Short Answer Key
Prologue and Part 1: Chapters 1-2
1. What did Olivia's father buy her when she was a little girl?
A priceless handcrafted dollhouse.
2. At what age was Olivia already considered a spinster?
3. How old was Olivia when she lost her mother?
4. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
The woman's suffrage movement.
5. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
A blue sapphire pendant.
6. What did Olivia's father choose to have served on special occasions?
7. At what age did Malcolm lose his mother?
8. What had Olivia's father done without her knowledge?
Invited Malcolm to church with them.
9. Where did Malcolm ask Olivia to marry him?
By the river on a walk.
10. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
That her fortune was her own and...
This section contains 2,124 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)