet.
(b) Taking his drunken wife out to the car.
(c) Settling a business deal.
(d) Breaking up a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to Malcolm's mother?
2. Olivia compared the people at her reception to what animal?
3. What specifically does Malcolm's father want as a priority for his room?
4. What did doctors dub this neckline?
5. What had Olivia's father done without her knowledge?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)